Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TalkTalk  (Read 1536 times)

Patternmaker

TalkTalk
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »

Anyone had experiences with this lot, broadband and phone?>>:-(

catengineman

Re: TalkTalk
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »

Only when they said I could not talk talk as they could not supply me!!

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »

I have been with Talk Talk for over a year now and have nothing but good experiences with them.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »

Three years, it fell over three times, first time a free call to a helpful centre restored service, 2nd and 3rd times problem referred to BT and problem solved within 2 days.  Thats longer than an alleged one stop shop like BT used to be, but quite fast for semi communicative communication companies who try their best to hide behind each other.  Overall good value.
The ADSL modems supplied back then and/or the associated software were fairly rubbish, but using a shop-bought router modem works wonders.  Nowadays, their primary helpline doesn't understand their original modems(!).
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Proteus

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:48 pm »

Have a read of this it says it all , I would do without broad band before I would go back , Bt has been fine

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=15448.0

Proteus

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:35:44 am »

Reading through that thread, it all depends to an extent on dumb luck.  Any service provider is capable of providing good service, and most of the time, most do.  When they screw up, none of them have a way out, especially if the muck up isnt something that their team of graduate consultants thought of (see Bluebirds contribution to the story).  BT, who used to be a one stop shop, are now many little companies who are no more capable of talking to each other to resolve problems than anybody else, this in the name of "competition".

Patternmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:26:05 pm »

My experience with talktalk, after receiving my latest telephone bill from BT I decided to shop around for a cheaper option and decided to go with talktalk, broadband and phone.
After researching the internet and reading reviews which I should have done before I signed a contract I decided to cancel the contract before the date of the change over The initial contract was £21.74 per month plus connection fee, I discovered on the internet that if you ordered online I could get it £17.74 per month with no connection fee. 2 hours later on the phone trying to get customer services to cancel my contract a nice lady tried to persuade me to stay with talktalk by offering me their service for £14.74 then £12.74 then finally £7.74 for 6 months when I said no for 4th time she offered to extend the service to 12months at £7.74, finally she got the message and said she would cancel the contract which would take effect within 48 hours me thinking job done, ‘O’ no 7 days later I lost my internet connection with AOL I phoned customer services to be told that
Talktalk had taken it over and it would be 14 days to reconnect with AOL I then phoned BT and was informed that talktalk had also taken over the phone line and BT would initiate complaint for unfair trading.
TalkTalk are now looking in to what when wrong and assured me that I would not be charged for any services, so in the meantime I am using talktalk broadband which keeps dropping out, so only time will tell.
 Its very true that you only get what you pay for. 

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:19 pm »

The initial contract was £21.74 per month plus connection fee, I discovered on the internet that if you ordered online I could get it £17.74 per month with no connection fee.
Actually looking on their site, the £17.74 is for landline calls evenings and weekends, the £21.74, landline calls anytime.  Two different deals.  Not only should reviews be read, so should the instructions and terms and conditions.
Of course, if you google for any provider + "problem" or "complaint", you will never want to be connected.

Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 09:48:25 pm »

I spent 3 weeks trying to get my mother's phone reconnected after they turned it off by mistake. Eventually one person admitted that although they answered the phone as TT they were actually One to one or something that had been taken over by TT. As such their computer prevented them restoring the line. TT would only reconnect if she took a new number and broadband too.
BT were polite, intelligent and got her back her number (held for over 50 years) in a couple of days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.