Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MMM Nangee  (Read 3054 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
MMM Nangee
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:25:05 am »

I'm thinking of taking the Schottels off my nangee for something more interesting.

What would be the best replacement on Nangee, I thinking one steerable Kort with a MMB900.

Any ideas as to size of prop or would two be better, fixed or steerable ????????????

thanks
Frank

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: MMM Nangee
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:41:41 am »

I have gone for twin 60mm steerable korts the pics are on here somewhere i will try and find them they look great too

steve

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:20:30 am »

Reading past threads ...perhaps one 70mm steerable with 68mm four blade prop ????

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 11:16:52 am »

I've got a 60mm mobile marine models steerable with a 55mm 4 blade prop in mine. It is very manoeuverable (very !) and will almost spin on the spot.
Go for it!!

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »

I've just taken a 68mm prop with 70mm steerable nozzle off mine, because I wanted the motor for my new Tyne Models Northsider, I can't get hold of this particular motor anymore.
I've now put a 50mm MMM kort on now, because it was lying in my box,  the 70mm was a bit over the top, but not really a problem, ideally I think the 60mm with the MMB 900 will be good, I've just ordered the MMB755 for mine, hope to have it fitted Wednesday so will post how it goes.

This is the link to my Nangee build, a recent posting, but the boat was built 4 years ago, still got it despite a number of people making 'offers'. Its a very good boat for tug towing, I would only sell it if I decided to do the Portgarth or Afon Wen, itds not too big, and you can get enough power in it no problem.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22158.0

Andy
Navigational Aids vessel Master. Old Conway 70-72
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.