Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cirrus 4ch 40Mhz Aerial Repair  (Read 1790 times)

over_powered84

Cirrus 4ch 40Mhz Aerial Repair
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:19:00 pm »

Hey Guys
I Have A Problem, Aerial Wire Has Came Loose From The Rx And I can't Find Where It Goes Back To Get It Soldered

I Was Hoping One Of You Guys Might Have The Same Rx And Could Possibly Open It To Find Out Where It Goes With
A Picture Please Guys....It's For My Old Mans HFM Deep Dive

Regards
Jnr GMYPBC

stallspeed

Re: Cirrus 4ch 40Mhz Aerial Repair
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:57:49 pm »

If you scan both sides of the circuit board on a doc scanner then folk familiar with rc electronics could X-mark the location.

over_powered84

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 02:31:06 am »

Thanks Stallspeed I'll Do That Tomorrow
Thing Is I & Others In The Club Have Been Over It With Excellent Magnifying Glasses & Still Nothing...

Thanks Though Bud

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 09:30:21 am »

Just talking general terms, but normally the aerial is connected via a small capacitor to prevent unexpected DC appearing at the input.  Normally I would expect to see a bit of track with soldered wire on one side and the broken bit sitting down the hole on the other side - since this hasn't been found, it is possible that the aerial was just tacked onto the track side of the said capacitor.  Look for a capacitor near the edge with one end not going anywhere else.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 11:10:03 am »

Hey Guys
I Have A Problem, Aerial Wire Has Came Loose From The Rx And I can't Find Where It Goes Back To Get It Soldered

I Was Hoping One Of You Guys Might Have The Same Rx And Could Possibly Open It To Find Out Where It Goes With
A Picture Please Guys....It's For My Old Mans HFM Deep Dive

Regards
Jnr GMYPBC

Hi there,

Here you go. I'm sorry about the quality, as the magnication required was beyond my camera.

You will notice that the wire is soldered to a 'black thing' by the blue resistor on the edge of the board. Please do not put your fingers on the tracks of the chip as the static might do some harm.

I hope this helps

Ken

ps .... I posted this once and one of the pics was oversize and my machine froze!!, so here is the second go.  :embarrassed:

pps ....  this took a bit of modifying.  ok2

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

over_powered84

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:21 am »

Hi Guys Thanks For Your Help, It Got The Problem Solved
& Big thanks To Tug-Kenny For The Pics... Still helped Bud Even If One Was "Low" Quality  %%

Regards Jnr
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.