Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP to find a better carb to fit on my ops .90  (Read 3881 times)

digger

HELP to find a better carb to fit on my ops .90
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »

hi there people looking for a carb to fit or adapt to fit on my ops .90 as the carb it came with has no low end mix screw which makes it very hard to set up
all help would be gratefully appreciated, Would be nice to get the positive side as i have had all the negative sides and that just gets boring
regards
 DARREN

andyn

Re: HELP to find a better carb to fit on my ops .90
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »

It's an under powered engine and the carb is useless... I did say this on the OMRA forum but nevermind, you ignored all the advise I've given you anyway.

If you have bought the engine already, then fit it with a CMB or Russian carb. You will need to modify any carb you get to fit because most are different sizes.

gromarlie

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:53 pm »

Are you sure there isn't a low end needle - they are normally accessed through the pivot end of the throttle arm  <*<

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:17:09 pm »

MODERATION

Can we calm down and leave all the personal insults and bad language on the pond side. Any more and the thread is locked

Brian

digger

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:36:12 pm »

sorry you feel like that Andy as i did not try to insult your intelligence as i had already bought the engine , and also all i was doing was having a bit of friendly banter
as for my driving  you will have to tell me what i am doing wrong?
regards
Darren

andyn

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:40:47 pm »

No harm done.

As I say go for a CMB or Russian carb. You will need to modify it though.

digger

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:03 pm »

Andy where are these Russian engines you are on about cant find a website? if you can point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated

regards
Darren

andyn

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:58:31 pm »

Well your results so far are going well. Whoever set up your boat in the first place did a good job. Dave Marles is a superb bloke, his hulls are first rate, saw the new Tornado 6 running at the weekend, not available to buy yet. Hush Hush, very quick...

http://www.nimrifmodels.co.uk/a90ls.html Be warned Paul Firmin is a bit of an odd chap...

digger

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 09:08:28 pm »

Thanks for that andy
i set the boats up myself  , i raced 1/8 offroad for 7 years so im not to green with the stick and also flew helies
the boat are good fun and will put the time effort and (money) in and hope to continue enjoying it as much as i do now
regards
Darren

andyn

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 11:01:27 pm »

If you're up for it Brian could you please remove everything here but the chat about the engine? Thanks mate :-))

paw249

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 06:16:12 am »

Hi Digger your carb looks very similar to the super tigre carbs all but having only one needle,these had high and low needles and also you loosened the 2 small screws to enable you to rotate the spraybar relative to the venturi to alter the low to high speed transition.If you loosen your to screws are you able to turn the fuel inlet assembly?

chingdevil

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 11:56:12 am »

MODERATION

This thread has been cleaned up to remove the bad language and pesonnal insults, the moderation team is watching this thread.

Brian

digger

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:17 pm »

hi paw i will have a look and get back to you
regards
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 19 queries.