Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116757 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

If you actually took a conspiracy theorist to the moon, walked him around in 1/6th G, showed him his footprints, proved that a swinging piece of cloth in a vacuum carries on swinging like a pendulum because there is nothing to stop it, and pointed at the Earth up in the sky - he still would refuse to believe you.  It would all be a hoax and something to do with mind bending drugs.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

ZZ56

I guess some of those expressing sceptical opinions are just having a laugh.
Others, who are serious, are denigrating some very, very brave folk who fly space missions and some equally clever folk who make it all possible. To say nothing of the sad deaths which occurred and the sacrifices made by relatives.

having a laugh yes but I think that there is still a lot of the Apollo Program which just does not add up.

If the Moon was so important and we had landed , we would still be going there now.  Our technology is far superior now than what was available at the time but it would take 15 to 20years (as per NASA Statement 1987) revised later to 100 years !!!
To get it together to have a manor woman  walking on the moon,  yet in the 60's it took only 9 Years !.   

I believe that the astronauts went into space but am yet to be convinced that they landed on the moon..

Anyway for all the other Doubters out there

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

The moon landings were politically motivated, and once that motivation was gone, there was no reason to go back.

If terrorists set up a moon base, there would be another mission there within hours, but as long as moon exploration continues to be about science and the irrepressible spirit of human curiosity, nobody will care about it.

The long Build

The moon landings were politically motivated, and once that motivation was gone, there was no reason to go back.
If terrorists set up a moon base, there would be another mission there within hours, but as long as moon exploration continues to be about science and the irrepressible spirit of human curiosity, nobody will care about it.

They never did find  Osama bin Laden did they,

andygh

If terrorists set up a moon base, there would be another mission there within hours

Or if they found oil  :o

bigfella

For those who believe that man did not land on the moon I have a design for a tin foil hat the the secret agencies can not penetrate to control your mind. Send $10 to............. {-) {-) {-) {-)  It is a sorry person who tries to discredit one of mans greatest endeavours.

The long Build

Ok so even if we are not currently able to land a man on the moon , although if the need be we could have one there by the end of the week , why has Nasa never taken jolly around the moon in the shuttle.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer

A 'Jolly' round the moon?? Have you any idea of the cost man, that would almost amount to the sum spirited away by our politicians!!
 {-)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site

quote;  I also dated a geologist for many years who had studied moon rocks & there is no doubt they were not of this planet. ; un quote .
I watched a program about the evolution of the planets and the solar system that stated the earth was in collision with another planet many years ago and that the moon was formed from the debris , does that make the moon earth ?
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Umi_Ryuzuki

The worlds greatest countries used to make battleships.
None of these countries currently produce battleships, nor do they have the
technology, or skilled machinists to  to even produce the guns these ships
used to carry...  ok2

andygh

Ok so even if we are not currently able to land a man on the moon , although if the need be we could have one there by the end of the week , why has Nasa never taken jolly around the moon in the shuttle.

What for?  {:-{ %)

Umi_Ryuzuki

What for?  {:-{ %)

Are you daft, They sail the shuttle around the moon all the time!
You don't think they are actually building a space station do you... those are all sets at Pinewood..

They have been using the shuttle all these years to put all the artifacts that they say they sent to the
moon, ... ON to the moon before anyone can actually get to the moon and prove those pieces aren't there.

Jeeez...

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer

The Chinese have already started planning the construction of the first hotel and shopping mall.

The Americans have put in a bid for a car factory.

The British won't go yet as they don't expect to have finished the risk analysis before 2027, and that is just the risk analysis for the QUANGO that Mandelson will be in charge of.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Malcolm Reade

The British won't go yet as they don't expect to have finished the risk analysis before 2027, and that is just the risk analysis for the QUANGO that Mandelson will be in charge of.

I have a sneaky feeling that Mandelson won't have much say in the matter after May 2010?

Malc

bigfella

The Shuttle can only just make it out of our atmosphere. A trip to the moon and back would be impossible.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

Ok so even if we are not currently able to land a man on the moon
Landing him there is the easy bit.  Its getting him back still alive thats the hard part.
The moon and earth might well be made basically of the same stuff, but the moon has been sitting in a vacuum for a few billion year and the earth has its molten core and an atmosphere which makes for a big difference.  Think of the difference between boiled ham and roast ham.........same basic start, different treatment.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

chingdevil

I believe the shuttle can not get to the moon because it does not go as fast as the Apollo system did, also it is not designed for that mission. Recently when the were repairing the Hubble they mentioned that the Hubble is at the limit of the shuttle endurance, to get to the Hubble the shuttle has to go around the earth a few times to get the height and speed to stay up there.

Moon landings stopped because America got fed up with them and congress could no longer afford them, remember at this time the Vietnam war was still going on costing thousands of lives and countless dollars. There was only ever going to be 18 Apollo missions, but after number 17 they cancelled it so Apollo 18 was taken from the assembly building and layed on it side outside. It is now in a building, but if you ever go to Kennedy Space Centre and go to the moon experience the rocket in that building is Apollo 18.

If man did not land on the moon, as some people strangely think it must be costing America an awful lot in hush money to all the people that worked on the project and Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins are some of the best actors in the world.

A few months after Apollo 8 went around the moon I met Frank Borman, his description of what the moon looked like I do not believe could have been written by some hollywood script writer but can have only come from someone who had been there.

Brian

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

As to the thread question:

YES

It's a no-brainer. All the evidence (both at the time, and in the 40 years' of laser studies using the retro reflectors, and recently reiterated by LRO imagery) demonstrates that NASA accomplished its task. Ask yourself, at the height of the Cold War, why the USSR found no evidence to suggest otherwise...

With regards to the speed of exploration, we have good parallels on Earth.

The first (fleeting) visits to the South Pole were made in the 1890s-1915 time frame.

A base was established in 1957.

The first visits were largely "flags and footprints". The base was built for "science and study". That 40-plus year gap reflects the difficulty of the environment, the costs involved and the "requirements for safety" that inevitably follow the first daring explorers.

I accept that the speed of exploration is painfully slow for a child of the Space Age like myself, but things are progressing. There are thirteen people in orbit right now. Five hundred people have orbited the Earth since Gagarin. I believe that the current US timeline for returning and staying on the Moon is a good reflection of the costs involved, and not so much the technological difficulties.

Andy

Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

bigfella

Remember that first landing on the moon and the feeling that we would all be flying into space like The Jetsons and off to Mars for the weekend. Imagine how three people shot into space in what was virtually a flimsy tin can strapped to a big bomb. Wow I remember and even now I sit and think what an achievement considering how it was only a space of 66 years from mans first powered flight in 1903 to mans first step on a different celestial body, the Moon, in 1969. WOW I am in awe at that achievement. I wish that mans achievement in the automobile was as progressive as that of flight as we are still driving around in vehicles with basicily the same type of internal cumbustion engine as the first pioneer cars.

Still in awe at the Moon landings.
David

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

I accept that man has actually walked on the Moon but I must admit, I would have expected more evidence
 of rocket blast underneath the the lunar descender....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage

There was a show on the idiot box just a couple of days ago here that was to prove that the moon landing was true,
1:
They fired a laser to the moon which had no way of returning unless the beam hit the reflector left on the surface.
2:
They proved that the flag would flutter about for a good period of time in the reduced atmosphere.
3:
They also proved that the foot prints in the soft surface were ok as they tested the print in a near vacuum here.
4:
They tried to copy the walk style that was used, but were unable, by using film, wires and anything you can think of.
5:
When they tried the moon walk skip and jump in a Boeing, at 1/6th the earths gravity the movements were identical.

Would you like me to continue, yes they WERE on the moons surface..................... :-)) :-))

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

The long Build

There is a flaw in the laser test,
1:
They fired a laser to the moon which had no way of returning unless the beam hit the reflector left on the surface.
##########
The reflector could have easily been left by an unmanned mission, and the test was performed by the laser operator who simply said that the high peeks proved there was something there on the moon to reflect it. She controlled the apparatus so the results could have very easily been fixed.

I'm not saying they did not go to the moon but I'm not totaly convinced.

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

I accept that man has actually walked on the Moon but I must admit, I would have expected more evidence
 of rocket blast underneath the the lunar descender....

Like this?  %)

Loose dust was raised (raised! The exhaust gas was around 3000 m/s!!) from an altitude of 30 metres, and "left the area" from directly under the nozzle. (Indeed, some of it would have made it into short-period orbit.)

By engine-off, which occurred before touchdown, the weight supported by the descent engine wasn't much more than a half-empty Aerospatiale Gazelle.

I therefore think the photographic evidence is entirely ok.  :-))

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

OMK

...and of course, nobody ever talks of the Ruskies who just happen to have a base on the dark side of the moon... or so the local know-all down the pub says.

To qoute Umi: "The worlds greatest countries used to make battleships. None of these countries currently produce battleships, nor do they have the technology, or skilled machinists to  to even produce the guns these ships used to carry..."

That's sweet! So in other words, instead of wasting squillions and squillions of good dough on making war, perhaps they might now start building boats that actually look like a boat. Stuff it full of nekkid wimmin, Fender and Les Paul guitars, finest Jamaican weed, apple juice, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and free passage to anywhere on the globe.
Who cares about this moon business anyhow? Me, I'd sooner discover all the things on this planet, still waiting to be discovered, rather than worry about living on some space rock without good atmosphere.

Sorry, Umi -- just me, living on planet Earth fantasy. :-)

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer

PMK,  I`m with you!   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer

Are you daft, They sail the shuttle around the moon all the time!
You don't think they are actually building a space station do you... those are all sets at Pinewood

i was at pinewood last week,  was i in space ?  - no sign of the space station though
all in all its just another brick in the wall......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.