Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rotating  (Read 2835 times)

first tug

rotating
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:09:28 pm »

Need help with rotating radar on my Tug What motor does one use.

catengineman

Re: rotating
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:19:19 pm »

There are several ways to get the radar or even radars revolving.
I myself modify mini servos to run constantly (1.5volts) then if I need two radars I fix drive wheels to shafts and have an elastic band between them.
There are very small motors on sale (I think if you contact 1 Mr FLJ) he may steer you in the right direction for those
Then there has been use of a "toy" disco light thing stripped down for the drive system.

So as you can see the possibilities are almost endless, the big question is where on your vessel do you want the radar because that will influence the type of drive

R.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:20:33 pm »

There have been a number of recent posts on this subject. Try typing radar scanner into the search box on the Forum home page.

Colin

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:21:26 pm »

...Hi Guys...

There are small geared motors for sale at present on E-Bay...The seller is in Canada...I have bought these & they are very good

Type in Geared Motor & then go to international sellers...You will find them there...

Or for the easy way out....The Drive Part of A Pot Noodle Fork...Although its a bit Big & Noisy...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:10:23 pm »

the easiest way is to rip the guts out of an old servo so its just motor and gearset.  hack the stop dog off the large white output cog
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

col426

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 02:22:02 am »

These blokes have 6mm geared motors with rotational speeds suited to radar speeds: http://www.gizmoszone.com/shopping/storepro5/agora.cgi?product=Gearmotor&user4=612series;ppinc=1b.  They list 40 & 200 RPM motors

Phillip

SlimRick

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 10:57:34 am »

I've used a motor from a cd drive tray coupled to a £2.99 gears project kit from Maplin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.