Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRUSHLESS ESC  (Read 3166 times)

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
BRUSHLESS ESC
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »

I am looking to replace a brushless esc , looking at the m-tronics range and have a question can anyone help

the esc i had took nimh and nicad + li-poly the mtronics only quote nimh and li-poly, I mailed them but as yet not had a reply
I'm under the impression that all brushless esc took li-poly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Genesis Hydra30 is a Forwards and Reverse Brushless Speed Control designed specifically for use in scale RC boats. It is aimed at entry level for people new to Brushless Speed Control.
The Genesis Hydra30 has a 30Amp Brushless motor limit, this is a rough equivalent to a standard, stock 540 can Brushed motor. The Genesis Hydra30 is best suited to small scale RC boats to be used at scale speeds.

Although the Genesis Hydra30 is an entry level model in the Genesis marine range it performs to a very high standard and is more than a match for any Brushed motor and speed control equivalent.

The Genesis Hydra30 Brushless speed control has been designed to fit straight into any RC model boat as a direct replacement for your Brushed speed controller. The set up is a no nonsense, one-step procedure making it very easy to get up and running within minutes! The Genesis Brushless Speed Controls designed for use in RC boats are all 100% waterproof giving you that extra peace of mind should the worst happen and you have to retreive your model from the graveyard under the pond!!

The Genesis Hydra30 benefits from 5 years worth of research and design work carried out by the Mtroniks design team with help from a few well known RC scale sailors. What this has resulted in is a Sensorless Brushless Speed Control that works and feels just the same as a Brushed Speed Control, giving you absolute control over the throttle with very smooth acceleration and the added bonus of longer run times when compared to Brushed Speed Control equivalents!

Genesis Hydra30 features:

Easy one-step set up
Smooth controlable acceleration
A 'return to base' software upgrade facility
5 to 10 cells NiCAD or NiMH
Automatic sensing of number of cells when using NiCAD or NiMH batteries
Current limit cut-off
3A Hyper BEC
3 Internal Schottky diodes
Auto cut-off computer
Dimensions:-52mmx35mmx12mm
Weight:-42g
100% Waterproof
The Genesis Hydra30 speed control is capable of an average discharge rate of 25A and a peak discharge rate of 30A making it a very capable & attractive option at such a low price! Ideal for your first steps into the world of Brushless marine modelling!
The 'return to base' software upgrade enables the user to return their ESC to us to have the onboard software upgraded to the latest spec ensuring your ESC is never superceded!!(Software upgrade notices will be posted in the news section on www.mtroniks.net when made available)

Product reviewsNo reviews for this product yet. Be the first to write a review.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BRUSHLESS ESC
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »

NiCads are getting steadily more difficult to find, but as any behaviour of NiCads is duplicated in NiMH cells, apart from the better capacity, reduced self-discharge (in newer types) and lack of so-called memory effect, for new construction, there is little point in mentioning NiCads in ads for new controllers.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:51 am »

A brushless ESC will handle current from any battery source - gel cells/SLA, NiCad, NimH, and Li-poly. The only thing to watch out for is the cut-off volyage - some ESCs, being designed to work with 3,7V Li-Poly cells, cut off when the voltage per cell (for the number of Li-Poly cells they are designed/programmed/switched to work for) falls below 3V. However my airboat ESC is designed for 2 Cells, and hasn't ever cut out on me and I'm using an old 7.2V NiCad pack.

(Since this is about the electric fluid, on which I'm no expert, treat the above with some caution)

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:58 am »

THANKS  for the replies,  I have just noticed I made a mistake in my description of what the Mtronics advert said what batts it would take

the esc i had took nimh and nicad + li-poly the mtronics only quote nimh and li-poly, I mailed them but as yet not had a reply
  Should have read  nimh and nicad   no mention of li-poly at all   which I thought strange.

Mick

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:10:15 am »

THANKS  for the replies,  I have just noticed I made a mistake in my description of what the Mtronics advert said what batts it would take

Should have read  nimh and nicad   no mention of li-poly at all   which I thought strange.

Mick
Even more logical - like tobyker say, if you intend to use LIPOs, you need to ensure that over-discharging ins't going to happen, which needs extra circuitry in the ESC.  If LIPOs are not mentioned, don't use them with that ESC.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:28:03 am »

Thanks guys  will stay away from these ESC.  now at least Im sure what to look out for  Cheers

Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.