Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alfred tug  (Read 3999 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
alfred tug
« on: July 15, 2009, 12:45:24 pm »

I have puchased a small tug called ALFRED. She is 20" long and in not bad condition. I know there is a 1/32 model of her from Tyne Models, but would like to know which kit she comes from!
She is powered by a 380 size belt driven motor with an unknown ratio. Batteries have not been fitted but will probably be a 6v 10amp job as she needs some weight to get her down to the correct level. She is a bread and butter build. Apart from that I cannot tell you much about her history, so any info on this kit would be appreciated.

pete
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

barryfoote

Re: alfred tug
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 01:35:04 pm »

Hi Klunk,

If she is bread and butter built, I doubt she will be from a kit. Sounds to have been scratch built, but if you could post some pictures of it, we will be able to help out..

Barry

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:19:59 pm »

will do
full time penguin

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 05:20:30 pm »

Sorry Barry, you're wrong! The PBM kit of Alfred was bread and butter principle, I know because it was the first scale boat I ever built! I now have the Tyne Models version, because I was so taken with the boat, the only trouble is being much larger, the Tyne version is a lot heavier, and I ain't getting any younger!!! <:(

Pete, I do not have all the details, but I do still have the original plan by PBM. Let me know if you would like a copy, and I'll get it duplicated for you, and send it on, if you PM me with your home address.

Danny

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:59 pm »

Sorry Barry, you're wrong! The PBM kit of Alfred was bread and butter principle, I know because it was the first scale boat I ever built! I now have the Tyne Models version, because I was so taken with the boat, the only trouble is being much larger, the Tyne version is a lot heavier, and I ain't getting any younger!!! <:(

Pete, I do not have all the details, but I do still have the original plan by PBM. Let me know if you would like a copy, and I'll get it duplicated for you, and send it on, if you PM me with your home address.

Danny

No need to apologise. we all live and learn.....Thanks for that :-))

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 03:38:27 pm »

Danny thanks for the plans, they are the correct ones, so you have identified the kit for me thanks.
Will copy the plans (I work in the print trade) And will return your originals with a set of copies for any future requirements.
Thanks to you and the plans I have identified a couple of parts that are missing and can now replicate them.

Thanks again for all the help

Pete
full time penguin

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »

Golly, the GPO have got their act together for once, and when there was apparently a strike going on, and yet you got the plans in less than twenty-four hours! Glad to have been of assistance, and hope you have lots of fun with your 'Alfred'.

Danny

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »

danny have copied everything you sent me and will return it all this week with an extra set of plans for you. Many thanks mate

pete
full time penguin

homerunFred

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 02:36:12 pm »

I everyone.

Many, many years ago (35ish) my father built an Alfred. As an pre teen I adored this thing. Bit little hands did massive damage and over the course of several house moves the model got to a point beyond repair.

It has always been an ambition of mine to gift my dad a new Alfred. I got in touch with Tyne models a few years ago but he said he could no longer provide the kits he had supplied in the past. I was gutted but life moves on.

A recent redundancy means I have more time on my hands so I am trying to restart this project. Are there any kits available out there at all please?  If not I may consider building from scratch. I think this was how it was assembled originally as I seem remember the hull being made from wood but the upper sections being plastic such as the bridge etc?

I think this may have been the original kit? https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pbm-tug-alfred-model-kit-unassembled-463616523

Any help would be much appreciated

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.