Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone be able to help a newbie :)  (Read 1961 times)

baitboatbuilder

Anyone be able to help a newbie :)
« on: July 19, 2009, 09:40:06 pm »

Firstly Hi all,

I'm very new to boat building and just attempted my first project which was a bait boat for me to use when I go fishing.

Took it on the water for the first time today and was mainly a success but the problem I have is the turning circle.  I am running twin props on a catameran style hull so thought that just powering one prop would give me a good turn but found quickly this is not the case.  %)

I am thinking if I can install a reverse of some sort then by powering one forward and one back then I would get a better turning circle but don't know what part I need to do it.  I am running twins props being powered by P60 motors and marine speed controllers.  Also if anyone knows anywhere in the Birmingham area which holds a good stock as my local shop was really helpful but took over 2 weeks to get the props alone.

Any advice is appreciated as I was hoping to take this away with me on Friday so am running out of time.

andygh

Re: Anyone be able to help a newbie :)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »

Simple answer? Order one of these

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/P94.pdf

Speak to Dave tommorrow and it'll be with you within a couple of days, if not sooner

baitboatbuilder

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »

Thanks mate

baitboatbuilder

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »

Simple answer? Order one of these

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/P94.pdf

Speak to Dave tommorrow and it'll be with you within a couple of days, if not sooner

Thanks mate, gave him a call today and he is sending a mixer out to me.  Really helpful and patient with my basic questions.

andygh

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:29:17 pm »

Yes, he's a top fella
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.