Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Singer Michael Jackson dies aged 50  (Read 8662 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Singer Michael Jackson dies aged 50
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:13 am »

Topic renamed.   :police:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:46 am »

Best Jacko song - Thriller.

Best Jacko video - Smooth Criminal.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bigfella

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:57 am »

He was much better in the Jackson 5 with songs like ABC and I want You Back etc.. Although he was very talented he was strange or should that be eccentric. I have my own opinions on his behaviour at his ranch, as we all do, however trawling them out is not appropriate. What ever we thought of him he did have talent and entertained millions and  should be remembered for that. Not a fan but hay I like to think the best of people especially after they have gone.

Regards David

catengineman

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 08:57:32 am »

The day the music has died  <:(

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 09:27:27 am »

sad news when anyone passes on, - personally i am not a fan of MJ, - rumours say its a pain killer overdose...

that bloke was sure troubled in his life-one mixed up individual,   maybe now he can rest easy..........
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

garston1

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 09:29:15 am »

Can't really agree with 'The day the Music died'! More than likely a year of Princess Diana-like showing of remorse and mourning, probably a 'Royal Funeral', a statue, fun parks etc. He was 'ok'  but what he did over the last twenty years wasn't worth talking about (apart from the paedo stories). A man totally in a world quite literally of his own. Sorry I won't miss him in the slightest. At least now he can do his bit for the Earth and be recycled. There I've said it. I'll now await gangs of screaming fans knocking on my door. I'll be in the loft if anyone wants me.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 09:56:58 am »

the money makers are on the go here already.  'thriller' album on vinyl  just sold for $215 on trademe and 'bad' for sale with a starting price of $140.

ronkh

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 10:56:57 am »

Can't really agree with 'The day the Music died'! More than likely a year of Princess Diana-like showing of remorse and mourning, probably a 'Royal Funeral', a statue, fun parks etc. He was 'ok'  but what he did over the last twenty years wasn't worth talking about (apart from the paedo stories). A man totally in a world quite literally of his own. Sorry I won't miss him in the slightest. At least now he can do his bit for the Earth and be recycled. There I've said it. I'll now await gangs of screaming fans knocking on my door. I'll be in the loft if anyone wants me.
:-))

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:55 am »

All very sad when anybody dies,

Jacko's death from what partially was a self inflicted life style absolutely swamped the news across the world - and Farrah Fawcett Majors death from cancer pales into insignificance. 

The blokes from 'Men in Black' would say he's actually just gone home.....

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 12:08:25 pm »

Putting personal taste in music aside - MJ was an icon in the world of modern music and hugely talented. His fans, waiting for his return to the stage must be devastated. His music and performances  8) will be remembered for a very long time.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 12:23:56 pm »

Very sad news,love him or not he was a music icon and his stuff in the 80s was groundbreaking.I liked the older stuff when he was with the Jackson five better personally but each to his or her own.It isnt right to make fun when someone who was loved by millions has died.On another note i was only saying yesterday to the missus he would never turn up for those 02 dates,no one can just turn up for a concert or should i say a string of them with zero rehearsals,it was never going to happen.Rest in piece Michael,you never found it while on earth maybe you will find it at now your at rest.
Mart
CLASSIC JACKSON B4 HIS DEMISE INTO WIERDNESS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPTDU40hO4

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 12:30:59 pm »

Was there ever a better dancer than this guy?.I think not  :-))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAJqgeeJf4

OMK

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 01:04:41 pm »

Removed at the request of PMK.

Bob

Roger in France

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »

Any Member of Mayhem can state their opinions, but with decorum, please.

However, you are reminded that Jackson was acquitted of the criminal charges he faced. It may be that his Executors would persue any untruths. It may not be legally possible to slander or liable someone who is dead but it is certainly inappropriate. Mayhem does not want to be joined in any enquiries by the Executors of Jackson's estate.

Roger in France
Moderator.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but get you facts straight man he was aquited and the people behind these allegations were all proved to be liars and only out for money.

Mart
modified as post refering to has been removed by request of Author

Bob

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 10:25:14 am »

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 01:36:59 pm »

Dear Malcolm,

It's not surprising really though when you think about it...

The media in general has 'whipping-up-the-gullible-public' down to a high tech. psychological money making fine art, and the public always swallow it hook, line, & sinker. The 'normal' media is just as guilty... they fell on the MJ matter like a pack of wolves as usual... and have set to with a vengance to prey on the 'Evita' like hysterical nature that seems so popular in sections of society these days.

This is only the start of course. When the PR, CD, DVD, memorabilia, & nick nack mfrs. people get geared up (& there will be lot's and lot's of strategy meetings going on over this weekend to plan the next few months), the money will predicatably come pouring in with a guaranteed recession proof venture if ever there was one. Then comes the funeral which will be very professionally PR hyped to get the max. PR/media affect, so, all in all, there will be a great many millions made out of the matter - and, alongside, there will most likely be much more of what you demonstrated.

The price of so called 'fame' these days that's all... all part of the course.

Regards, Bernard

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 01:47:25 pm »

personally I would not want to be the people who have to work out all the refunds, those guys is going to have a BIG headache
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 02:45:59 pm »

Not really.
They are saying it was an "Act of God" so no refunds!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2009, 03:42:34 pm »

Not really.
They are saying it was an "Act of God" so no refunds!!!

Bob

Not true

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8120412.stm

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 03:51:17 pm »

Only from O2 or Accredited companies.
Huge amounts of tickets sold via 3 rd party agencies.
It may not be true, but my cousin has been given that answer!!
So is true for her!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

The long Build

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:16 pm »

"At this time our thoughts are with Michael's children, family and friends. We will announce ticketing details in due course."

is this another way of saying we need more time to think of a way of not paying back your money ?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 04:16:37 pm »

It's reported that part of the terms and conditions of the tickets were that they should not be sold on and that anyone not buying from an accredited agency will have to take pot luck as far as a refund is concerned. Those who bought from Ebay would have to approach the seller - not much chance there if the ticket was sold at a profit!

garston1

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2009, 04:44:00 pm »

I'd keep em anyway. Michael jacksons last concert? Be worth a fortune in years to come. Just wait, you'll see em on fleabay soon.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 06:53:24 pm »

Dear Colin,

Re eBay, I heard on the early BBC news this am. that presuming a Buyer bought via PayPal that they (PayPal), will refund... so assume this means that PayPal would then claim from the Sellers. Bob is right re O2 & Accredited Co.'s, but the news said that anyone who has bought from any other source is effectively 'done for'.

Garston, good idea in some ways, but the trouble is probably a great many others will be thinking the same thing, so you would have to wait some time (maybe), for the price to be worthwhile... and I would imagine that O2 is seriously hoping this will be the case!!! - as Longbuild says, they are probably thinking about things... the longer people have to think the keener they may be to hold onto the tickets!

"Oh what a Circus!"

Regards, Bernard
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.