Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Split  (Read 7213 times)

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
F1 Split
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:36:09 am »

A 'new' championship with half of the teams in 2010...  {:-{

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108488.stm

Will the 'other' teams join.. or stay with Max and the FIA?

Oh... and..
"The stage is also set for a legal battle, with the FIA saying champions Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams have existing contracts which commit them to the existing championship.

The FIA had set a Friday deadline for five teams - Brawn, BMW-Sauber, McLaren, Renault and Toyota - to convert their provisional entries into unconditional ones or risk being excluded.

There was no immediate comment from the FIA or Ecclestone. "

Proteus

Re: F1 Split
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:47:40 am »

the FIA have folded in ,they have backed down but I think the amount of harm Mosley has done mud slinging hasn't helped I have heard that the FIM (bikes) may have a split as well and join them , it was over the budget cuts and when they started, this was on crash" FIA backs down with 'amendments' to F1 rules" the problem is they will all want to be in charge and have rules that suite them , I don't think the red cars will be able to please them selves what rules they stick to if it does go ahead.

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/News/148514/1/fia_backs_down_with_amendments_to_f1_rules.html

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/7629

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/default.stm

don't forget the RED button and Live on there web site ,the times have been an hour out for the last two GP so start tape earleyer

Friday 19

Formula One, British Grand Prix

0955-1135, live coverage of first practice
1355-1535, live coverage of second practice

Proteus,

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 03:52:35 am »

the FIA have folded in ,they have backed down

Thats not the info i have been finding out..
"Following a series of missives sent out this week between the governing body and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), it seems further crisis talks at Silverstone today (Thursday) ahead of this weekend's British Grand Prix may be leading towards a resolution that will avert the threat of a manufacturer-spearheaded 'breakaway series'

The announcement of the breakaway was after that article on Crash.net

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:21 am »

Split announced on BBC 1  news 7.30am Friday.
..well can you land on this?

barryfoote

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:27 am »

This is a great shame, just when F1 was regaining much of its popularity. I am afraid that unless Mosley and Ecclestone get their act together quickly, they will find themselves with a Championship that on one will want to watch. The End of F1 as we know it is very close.... >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*<

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:51:05 am »

Don't worry, Max will soon whip them back into line.  ok2

hopeitfloats

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:55:07 am »

if you change the word MAX  and insert in its place FERRARI i think you will be spot on.

barryfoote

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:31:49 am »

Erm......no I think Max is better with a whip!! ok2

catengineman

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 11:47:55 am »

You mean "had more practice"  Footski   {-)

marineruk

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 11:53:10 am »

Looks like the end of the Max & Bernie show. The FOTA Teams want to get back to being the pinnacle of motorsport and to re-engage with all the fans.

At least we may get back to some of the great circuits and keep Silverstone on the calendar, there have been too many new grand prix in countries were the grandstands are empty and there is no passion for the sport. Bernie has just been selling races to whoever will line his pockets the most.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:28:25 pm »

As a life long fan of F1, I used to go to Silverstone with my Dad as a kid, I have just about given up watching it now.

It's all politics and behind the scenes manoeuvring and very little competitive racing.

Last Sunday on ITV4 I watched 6 hours of British Touring Cars and support races at Knock Hill, absolutely excellent, thrills spills and real racing.

Who needs F1, not me.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Capt Jack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 02:32:54 pm »

Think your find that last weekend was at Croft Dicky

mook

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 02:44:10 pm »

good riddence to F1, most boring show on earth, let us watch the bike GP for proper racing, you know they even overtake unlike F!  O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 03:05:27 pm »

Think your find that last weekend was at Croft Dicky
You're right Capt Jack its funny how your memory starts to play up at a certain errr  age, thats it. Excellent racing though. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 03:11:20 pm »

It is interesting that Ron is so quiet.

Must have been told to keep 'mum'.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 03:48:14 pm »

FIA to take "immeadiate legal action against F1 teams (FOTA)".   So the lawyers will be the winners again. >>:-(
..well can you land on this?

Eric65

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 04:30:03 pm »

This could be a disaster for F1, Spankie had better wake up and smell the roses and do some serious compremising with the teams.

I am sure it could all be resolved quickly if more acceptable spending limits were proposed.

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 04:48:06 pm »

Isn't that the whole point - the spending limits?

£40M or £250M. That is the question and why should Ferrari compromise if they and the others are still making a profit (allegedly) with even that level of spend?

Proteus

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 06:39:34 pm »

If you mean Ron Dennis he has left f1 befor the start of the season and is looking after the road car side

Proteus

craftysod

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 06:56:51 pm »

I have spoken to him recently,and he knows only as much as we do,the people who work there,dont get told much at all.
Lets hope they keep there jobs,the way this farce is turning out.
Mark

ronkh

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 09:33:43 pm »

Tigertiger,

If you mean me, then no - I have not been told to "keep mum".
I know as much as the next person which is sweet Fanny Adams.
What I do know is that there is too much politics, too much ego clashing , too much money grabbing (as in Bernie Ecclestone. {Must not forget some rather greedy drivers - no names mentioned!!}) and too much of Max Moseley trying to do what his old man couldn't do.......dictating to the world (or in this case, F1 and all the idiots trying to earn a living from it), that you will do what I want you to do and screw you and the people who count (the fans and the workers), and that if you disagree - balls to you. My word is law. (And he seems to of achieved this, don't you think so?)
Well, excuse me Max and Bernie. I am only trying to keep the roof over my and my family's heads. I am only trying to pay the bills, I am only trying to carry on with life as I like and not how you seem to dictate how it should be run. I do not need the worry over my head as to whether I have a job next year.
Cant' these idiots (Not Tigertiger and the rest of you people!!!!)  realise that the majority who work in F1, do not give a t o s s about the racing. We only go to these places (factories) to get what I said above. A wage to live on etc.
I used to really enjoy F1. I actually said in the early day's when I joined this forum that I loved F1. Now I can hardly stand watching the so called blo#dy sport, let alone working there but my hands are tied aren't they?
This year I should imagine that I have watched, at the very most, about 30 minutes of the "sport".
I wonder how much I will be able to watch next year? If I can be bothered.
That is if these fools do not put a heck of a lot of us out on the dole.
Yes, Moto GB is fantastic but even they, I believe, will follow F1 as could very easily Rallying and all other motorsports in going down our road. That is, a dead end because politics and egos and money is too great. I honestly wish I earned the amount of money that some people seem to think (believe??) that we get in working for F1. If I did get it, I would of retired years ago

Sod it. Thats my rant done with.
I can only say this here otherwise I am out of a job.

A very peed of F1 employee fed up with the whiplash fanatic and the poison dwarf!!!

Ron.

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »

I am only trying to keep the roof over my and my family's heads. I am only trying to pay the bills, I am only trying to carry on with life as I like and not how you seem to dictate how it should be run. I do not need the worry over my head as to whether I have a job next year.

That is something that is to be considered in all of this...

The millions of $$$'s that is spent in F1 (and other motorsport) by these teams goes in to the pockets of the employees. If the FIA get there way, then the employees of the teams are the ones who will be made to suffer...

Well said Ron!  :-)) :-)) :-))

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 04:30:19 am »

Thanks for the answer Ron
And again, well said.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 23 queries.