Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excellent site for RC bits and pieces  (Read 2371 times)

SimonO

• Full Mayhemer
Excellent site for RC bits and pieces
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:30:43 am »

I have found a robotics site http://www.technobots.co.uk/index.html that does a variety of RC accessories, well worth a look. Their crystals are excellent value for money and the lighting rigs are amazing, they are prewired and plug into a servo socket on your receiver, they do the std white but also port and starboard red and green, they are not the usual LED however the brightness is staggering in that they are still very visible in bright sun light (even the white versions) two white lights on my tugs deck + the nav lights illuminate my entire garage. Don't buy the multi adapter/programmer though, its expensive and to be honest I used an old 40MHz 6 channel receiver with the aerial and signal components removed the just plug in the light units and battery pack and switch and away you go, someone in the club always has an old/damaged unit they don't want.

Regards

Si

Mark47

Re: Excellent site for RC bits and pieces
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:42:37 am »

Yeah I've used this site. The only thing is if you just want a set of crystals (on special offer just now) £2.45. You need to order somethinbg else to get it above £10 before they accept the order {:-{. Then delivery makes your order £13, when all you wanted was a cheap set of crystals.

Too many site require a minimum order. O0

Mark

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:46:58 am »

According to their latest newsletter, they also sell on eBay without a minimum order. Not sure what items are on there, but might be worth a look?

Barrie

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:22 am »

If your club joins the Technobots Club Discount Scheme, as ours has done you get a 10% discount across the range.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Mark47

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 10:29:53 am »

According to their latest newsletter, they also sell on eBay without a minimum order. Not sure what items are on there, but might be worth a look?

Barrie

Thanks for that Barrie.

Just ordered a couple of sets of crystals. :-)) O0 O0

Mark

northwind

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:23:48 pm »

Another Thumbs up for Technobots.. there RC controlled mini switchers are great:

http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Radio_Controlled_Relays_157.html

getemuphigh

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »

Barrie

Thanks for that Barrie.

Just ordered a couple of sets of crystals. :-)) O0 O0

Mark

I got some of those crystals from their ebay shop and also a new servo all at a great price and low postage!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.