Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: OBama losing ground in U.S.  (Read 5829 times)

Anchorboy46

OBama losing ground in U.S.
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:25:03 am »

We so desperately wanted a black president in the U.S. so we could end 234 years of old ,fat white presidents, but this guy is gonna bankrupt our country.
 I personally don't care if  our leaders are black,white or green or pink as long as they represent the people and don't rip us off.
 But this guy has some policies that make me and my conservative buddies scratch their heads.
 I'm a Vietnam Vet and get my medical at the V.A. but many Americans do not and I realize this. But hey, can we afford all this? Gee!
 So, now that I've ranted about my new leader, what do you guys think of Gordon Brown?
 Over here in U.S we see him as a guy that is kind of doing the same thing as Obama, spending on programs like it's going out of style... What say you guys? Anchorboy

barryfoote

Re: OBama losing ground in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:45:02 am »

A Dangerous question. What do we think of Gordon Brown. Well to begin with he has NEVER been elected to the job and thus has no mandate from the people. He lies so much, he forgets when he is telling them, after Labour promised a referendum on Europe during the last election, Brown decided not to allow it as he thought the people may not agree with him. He is now clinging to power, refusing an election, despite, overseeing the worst economic situation for over 30 years and heading the most corrupt Government in history.

I did well there and kept it all fairly polite!! >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*<

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:32:29 am »

very well put Footski, i dont think i could have been quite so diplomatic.
in my own little world

Proteus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:36:50 am »

Well  Footski, if I had put what I think of MR brown I would be banned from this forum and the internet and he would probably be sending around his secret police or just have me smeared like that party does with anyone who speak out against him or his party.....

Proteus

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:02:01 pm »

Hi Anchorboy46 - Brown/Obama have megga spent  to avoid megga financial   :o Nemesis  :o - Is this post really about healthcare?
Hi Footski - Wrong democratic system Mate, that's USA/France etc. In GB, political parties choose/mandate leaders - voters choose parties. The ruliing/opposition parties always/have been changing their leaders 'midstream' since the year dot. The Queen is our Head of State.

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 05:03:53 pm »

Hi Anchorboy46 - Brown/Obama have megga spent  to avoid megga financial   :o Nemesis  :o - Is this post really about healthcare?
Hi Footski - Wrong democratic system Mate, that's USA/France etc. In GB, political parties choose/mandate leaders - voters choose parties. The ruliing/opposition parties always/have been changing their leaders 'midstream' since the year dot. The Queen is our Head of State.

Der my brain hurts!!!!!!!That is not the point.....After all that has gone on do we not feel that a proper mandate to govern would be in the country's best interest.... >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:11 pm »

In Spain?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »

Der my brain hurts!!!!!!!That is not the point.....After all that has gone on do we not feel that a proper mandate to govern would be in the country's best interest.... >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
Which country Barry ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

barryfoote

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »

Post self moderated as it could cause trouble... >>:-( >>:-(

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:29:57 pm »

Mr Madoff (financier) has set a new world record? - goaled today for 150yrs???? - $50 billion fraud from investors on both sides of the pond and beyond - the authorities have so far failed to trace even a tiny fractiion of this swindled  money in his organisation.  :((  

andygh

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:31:27 pm »

I personally don't care if  our leaders are black,white or green or pink as long as they represent the people and don't rip us off

100% agree  :-))

Wrong democratic system Mate, that's USA/France etc. In GB, political parties choose/mandate leaders - voters choose parties. The ruliing/opposition parties always/have been changing their leaders 'midstream' since the year dot.

Technically correct but how much influence does the party leader have on voters during a general election?

The Queen is our Head of State.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  <*<

Gordon Brown?

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 09:05:34 pm »

Simplistic, I know, but from where I sit the other difference between G Walker Bush (surely the world's most obvious spelling mistake?) and said B. Obama is that Obama is inclined to take Haliburton's money and spend it on the American people, whereas GWB kinda thought it was neater the other way around. But probably only because he was told to. The world has reason to be grateful for that part of the US Constitution which forbids a third presidential term.

George Brown is a dour Scot and a conviction politician who has no ability in front of a camera. That said, I'd sooner have him than Bliar (GWB's favourite pooch). David Camoron Cameron is a braying, yah-hoo Tory Toff, no matter how much he wants you to think otherwise.

I don't think I'll be voting for a "regular guy" who thinks that removing wisteria from a chimney is wholly for "official business" but who can't quite remember from which of his four houses it was cleared.

I can still remember a half-empty bottle of Scotch (See Threads Passim, as they might say in Private Eye)

Suit yourselves.

FLJ

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:10 pm »

As the old saying goes...

"You pays your money, you takes your choice."

(Except in the UK, where you simply pays your money)

Malc

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:24:40 pm »

GREAT LEADER OF GB
GORDON BROWN IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WORK.
HE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL FACTORIES.
HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY.
HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT.
YEA, THOUGH I WAIT FOR MY DOLE,
I OWN THE BANK THAT REFUSES ME.
BROWN HAS ANNOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,
MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,
SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE
DAYS OF HIS TERM.
FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS
OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD.
I AM GLAD I AM BRITISH,
I AM GLAD I AM FREE.
BUT I WISH I WERE A DOG
AND BROWN WAS A TREE

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:59 pm »

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!  O0 O0 O0 O0
Davie Tait,
Scotland

djrobbo

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:53:45 pm »

I have a soft spot for mr broon and all the other lieing pillocks they call politicians.

Its a bog somewhere in ireland :-))

regards....bob.

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 10:27:14 pm »

Gordon Brown is a bit like Emperor Nero in reverse, he burns will others fiddle!
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Captain Jack

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 01:44:45 am »

We here in the States are still debating wether Obama can even legally be the president. He still hasn't come up with his birth certificate to prove he's a naturally born citizen.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:09 am »

Personally I come onto Mayhem to get away from these political rants which lead nowhere. Too much in the papers and on TV as it is, and nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before.

Colin

ZZ56

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 09:23:05 am »

We here in the States are still debating wether Obama can even legally be the president. He still hasn't come up with his birth certificate to prove he's a naturally born citizen.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

The same thing was said of John McCain, also false.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 09:43:17 am »

Too much in the papers and on TV as it is,

Admiral Bish
Can you tell me which newspaper/TV channel you've found which isn't wall-to-wall Michael Jackson? And PLEASE not tennis!!
FLJ

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 09:53:49 am »

Shouldn't that be "off the wall" FLJ?

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:16 am »

Shouldn't that be "off the wall" FLJ?

Don't get hip, dude - you're even older than me  :o

Roger in France

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 02:30:43 pm »

I always used to think the best newspaper was the one that wrapped my fish and chips ! But I guess you have to be old like FLJ, Colin and I to even remember that.

However, my real problem is I can't get fish and chips here at all.

One of the first things I do when visiting the UK is search out some good fish and chips and a real pork pie! (not necessarily at the same time).

Roger in France

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 07:09:37 pm »

However, my real problem is I can't get fish and chips here at all.

Just ask for "Poisson et frites" (it's the only French I know)   :embarrassed:

Malc

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.