Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singer Michael Jackson dies aged 50  (Read 8731 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Singer Michael Jackson dies aged 50
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »

I think refunds will be the last thing on the minds of the true fans right now,they will more than likeley have had other things on theire minds  %).
Mart

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:47 pm »

Post removed, this will only lead to other "Jokes" some of which are in very poor taste.

Bob
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

garston1

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »

Ooooh I smell trouble!

Wasyl

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »

the money makers are on the go here already.  'thriller' album on vinyl  just sold for $215 on trademe and 'bad' for sale with a starting price of $140.
mm,does that mean that the little MJ doll i have with the jet pack on his back, will be worth something,
it was a souvenir from when he played in Glasgow in 92,mind you, i,m still not convinced that it was him with the jet pack floating above the stage,but whoever it was it was the biz

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2009, 11:15:39 pm »

Can't really agree with 'The day the Music died'! More than likely a year of Princess Diana-like showing of remorse and mourning, probably a 'Royal Funeral', a statue, fun parks etc. He was 'ok'  but what he did over the last twenty years wasn't worth talking about (apart from the paedo stories). A man totally in a world quite literally of his own. Sorry I won't miss him in the slightest. At least now he can do his bit for the Earth and be recycled. There I've said it. I'll now await gangs of screaming fans knocking on my door. I'll be in the loft if anyone wants me.
A Bunker might be better {-)

Wullie

bogstandard

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 12:31:01 am »

I have been reading about all this on other forums as well as here, and unfortunately some of them have degenerated into pure disrespect for someone who gave more than he took. People only ever remember the bad, never the good.

No matter what you thought of the guy, and what he got up to, for the amount of enjoyment he gave to people around the world, he deserves the respect of everyone. Not to be turned into a circus side show, which is what is happening in the media at present, dragging up every bit of dirt they can find, just to boost viewing and listening figures. Is it really fantastic, world shattering news, that the removal men have been seen carrying blankets into his former residence. I heard that mentioned dozens of times over many hours when watching the news. Go into any hospital in the world, day or night and you will see blankets being moved about by the thousand. Never any mention of that.
Very little of the real true story ever comes out in situations like this, just little snippets of trivial or pure made up or conjectured garbage, which many people absorb and think it is a thing that should be set in stone and remembered forever. How I pity all the weak minded people who think that way.

I am sure that if someone went around chopping up a few people in public, using just a knife and fork, the Michael Jackson destruction story would be dropped like a ton of bricks, and be totally lost in the new media frenzy. CANNIBAL ON THE RAMPAGE.

So basically, to myself, although I was never a fan, he was a person who brought a little light into many peoples lives, and it can not be proved that he ever hurt anyone. So just let him be remembered as he was, one of the best entertainers the modern generations have had the pleasure to see and hear, wacko or not.

Bogs

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 05:15:07 am »

Well said, Bogstandard  :-))

Peter.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 08:32:20 am »

I have been reading about all this on other forums as well as here, and unfortunately some of them have degenerated into pure disrespect for someone who gave more than he took. People only ever remember the bad, never the good.

Very well said i couldn't agree more  :-)),i was never what you would call a massive fan or at least i didn't think so but after listening to all his old hits over and over this past few days i have to say i realise now i have allways been a fan of the music probably more than i ever knew .[Potentially libellous comment removed]his death probably not helped with the massive pressure he was under with his upcoming dates at the o2 arena.The guy was one of life's givers who gave up his time to help many Charity's and to meet his fans,not many big stars do that so i for one say god bless him for that and for his legacy,he like Elvis will never be forgotten.
Mart

Can we please stay with known facts and not repeat or add to some of the scurrilous media comment? Please see the warning issued above. Moderators are watching this topic closely. Any further dubious material will result in the topic being locked. Thanks to the other Member who used the "Report to Moderator" button to draw my attention to this message. Roger in France, Moderator.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

Well thank you all for you thoughts and comments but we think we'll end the conversation there.

Michael Jackson R.I.P.

.... all your troubles are over.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 12:17:16 am »

By "End the conversation" I think Martin meant "End the conversation".

Topic now locked
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.