Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boating lake available in Hemsworth, South Yorks.  (Read 1757 times)

SlimRick

Boating lake available in Hemsworth, South Yorks.
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:18:03 pm »

Just made a quick phone call to Hemsworth Council regarding Hemsworth Water Park.  Model boats (no IC's) are welcome in the lake as long as there are no fishing matches or Pedalo's on the lake.  These are usually locked away at about 4pm on the weekends.  The Pedalo's only use the large lake, so I would assume the smaller lake is pretty much available most of the time.
I believe there used to be a club that sailed on this lake, but I can't find anything about this, and the lady at the council isn't aware of a club using it.
I'll pop over there in the dext day or so to take some pictures - I think it might be the venue for my Perkasa's maiden run with the twin MMB 900's  :-))
Here's the waterpark website link:
http://www.hemsworthtowncouncil.co.uk/hemsworth-water-park-and-playworld/

And an aerial view of the lake:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=hemsworth+water+park&fb=1&split=1&gl=uk&ei=ZrlAStDWBo3EsAbt293NAw&cd=1&sll=53.619395,-1.355864&sspn=0.016987,0.006295&sig2=j2TpLUDRXhQNbt3FtKkZVQ&cid=53626473,-1358334,13561371440799721737&li=lmd

The park has open access 24 hours a day all year round....any one interested in a sail?

madrob

Re: Boating lake available in Hemsworth, South Yorks.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 05:30:34 pm »

hemsworth used to have its own club at one time of life, the water park was used by them in the early 80s, untill such a time when the club moved to a place called the rustic arms pub, which had its own lake in the grounds and became the rustic model club.
the reason they moved were the charges for insurance the council wanted to charge

ps hemsworth is in west yorkshire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.