Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116759 times)

ixion

India’s first lunar mission found evidence of large quantities of water on its surface. Funny that the Americans suposedly landed there and didn't find any!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

The Indians were using special sensors on their satellite, the water is bound into the rocks in tiny quantities. No reason the Americans would have found it, it wasn't obvious and they weren't looking for it in that format.  Technology has moved on 40 years in the meantime. No mystery there I'm afraid.

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

.... the Americans were looking for burgers....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

Green cheeseburgers obviously.....

ixion

Technology has moved on 40 years in the meantime.

Exactly, and no one has been 'back' to the moon because it isn't possible to go?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

I think it's just that there hasn't been very much point in doing so. It cost rather a lot of money first time around.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Long way to go for a drink of Water!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ixion

It cost rather a lot of money first time around.

Yes, hiring a film studio is very expensive  ok2

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

But conspiracy theories cost nothing and give a lot of people some entertainment.

andygh

India’s first lunar mission found evidence of large quantities of water on its surface. Funny that the Americans suposedly landed there and didn't find any!

They did find it but mistakenly believed it to be due to contamination

bigfella

Yes, hiring a film studio is very expensive  ok2

We have been over this conspiracy before. How many people must have been paid off if it were done in the studio??? Then their families and anyone who wanted to make a quick buck would have exposed it. The USSR would have been the first to debunk it but did not, was the Kremlin also paid off???

Tin Foil Hat required in isle 4 {-) {-)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

We have been over this conspiracy before....

The most obvious way to address this issue is to use the scientific method. It is pointless to keep throwing suggestions and counter-suggestions at each other.

Karl Popper pointed out that a key feature of scientific truth was that it was capable of being falsified. This is unlike religion, for instance, where 'truths' are held by faith. All scientists (except those involved in Global Warming!) put forward hypotheses which are testable, and, crucially, falsifiable. If I propose that all objects fall at the same speed in a uniform gravity field, neglecting air resistance, this proposal can be tested by building a tall vacuum tube, dropping two different objects in it, and timing them. My hypothesis is that they will hit the ground together, and if they do not, my hypothesis is disproven.

If someone hypothesises that the Apollo moon shots did not reach the moon, I would like to hear what facts they would accept as falsifying that hypothesis. For instance, some Apollo and Lunokhod missions carried laser reflectors. Would they accept the detection of a returned laser pulse when pointed at the landing sites as falsifying their hypothesis that the sites do not exist? Can they propose some other test which we can agree will settle the issue?

If they cannot propose any method of testing their belief in this way, then they are not holding a scientific belief, but one more akin to a religion. For religious belief, holding firm to the faith in spite of any proofs to the contary is deemed praisworthy, so there is little point in holding this entire discussion.....

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

It always amuses me the way that conspiracy theorists assume almost superhuman powers of competence on the part of all those perpetrating the deception when this flies in the face of reality. While there are some clever people about, a great proportion of those occupying high positions in organisations are of no great intellect and are just as likely to make a cock up of things as you or I (unfortunately usually with more expensive consequences).  What distinguishes them from you or I is their ambition to achieve a position of power of some kind. Once they have it their faults frequently become all too evident.

A typical example of course being politicians....

Colin

BlazingPenguin

Quote: It always amuses me the way that conspiracy theorists assume almost superhuman powers of competence.

I think youll find that most 'conspiracy theorists' agree with you Colin, in that those who carried out the deception imagined that all bases were covered, but when viewed objectively its patently obvious that somethings amiss. Often quoted is that with so many involved, someone, somehwhere would leak a story, well sorry to have to tell you that there have indeed been leaks and from rather higher up than you would Imagine!

Gus Grissom ?
Vociferous in his criticism of major flaws in the project, who hung a lemon on the door of the command module in training, by way of statement of his feelings on the matter, only to die a horrible death shortly after.

The Crew of Apollo 11 ?
The first man to walk on the moon has steadfastly refused to be interviewed on the matter since that day.
One only has to observe the demeanour of the team at the first press conference, to say they are rather subdued would be an understatement !

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends

Just a curious fact but Neil Armstrong and his crew if but rarely ever talk about the moon landing and what ever happened up there.

Another thing thats strange is technology has advanced so so much since there time on the moon so why has noone else been up there for some time?? its not like we havent got the knowledge now to make bigger better rockets to get there and back faster.

Anyone who has walked on the moon would in my eyes be talking about it until the cows came home, its an experiance of a lifetime that should never be forgotten.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

I think Dodgy Geezer is right - it's a pointless discussion.

The long Build

If people feel it is a pointless discussion why do these people keep posting.. :}

Some say it happened , others say it did not , this will always be the case , much like the Titanic Debate %% , Emilia earhart, JFK  8), Marilyn Monroe  :kiss:   and the new one on the Block Michael Jackson, the list is endless.

This to me is a light hearted chit chat about one of the Conspiracy's. It is unlikely that we mere people will ever be able to prove it one way or another. Those who say we Did land have their opinion , those who state that the landings never happened have theirs , who is to say which is right.  We only have the American Government to say it did  happen and who trusts them,  W.M.D   need I say more..  They apparently exist but nobody has ever found them !!!  

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

They apparently exist but nobody has ever found them !!!

Looks like they are under a mountain in Iran!  :}

The long Build

:-))  And thats another thing , how have they managed to conceal this new Nuke station without the Americans knowing about it..!! with all the state of the art metal flying around space.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

I think Dodgy Geezer is right - it's a pointless discussion.

I tried not to say that the discussion was pointless - I tried to say that you need to agree on your parameters for discussion beforehand. If someone indicates that they will believe something no matter what evidence is adduced to the contary, it is of limited value to start providing contary evidence.

Such a belief is often religious, and depends, not on evidence, but on appeal to authority. So nothing I can say can make a firm believer change their mind about religious doctrine, but if their religious leader announces a change then their mind immediatly comes round. Roger Bacon, the inventor of science, preferred experiment - "Reasoning draws a conclusion, but does not make the conclusion certain, unless the mind discovers it by the path of experience."

All I wanted was for the proposers of the notion to tell us what they would accept as conclusive proof that man had landed on the moon. If they cannot answer this hypothetical question, then no amount of arguing can bring them to a conclusion, and we should be looking for their authority figure....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Topic renamed.  ok2

ajb68

So who shot J.R then ?? :o

The long Build

So who shot J.R then ?? :o

The whole Cast..at some stage.  :D

BlazingPenguin

Far from pointless in my opinion....

A healthy debate/argument (and No...its not the same as a fight) is very entertaining, where it falls down is when parties have an entrenched view and are unwilling to listen to reason if it in any way conflicts with their own. Now if you wanna see sparks fly, get 10 archeologists in a room and mention 'Time Team' and stand well back.  <*<

Did you know that the russian unmanned luner lander reached the moon weeks before the NASA landing? The mission was aborted for technical reasons and Ivan in his collektiv soviet wisdom decided to crash it into the moon, just to be first on the moon.

Some lunar theories can get abit nuts though, apparently Aldrin & Armstrong 'saw' other beings and evidence of civilisations not our own, well....I dont know about that, but I will reserve judgement till something is confirmed, Occam's Razor is a pretty good method of looking at these things. If you hear a stampede outside your house...think 'cows' not 'zebras'. Followed closely by the money trail...who would stand to gain?

In effect the lunar missions were cancelled because of cost in relation to scientific returns, the shuttle missions having superceded lunar flights on cost alone, the latest flurry of lunar interest is purely financial, a quest for mineral sources by big business interests.

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer

Latest photos of the landing sites with new satellite/telescope have shown the lunar landers for the 1st time on surface as well as the tracks from the lunar rovers where they were used. I think it would be nearly impossible to cover up such a 'hoax' for so long,too many people would know about it, someone would talk. Watched Capricorn One too many times I think? Dave. ps Be careful how far away you let your boats go or they'll fall off edge of the world,I don't think America exists either as I've not been there. May the force be with you.....always.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.