Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evenos /Mont Caume  (Read 24919 times)

Mal X

Re: Evenos /Mont Caume
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:13 pm »

yea that looks fantastic, i love the rivets on the underside O0

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2009, 06:20:29 pm »

Anything you don't do professionally...???? {-)

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 06:43:02 pm »

Very clever idea. Well done. A little man sitting, eating his sandwiches would set it off.  ok2

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 01:51:29 pm »

Thanks guys I am trying to do my best. I am still learning, you know ;). Good idea that little man. I've been searching figures in 1:24. I wish that I could got few to do few things around boat for me {-).

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2009, 04:53:20 pm »

I managed to make some progress. I decided to weather a bit my slipway, I know I could just wait to get dirty :}, but instead I coloured it with black.
I was also interested how details would look like with all those rivets, it is not as bad as I was afraid. With hull nearly done it is time to finish few deck details and then to do superstructure. I also tried few colours on hull and deck , but I haven't decided yet which one to use.
slipway:

details:

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »

I started to rebuild superstructure (yes, yes I know it wasn't even finished yet), because it was flawed. I learned few month ago that there is modeller in France that is doing fantastic job with his Evenos. He is building her as she was later in her carrier, as I am sticking to the plans as much as I can. There are some rather interesting differences between the two which will become more apparent when both will be built. And another thing- his boat will be propelled with D-10, while mine, well I don't know just yet.
Anyway link for Evenos:
http://modelisme-naval-radiocommande.aceboard.fr/5522-1905-40320-0-Photos-maquette-Evenos.htm

And few details of mine- I finally figured out riveting with PVA it is much better when mixing glue with microbaloons. Bad thing is only that it dryes faster

new superstructure

cadman17_36

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2009, 02:43:33 am »

It's Looking great there keep up the good work as for your English it is just fine

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:55 am »

Thanks you are very kind, as for the my English, it has always been -well: so-so and I am very sad because it is not improving as I would like. But to tell you the truth I am sometimes wondering how much your eyes must hurt when you try to read what I wrote. {:-{  I am just glad that is Spell Check option on this forum. {-)

Mat_B

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2009, 11:45:26 pm »

hi

just read through your thread :}
your building is great but have to say that the stand makes it for me
so basic but jus adds to the model
i might try that style on my next build

i will enjoy watching the rest of your build

mat ;)

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 11:59:25 am »

I have been little busy lately with this superstructure,
I thought at first I could make decent model with rebuilding few things that bothered me,
 but then I decided it will be faster to build new one.
A week ago I started  and here it is. Still lots to do but at least it looks bit better.
 I also opened radio room in case I found some photos of gear that was on boats of these era.
Well enough of the small talk.

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2010, 04:52:42 pm »

Well the other day I said to myself it might be good idea to start building few ladders and steps that I need,
and got  bit carried away %%. Huh well, anyway I am posting  this because guys I need some help.
These tugs had these two bowlike "things" on deck that prevents rubbing ropes to the, well, 
 other things on the deck. What bothers me is this, how this "things" are called (so I could Google it up)
and how are they made - are made from tubes or T profile (so I could make them)
and if somebody can appoint me to some photo which shows how those "things" were fixed to the superstructure and deck.
Problem is that I have very little knowledge about tugboats and technology which is bit older than, well me( riveting).
Thanks in advance.

marinaru_ro

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 10:15:14 pm »

Great build so far! I call them "guards" or "towing arches" and if i'm not wrong they where made from round profiles(tubes) but i have also seen old tugs with T guards and wood applied on top of them to protect the rope against fricton.
George

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 02:40:32 pm »

Thanks for  help. I really like your idea with T profile with wood applied. Now I must just find some photos with guard fixed to deck and I am in business :-)) :-))

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:40 am »

Some improvements of my pride and joy :}. I finally managed to make steps the way I wanted. It took only three or four tries and a lot of nerves but it was worth. ladders were easy comparing steps( It only took two tries because I wanted them improve a bit but at the end I didn't even liked them so I tossed them away %) ) And another things I made are towing arches. I tried round ones as well but they just don't look right.After arches  will be coloured I intend to cover them with wood.

marinaru_ro

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:52 am »

Great work! And indeed on old ships the arches where covered in wood to protect the cable.

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2010, 03:57:46 pm »

Thanks. As I often said there are lots of great builds on forum that inspires me :-) O0 O0
My next headache: towing hook I know there are few treads on forum how they work, but still,... Without photos I am bit lost so there is lots of Googling going on right now-( If your lines don't work no worries- it is just me :} :})

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »

I always say that I don't want post every tiny bit I make but in this case I simply couldn't resist. I am truly sorry :} :} :}
Here it is. I thought that I would make functional release but in this case I don't want to make too functional :} :}

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 09:40:46 am »

Hi.
My   hook   is made of brass, pins are made of steel, tube that holds hook is made of Aluminum rod, bar below hook is of stainless steel.

And few details I made. I don't like telegraph I will probably try do better. On web I found lots of photos of real ones and this just isn't it  :((
http://www.french-antique-dealers.com/antiques-in-france/nautical-antiques_1.html

Lots of stuff here -but what to use in french navy tugboat from 1930??
(.  Binnacle I made is little better altough  it does look bit funny. I made hood of plastic. Few things still missing ( there is so many details to do that I sometimes don't know what to do first :D) :

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 01:28:34 pm »

Today's work- but nothing is glued yet

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »

Few things I managed to do last week. I made new funnel , few fittings are still missing -two tubes ,whistle and ladder altough I made one I don't like it much  because it is not strong enough and I am thinking of building new one. Railing is soldered but there are few curves that gave me  >>:-( >>:-( so,... So I will have to rebuild that part aswell.
Few photos:

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2010, 06:42:23 pm »

Although I am bit preoccupied these days with other things I managed to make winch. Hardest part believe or not is to find right sprockets. There aren't much alarm clock around these days. {-)

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 02:17:59 pm »

Few things I am trying to  make this days - rescue boat and few things that goes with it. Not finished yet though.

When I was making boat I forgot few rules, It was too cold to laminate, resin was also few years old so it was not the best it could be done. And last but not least when I was sanding the boat I forgot how small it was and I was very quickly making hole trough the sides(I managed to fix that yesterday but still %) %) )

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2010, 02:24:11 pm »

Few  details ( please ignore the mess on the deck):

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »

Some progress of todays afternoon:

sjoormen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »

Comparing with old photo totally different as for lines much better I might say but it is still uneven and with some curves I could simply live without. And it shows lines where I wanted them to be and where are with plans applied. Simply said difference between theory and practise is much greater in practise than in theory

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.