Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Admiral  (Read 4416 times)

bulerthebishop

Billings Admiral
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:01:06 am »

Just bought this model, I believe the kit was discontinued in the early '70s.  Some refurbishment has recently been done, and structurally the hull and deckhousing are both sound (and watertight).  A few bits missing, fairleads, lifeboat, anchor and wheelhouse glazing, but not too difficult to source.  I have never heard of this model before seeing it on E-bay, has any one else got one or know any of the history relating to the kit?  I believe it was made from c. 1959 to c. 1971.  Any info would be useful as I like to know the background about my models.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Billings Admiral
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:22:45 pm »

This is my mate Bradders favourite boat as he built one as a kid!
What do you need to know?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bulerthebishop

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 01:50:33 pm »

This is my mate Bradders favourite boat as he built one as a kid!
What do you need to know?

I would like to know when the kit was discontinued, was it the early 70's?  Also what is the model's  scale? I think it is 1/20.  Did the kit include any fittings inside the wheel house, wheel, instruments, seats, etc?  The price of the kit would also be interesting. The pics you posted are excellent, were they taken recently?   

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »

1. I'll ask Bradders.

2. Pictures from fleaBay

3. Last picture from Wings & Wheels.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Pale Horse

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:26:06 am »

My brother built one of these in the early eighties, so it was still for sale at that time.  I believe it is a model from DMI not Billings (DMI is also a danish company, maybe they was some kind of cooperation, i don't know).
Our Admiral is standing on a shelf at my parents house, so i can take some pictures if you need to see details from a sistership.

You can find some more info and pictures a little down on this webpage.
http://users.cybercity.dk/~ccc16084/scaleboat.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.