Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116758 times)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

,I don't think America exists either as I've not been there. ....

I've been there, and I KNOW it doesn't exist. At least, not in the way that they think it does...

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer

I've been there, and I KNOW it doesn't exist. At least, not in the way that they think it does...
And THAT my friends, is the most intelligent post there has been on this thread! BY.
ps---Does Las Vegas count as part of the USA? Being made of dross and living on fantasy.....I loved it.
Notes from a simple seaman

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

Does Las Vegas count as part of the USA? Being made of dross and living on fantasy.....I loved it.

Me too, you just couldn't make it up although I thought the building materials used were pretty high quality - loved sleeping in a pyramid with a replica of King Tut's tomb in the basement.

Colin

Roger in France

Oh you silly folk.....of course it never happened. How could you land on a disc of green cheese which gets eaten up gradually by the Invisible Soup Dragon? Then a Lost Tribe of Aztecs make a monthly human sacrifice to ensure we get a new moon because if they didn't the Invisible Soup Dragon would get hungry and swoop down to Earth to make a pact with the Bankers to bring about ruination of our world.

It's just like the Dust storms in Australia which were caused by the Invisible Soup Dragon flapping its wings too violently.

Also, I know America doesn't exist because I sailed there in 1968 on the QE but was really on a model at the pond in Shepperton Studios with the Isle of Wight dressed up to look like Staten Island and a large cardboard cutout of the Statue of Liberty. However, I spotted the deceit because when they repainted the Isle of Wight Ferry they couldn't spell Staten Island and called it Satin Island.

You see it is just like the French I live with, they go home at night, shut the doors, close the shutters and speak English. After a couple of bottles of wine I hear them every night.

Hic!

Roger in France

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

Also, I know America doesn't exist because I sailed there in 1968 on the QE but was really on a model at the pond in Shepperton Studios with the Isle of Wight dressed up to look like Staten Island and a large cardboard cutout of the Statue of Liberty. However, I spotted the deceit because when they repainted the Isle of Wight Ferry they couldn't spell Staten Island and called it Satin Island.

You see it is just like the French I live with, they go home at night, shut the doors, close the shutters and speak English. After a couple of bottles of wine I hear them every night.

Hic!

Roger in France

I can be quite gullible at times. I'm prepared to believe in the Invisible Soup Dragon and the Pink Unicorn. I'm prepared to believe that there's a good reason for the war in Afghanistan and that we're winning. I can even believe that Gordon Brown is a great Prime Minister and will be elected for another term with an increased majority. I can believe that unless we pay more taxes and live in the dark the earth will heat up and explode.

But I can't believe that the French speak English at home.... 

kiwi

who cares

total time allocated to this subject from life's busy schedule, 12.5 seconds
more than enough.
Now to get on with life

kiwi

(same time allocated to the other useless topics like politics, the law and accounting)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer

I've been to the moon myself,I'll admit it.I knocked the ship together after dinner and went while wife watched Strictly Come Dancing,brought some cheese back(Cheddar)and caught a Clanger with a net.Have attached picture of craft and her gallant crew(I'm on the right). Mr Spoon.

The long Build

Ah yes, but No. 6 , who is Number 1..or would that be telling by hook or by crook... 8) 8)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer

They have a saying in the village. 'Questions are a burden for others, answers a prison for oneself'.  :-X

bigfella

The best conspiracy that I can recall was in the mid sixties and Paul McCartney had died mysteriously and was replaced by someone who looked and sang like him. Now this should have been debunked immediately by the sheer fact that maybe you could find someone who vaguely looked like him or even sounded a bit like him but both???

The conspiracy was further given legs (by the theorists) with some "Signs" on the covers of some of the Beatles albums. Abbey Road was one of those albums and from memory the "Signs" were: On the VW the licence plate read 28IF which would have been Paul's age if he had lived, the Beatles walked across the crossing in a certain order in different cloths which depicted a funeral procession and that Paul had no shoes on and was out of step with the others. Also other things like in one of the scenes off Magical Mystery Tour all the Beatles had Red Roses in their lapels except Paul who had a Black one.

Of coarse Paul McCartney did not die and those conspiracy theorists can find anything and turn it into evidence, if you can manipulate it somehow you can turn something into anything you want.

Regards David

steamboatmodel

"of coarse Paul McCartney did not die and those conspiracy theorists can find anything and turn it into evidence, if you can manipulate it somehow you can turn something into anything you want."
Actually Paul did die and was replaced by Elvis after extensive plastic surgery.

The long Build

"Actually Paul did die and was replaced by Elvis after extensive plastic surgery.

Now that is taking it to far !!  %%

Any theories about the Latest Muse Song " Uprising " .? Can't understand why  but I'm sure its about the current government. 8)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

elvis

Hi all
as the long build says nasa did get to the moon.
i was there.
thank you, thank you very much.
now must get back to washing my jumpsuit, that moon dust gets everywhere.
all the best %% 

The long Build

Hi all
as the long build says nasa did get to the moon.
i was there.
thank you, thank you very much.
now must get back to washing my jumpsuit, that moon dust gets everywhere.
all the best %% 

Hey, I never said they landed did I ?  :o  I thought I was in the Not a chance Camp.. :}

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer

Of course it happened, Gordon Brown said so.   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

The long Build

Ok I admit defeat , we did land on the Moon... :} :}

regiment

ar yes but how do you tell a 5 year old why austrailians dont fall off the earth  i tried it gave up  in  the end

fatcat123

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8157368.stm

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

Looking at these images it is clear that they did actually go to the moon. Another huge hole in the conspiracy myth makers is that the Goonhilly radiotelescope tracked the Apollo landers transmissions and they showed very very clearly that they came from the moon and that the speed of the landers slowed as they went in to land exactly as they should have and this was done without NASA/USA knowledge either.

Sorry guys the shear amount of evidence proves they landed on the Moon , most of these guys saying otherwise believe that Elvis is alive ( he is really , just works in Tescos checkouts now lol ) , that the Philladelphia "experiment" really did send guys forward then back through Time......etc,etc,etc

Just my 2p's worth lol and as for the world well it is spherical but it has a bulge around the equator ... yup the planet has a beer belly lol

I used to believe they didnt but after looking at lots of evidence I now believe it. One major factor in this is when they landed, they left a prism type mirror on the moon in which lasers are reflected from the earth, through the prism and then back to earth. This allows measurements of distance etc..

HawkEye

Well i know for a fact that Wallace & gromit went as i saw them on T.V.  %%

As for the yanks - I'm on the fence, there's a lot of possible discrepancies and something just doesn't "feel right" about the whole Apollo mission(s).

To add to the whole conspiracy scenario  have a look at this video and pick out the facts from the fiction , about 20 min. long , not suitable for children due to some graphic images at the end and some dubious advertising / comments on the hosting site.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uzgd_the-orion-conspiracy_shortfilms

RaaArtyGunner

Suppose a question to ask is, O0 if they made it %)  why have they not returned?  O0 Then there there is no doubt  ;) :-))

Aussies don't fall of the world as we were told by reliable authority  %) our boots are heavier.

And as the Blond said America is going to land on the Sun.
When asked if she was nuts, She replied of course not DUH we are going to go at night.

tassie48

My question is can you see thru a telescope (of course )the moon landing sight the apollo rig the moon buggie or any sign of the landing to prove that man landed their would like to see the moon and the junk the thats is left their tassie48

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

mmmm Fatcat says....... "they left a prism type mirror on the moon in which lasers are reflected from the earth, through the prism and then back to earth. This allows measurements of distance etc"

O0...this was the part subject of a UK domunectry shown here in OZ yesterday called "what on earth is wrong with garvity"

It showed the 18"square assemblies complete with 12 x deep prism quartz collector/magnifier/receptor/reflector elements  %%...... but true I suggest as they have since been used to >>:-( improve on the work by Sir Isac Newton & Albert Einstein ......Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

My question is can you see thru a telescope (of course )the moon landing sight the apollo rig the moon buggie or any sign of the landing to prove that man landed their would like to see the moon and the junk the thats is left their tassie48

The lunar orbiter satellite has been sending back images of the Moon landing sites but I suppose the conspiracy theorists will just say it's another fake.... %)

You can see some of them here:

http://lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Colin

tony52

I suppose the conspiracy theorists will just say it's another fake.... %)

It's brilliant what they can do with photoshop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.