Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refurbished crane barge  (Read 2896 times)

catengineman

Refurbished crane barge
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:44 am »

Hi have had Capt Jack's crane barge with me for a few weeks and done one or two alterations to it.

(nothing wrong with the original just putting our stamp on it (Capt Jack & Catengineman)

There is a video on photobucket http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/adonis_spanner/?newest=1

The spud legs have been moved to the center of the pontoon and are now powered, I changed some of the controls in the transmitter this has made the derrick and slew faster and allowed me to use the old track controls for those operations. I used the now redundant buttons to control the winch for the spud legs. first modification was with wooden spuds but this burnt out one servo and also as they went into the water it made the pontoon instable so now they are hollow copper tubes, both lifted by one (the only one I had left at the time) modified servo.

I hope to return the barge to Capt Jack when I go back to work he will then be able to finish the painting and fit his own accommodation block.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Refurbished crane barge
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 05:37:08 am »

Looking good!
How does the servo lift/lower the legs?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:52:04 am »

Good work Catengineman  :-))

Russ

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:16 am »

Here's a couple of shots to give you some idea of deck clutter that you could add.  I've got one or two more of the same barge if you want them, let me know.  An interesting feature of this one is that the legs are actually offset longitudinally as well as in a transverse direction.  Also the crane is actually a tracked vehicle so is free to move.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:19:28 am »

Looking good!
How does the servo lift/lower the legs?

Tried earlier but got an error message as I tried to post a word doc. so this is another try with a pdf.

catengineman

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

Some more pictures and with a bit of luck a link to a short video

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/adonis_spanner/Crane%20Barge%20additions/?action=view&current=100_3298.flv

sorry about the blurred one I must learn how to use my camera one day
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.