Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116769 times)

steamboatmodel

I was in High School at that time, we had both a Radio Club and a Rocket Club. We were able to setup a directional radio antenna aimed at the moon, we were able to pickup some of there radio transmissions. We were not the only ones, the University of Toronto students not only receive, but tried to transmit a signal back.
Regards,
Gerald.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

I accept that man has actually walked on the Moon but I must admit, I would have expected more evidence
 of rocket blast underneath the the lunar descender....
The fact that it doesn't look like a Hollywood/Pinewood enactment must speak volumes for it being fact rather than fiction.  Remember that clip of an old frigate being torpedoed? Remember the total lack of any flash, fire or smoke?  Remember the comment of a young lad that it would never be allowed in a movie because it would not be spectacular enough?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

taxi

This thread reminds me of the film Capricorn 1,    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8kdmw7vQc

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Capricorn 1 - one of my all time top ten films.  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

I am a bit surprised that so many believe we actually landed on the Moon , bearing in mind which government  the Majority of information comes from, silly me how could I doubt such a reliable source ...W.O.M.D need I say more.

Putting to one side the dubious moon landings , When we going to Mars ?   (and there's another conspiracy story)   8)

Umi_Ryuzuki

Are you daft, They sail the shuttle around the moon all the time!
You don't think they are actually building a space station do you... those are all sets at Pinewood

i was at pinewood last week,  was i in space ?  - no sign of the space station though

You don't think they go round publicizing the set do you.
One of the sets is obviously aboard an aircraft so they can simulate weightlessness.
Obviously you didn't visit Ed Bishops office... If you had, you probably would have
 gotten a tour of SHADO also. . ...Wait, if SHADO exists,.... so does moon base... :o

Moon landings are real! O0
Someone get me Martin Landau's autograph!(I do prefer the Eagle and Hawk designs)
Of course I am sure you guys want Lt Ellis's autograph... ;)

garston1

Landing him there is the easy bit.  Its getting him back still alive thats the hard part.
The moon and earth might well be made basically of the same stuff, but the moon has been sitting in a vacuum for a few billion year and the earth has its molten core and an atmosphere which makes for a big difference.  Think of the difference between boiled ham and roast ham.........same basic start, different treatment.

garston1

The Shuttle can only just make it out of our atmosphere. A trip to the moon and back would be impossible.
What if they left the choke off?

Umi_Ryuzuki

Quote from: bigfella on July 21, 2009, 10:12:38 PM
The Shuttle can only just make it out of our atmosphere. A trip to the moon and back would be impossible.

What if they left the choke off?

What if they put a feul tank in the cargo bay.. :-)

polaris

• Shipmate

Dear All,

There are a couple of points that are pertinent.

The moon's surface has been photo mapped by others than the US, and the past landing sites of all those who have fired things at it one way and another can be seen. The site where the Moonrover was driven can be identified by the tracks it left.

If the US landings were fictitious, I am sure the Russians (& others), would have made every benefit from it a long while ago. At the end of the day, once an independent party lands nearby a prev. landing site the proof will be absolutely definitive.

Regards, Bernard

das boot

Well, somebody has been  up there, after all The Star paper said a London Bus had been seen on the moon. So who drove it there then? Eh? Eh? And who sent Blakie up there to make sure that Butler was on time? Eh?

Rich

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

Well, somebody has been  up there, after all The Star paper said a London Bus had been seen on the moon. So who drove it there then? Eh? Eh? And who sent Blakie up there to make sure that Butler was on time? Eh?

Rich
Elvis.  I know Cliff had more experience with bus driving, but it was definitely Elvis.

taxi

Try taking a look on here,  http://www.google.com/moon/

You guys with lots of time to search around might find some space junk or car tracks.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer

I'm now beginning to wonder who is in serious denial and who is just having a giggle! But as all model builders suffer from a mild form of autism, I reckon 2 or 3 actually believe the conspiracy theories. Personally, I would like to know how the BBC got there to film the landing. Cheers. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

I'm now beginning to wonder who is in serious denial and who is just having a giggle! But as all model builders suffer from a mild form of autism, I reckon 2 or 3 actually believe the conspiracy theories. Personally, I would like to know how the BBC got there to film the landing. Cheers. BY.
In that bus.  Driven by Elvis.

Wasyl

Its not for me to say if they did,or did not land on the Moon,
But my Gran use to always tell me,that the Moon was made of Green Cheese,and who was I to dis-believe her {-)As for the first men on the Moon,when i was little,I thought it was Bernard Cribbins and Lionel Jeffries {-)
Then years later,the actor David Niven comes along,and tells us,"The Moon,s a Balloon"all these contradictions,makes me wonder, {-)

Wullie

polaris

• Shipmate

Dear All,

Whatever be the case, the truth will be without eventually whoever thinks what! Again, I am sure the Russians and others would have been jumping up and down ages ago if they thought it didn't happen - and I am sure they have the tech. to prove it any time they want if they wished.

Regards, Bernard

Roger in France

Ah, but what if the Russians and the Americans are all playing the same game! After all, could you ever trust a nation which sends a little doggy into space on its own, never to return and not a lampost in sight?

Roger in France

bigfella

Another thing to consider is the sheer cost of every launch of Gemini and Apollo rockets was astronomical (no pun). If you were trying to fool the public that you had landed on the Moon would you not say it happened with only one rocket????

Wasyl

Who would have thought that we have a Top  drawer Nazi to thank,for whats gone on before,and for some of the comments made on this topic,

Wullie

bigfella

Who would have thought that we have a Top  drawer Nazi to thank,for whats gone on before,and for some of the comments made on this topic,

Wullie

So true. It was a race in the dieing days of WW2 to see who could capture and use the services of Germany's scientists. And to think that the Saturn rocket was derived and not much different to the V2.

polaris

• Shipmate

I reply in one Post but individually to save numerous Posts.

Roger, Unfortunately Russia was not the only country to send animals that didn't survive. Some did of course.

Bigfella, True... it would have been an extremely ultra expensive bluff, and I am sure - as I have said oft' before - other countries would have been only too quick to prove otherwise.

Wullie, von Braun was involved with rocketry before WW2, and had a passion to get rockets into space, but he was obviously 'expected' to participate in the German war machine. In Germany one didn't say no to anything as it was exceedingly dangerous to do so - pacifism was not permitted (though people did indeed think it). A friend of mine - a brilliant physicist/mathematician (now semi-retired) - told me about his Father who worked on the German rocket programme. His Father didn't want to do it, and hated doing such work, but simply had to do it. There were many like him, however, there were of course some who obviously were believers in the Nazi ideals - but they were few. As you say, there was a race to get hold of the German scientists towards the end of WW2 (all sciences), but, such is the fortunes of war and the way things go.

Regards, Bernard

tony52

NASA's - LRO orbiter has taken snaps of Apollo 12's landing site. They are promising more detailed photographs in the coming months, so the truth may soon be revealed. Conspiracy theorists are saying if NASA faked the landings they could fake the LRO's photographs.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/04/apollo_12_site/

The long Build

Tell you, Photo-shop is just brilliant nowadays..   :} :}

BlazingPenguin

This is hilarious, one of my favourite subjects and the comments about the world being flat are as valid as the same comments made when the world was flat.   {-)

In my own opinion, they may have indeed went to the moon, bit I believe the pics and video footage are obviously fake, there are so many anomalies in both that is just doesnt wash....and I dont care what 'MythBusters' says.  %%

For example the 'waving' flag...It moves in a vacum, strange but lets discount it as residual tension built up in the fabric as it is being positioned with its pole. But I also have footage of it moving, all by itself....Hmmmmmm.  :embarrassed:

Theres also a very nice shot of the LEM having suffered some sort of collision, pretty badly by the look of it especially when you consider how flimsy the LEM actually was, but theres no mention of any such 'incident' having happened at any time....ever!

The LEM itself couldnt fly in anything like a stable attitude in earths atmosphere, much less in zero atmosphere to provide any drag or stability mere weeks before lift-off, but it performs faultlessly on the day, the flight back to the main module looks very suspect too, especially when speeded up.

At the time the russians were streets ahead of the USA in the field, hence the need for a much needed boost to the ego with the ladings of whatever sort.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.