Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEYOND BELIEF.  (Read 5123 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BEYOND BELIEF.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 10:25:47 pm »

Listen up chaps, level headed I aint! I am always ready to spring to conclusions and fly off the handle in everyday life, it's something my wife tells me off about continuously>>:-(! I listen to the news coming out of the radio or tv , immediately form opinions and start raging about it! I am just as bad as the next guy really. I was certainly guilty of running out to the garage for my length of rope when the politicians expenses story broke or the nastier stories we have heard of the death of some of these poor kids lately.
When it comes down to it, we are all guilty of this but this is one of the great things about this forum beause we have to sit and hear (read) others points of view and opinions and therefore can take time to form a more balanced view of things.

It is so very easy to jump to conclusions and a lot of the time they are wrong, but I am unwilling to trust the media as I feel it is there simply to make money and in many cases I feel it is controlled from somewhere a bit higher up.

By the way PMK, the mental images you conjoured up of the Police dog snappin at your aris really got me grinning... thanks for that!  :-))

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 07:44:08 am »

What I find interesting is just how quickly the media move on to other more dramatic stories and how quickly they forget about news such as this item.  I personally would like to know more about the aftermath of this story and what action has been taken.

There again the media has get enough on it's plate at the moment trying to defend it's policy of tapping phones!! {-)......and I don't think for a second that the News of the World is the only paper involved in such criminal activities.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 09:49:38 am »

Has Gordon Brown stooped to a new low, personnelly I felt a little uneasy as I watched him shake hands with Colonel Gaddafin on tv, has he forgotten about the Lockerbie disaster, whats he going to do next, hand Gerry Adams with a Nobel peace prize,  give Ian Brady a full pardon!!
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 10:26:00 am »

Has Gordon Brown stooped to a new low

It's the oil!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 11:28:52 am »

Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness now in Government.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 11:38:22 am »

Sadly, Colonel Gaddafi is one of the 'few' success stories in the war on international terrorism. If the we can somehow persuade/lead some of the current extremist leaders/regimes to abandon their prejudice/hatred and follow his example then a lot more lives would be saved. The 'cost' in both, human and material terms is appalling/astronomic.

furball

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 01:55:10 pm »

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »

Looks like the bozo's were right then, the officer in question has  now been suspended and will face prosecution and quite rightly so. There can be no excuse for his/her actions.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 06:49:09 pm »

I heard this on the news today, so there must be a case to answer. Let us hope that justice is seen to be done.

Danny

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 08:29:45 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8160753.stm

The Policeman in this case is being charged by the RSPCA
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 11:02:26 pm »

justice!!!
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.