Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clinker built lifeboat conversion  (Read 2720 times)

Brian Roberts

Clinker built lifeboat conversion
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:01:31 pm »

As some of you may know I'm building another Imara, this time as the Perseverance, probably with a lot of "poetic licence" as details of the Perseverance are sparse to say the least of it!

However, I believe that the lifeboats on on her are clinker built, but the vac formed ones supplied with the Imara kit are smooth sided.

So........ can anyone suggest a method of converting the smooth version to a clinker built one?

Thanks in anticipation

Brian

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Clinker built lifeboat conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »

Thin strips of tape. Seen it done looks most convincing.

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Brian Roberts

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:15:40 pm »

Thanks Doug, I've had some other ideas given me but that sounds pretty good, I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks again

Brian

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:26:50 pm »

If you get hold of a copy of May 2009 Model Boat magazine you will find an article describing exactly how I built this model ships boat as a replacement for the fibre glass moulding supplied with the ship kit.  I have since also almost completed a similar lifeboat for the starboard side of the ship using the same jig but converting it to a double ended boat.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

farrow

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 03:01:35 pm »

Hi Brian,
I do not know what info you have on her, but there are several photo,s of her on the net in various sites. Her hull colours would be fairly standard Captain oo the Dockyard colours, blue funnel band and the bulwark colour band would be of the port, i.e. Chatham blue and Devonport white I believe. There is a nice working photo ofher on the "riverman site" for tuggies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.