Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1:8 scale Miss Circus Circus Build  (Read 18573 times)

Ramon

Re: 1:8 scale Miss Circus Circus Build
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 10:59:02 pm »

Hi Adam, it's looking good and coming together very quickly but to quote Mart I hope you waterproofed the insides and no, don't go down the 'leccy route - keep it 'noisy'
I notice its the Bill Le Febre plan - you say you had problems with the shapes as drawn? How bad were they?

Finally got mine ready to put the skins on today, taken a slightly different approach as you will see - hope to start the new thread this week

Mart thanks for your PM look forward to hearing from you. Wonder how three of these hydro's would go down on the Broads?

Regards for now - Ramon

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 08:16:14 am »

Haha the Broads has a speed limit of 10 mph last time i was there  {-),im posting your dvd today didnt manage to get to the post office the other day sory mate.Your gonna love it though,lasts about an hr just sit back and enjoy  :-)).
Mart
ps i forgot about Oulton Broad  :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 12:36:15 pm »

Adam which miss circus is she i need to know so i can find out what cowl will fit,i will let you know when i find out but both sources are in the states just so you know.Any pics of the real one to go on would also help.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:35 am »

Adam i showed this thread to a very good friend Dave Weagle hes given me some info for you,first looking at your plans he thinks its the 1979 boat ?Heres a few links for you to look at with some great photos and prints for the paint scheme.You can buy paint scheme layouts from newton marine also if you need them?.Enjoy the links especially the last one,glad to help.Dave really is a top fella he came up with all this info,if you wanna chat to him ill pass on his email to you via pm hes a loveley guy.
Mart
scroll down
http://www.hydroartprints.com/west_coast.htm
Nice poster
http://www.newtonmarine.com/plan_details.php?prodId=471&category=8
 lots of pics enjoy
http://newtonmarine.smugmug.com/gallery/7449853_iTQ9C#480499610_h4BwX
saved the best for last heres where to buy the cowls and wing sets if you wish.
http://www.rcboatcompany.com/

Ramon

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 12:24:20 pm »

Hi Mart, PM sent but thanks for the DVD - it's very inspiring.

Had a lot of work to do in the garden his week so have not got very far but it is ready for the top skins. SWIMBOs now on holiday too so that will curtail acivity for a few days but I hope to sneak into the workshop and onto here when the opportunity arises and I hope to get that new thread going today.

Thanks again Mart - Ramon

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 01:49:08 pm »

Glad you got it ok and ill look forward to your new thread  :-)).I just pulled a new hydro hull bottom from the mould this morning just need to make the top half heres a pic of her,just need to trim the top edge with the belt sander while its sat in the mould,top just fits over this with a lip.This hull runs awesome very straight ture and fast im making to top in red gelcoat and i have some killer decals i had specially made for it.
Mart

Ramon

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:34 pm »

Nice work Mart, it has reminded me - I had a go at doing this myself just before I packed up. Boat was call 'Balu' an Italian mono design terribly dated superstructure but an awesome performer. Evidently you can still get the plan. I never got further than getting it out of the mould which was a hell of a job as I remember - gave it to a friend Dennis whose long since departed who put a Frog 3.49 diesel  in it!!. Despite being designed for a 60 it evidently still went like you know off a shovel. It was yellow too - ha ha last seen in 1973!!

Adam, sorry, we are way off topic, how is it going? Where are you up to now - let's hear (and see) how you are getting on.

Regards - Ramon

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:30 am »

Seems like this builds gone a bit quiet of late ,any updates Adam ?.
Mart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.