Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamiya Vosper Perkasa  (Read 4545 times)

jumpin_jack

• Full Mayhemer
Tamiya Vosper Perkasa
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:56:13 am »

Hello all,
   Im looking for some advice from all of you nice folks out there,
Ive just managed to get hold of one of these kits with the view of making it into an R/c version.
The questions i have, Are the motor and running gear included with this kit enough to make this kit run well on the water or will i need to upgrade it, My main concerns are that the motor will not have enough "umph" to power the kit  or would upgrading the propeller from a plastic one to brass make it go that little bit faster?.
                                                                      Phil

Daryl

Re: Tamiya Vosper Perkasa
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:38:35 pm »

This might be of no help but I have only seen one of these rc'd. The builder did not use the Tamiya motor as he thought that judging by previous tamiya motorised models he had built they did not exactly fly through the water.

Daryl

jumpin_jack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:46 pm »

Thanks Daryl,
     Ive just been tinkering with the electrics, the motor seems to go quite well, but if i upgrade will i  have a weight issue? this thing is about 15 inches in length but as it is ment to be a planning boat i feel it might bury itself into the water!

xilsoe

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:38:39 am »

I know this is an old thread but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info available regarding making an RC conversion of this kit so here is my contribution.

I have built one of these and converted it to RC. Currently my favourite RC boat. It handles very well and is fast enough  :-)
More info can be found from my homepage: http://heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#category7.

Br.
Jørgen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.