Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripmax Xtra ESC  (Read 4866 times)

warspite

Ripmax Xtra ESC
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:21:49 pm »

Anyone fitted a Ripmax Xtra model 'P-XTRA-BS20.

need to fit it to the S Boat through a hitec feather and combo drills  MFA380

according to the instructions when using a futaba the stick needs to be in reverse is this correct?

or can i put the throttle stick in neutral and it would work full throttle and 50% throttle in reverse.

or do i give up completely and turn to 'N' Gauge rail  :D

warspite

Re: Ripmax Xtra ESC
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 05:02:12 pm »

;) based on the electronics thread i just did, maybe i should expect no reply to this question.  ;D

just also need to know if - i do just plug and play with the esc can it be rectified later, for instance, after following the instructions and i leave the throttle in neutral and it did need to be set at full reverse, how could i reset it so that it works correctly.

Not holding out much hope on a response to this, may have upset someone - if you know what i mean  ;)

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 05:42:46 pm »

Hi Warspite,

I am not familiar with this ESC, BUT, if the instructions say to hold the Tx lever in full reverse when you switch on (I assume this is what you mean) then I am pretty sure that if the result isn't what you want, then switching off, then switching on again with the stick in neutral will override the first attempt.

My Mtroniks ESCs have a set up sequence allowing you to set full ahead and full astern. You can do this as often as you want, although they do have a set-up button which has to be pressed to enter the 'programming' mode.

Hope this helps

Barrie

warspite

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:54:09 am »

if i can i will try and get a photo done and ask martin to add it to this thread to show what it looks like, thanks barriew

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 08:35:24 am »

Warsprite,

From the ESC I have that are programmable you can change the position of the neutral, but I am not sure you can do what you suggested, maybe experimentation is the only answer..

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

warspite

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 08:08:13 am »

if i can i will try and get a photo done and ask martin to add it to this thread to show what it looks like, thanks barriew

The photo's when they get put on will show a 5 pence piece next to them, the big blue one is the ripmax and obviously the other is the Pixie 20P which is an aircraft ESC so the speed will be power on forward only.

The problem is the Ripmax one and the futaba instruction.

warspite

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 07:58:23 am »

here are the photo's

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:25:10 am »

I would say your best bet at this time is to suck it and see, you have a 50% chance of it working correctly, if necessary can you not reverse the channel...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Stavros

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 11:57:24 pm »

warspite I have had nothing but trouble with the ripmax speed controllers what a load of ca ca they are.Firts one refused to work second the same,gto money back.decided to buy another (did not learn my lesson!!!!)from another shop,instantly burnt out 4 servos in bec mode,tried to claim from model shop was told all they could do was return to Ripmax,fair enough,but got credit note for teh item but Ripmax did not want to know about teh 4x futaba servos that went ga ga.Throw it away,give it away go and buy a MTRONICS much more reliable
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.