Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116750 times)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

Who cares about this moon business anyhow?

Aha, but Titan....!

Atmosphere pressure about 1.5 times Earth's, and G is about 0.15. You could fly by flapping an umbrella.....

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

Atmosphere pressure about 1.5 times Earth's, and G is about 0.15. You could fly by flapping an umbrella.....

Mary Poppins then...

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

Mary Poppins then...

The more usual proposal is to attach wings/paddles to your arms and flap these to lift yourself.  But the ground wind speeds seem similar to Earth's, so if you held onto a decent-sized brolly in a gust you could get swept up into the air atmosphere...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Suppose a question to ask is,  if they made it  why have they not returned?  Then there there is no doubt  ;) :-))

.... there's no oil up there?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Nordsee

There is a simple way of deciding if they went or not. You need a High Power telescope and a high Effiency Laser, and oodles of Computer Power on your PC. First you line up on the Mirror that the Astronauts left on the Moon, then aim the Laser and switch on. The PC measures the time it takes, there and back, and you have the distance of the Earth from the Moon.
 Seriously, the crew left such a Mirror there so Boffins could measure the change in distances of the Earth and Moon. Still there. still used. If they didn't go, how did it get there? Parcel Force,UPS, ?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

If they didn't go, how did it get there? Parcel Force,UPS, ?

Dr Who of course....

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

Seriously, the crew left such a Mirror there so Boffins could measure the change in distances of the Earth and Moon. Still there. still used. If they didn't go, how did it get there?

Of course, there is at least one other mirror up there - on top of the Russian Lunokhod 1 robot vehicle. The Russians never put a crew on the moon, but they still got a reflector there. Actually, rather a good one - I think it's currently out-performing the US one....

jonny shoreboy

The best thing about this whole argument is that neither side can actually prove the other side is wrong. That's how a conspiracy theory works! :-))

HawkEye

Well, this is supposedly "One of the best documentaries discussing the moon hoax", somewhat old  but some very convincing evidence from people who seem to know what they are talking about.

Excerpts from the dvd of the same name ( the whole documentary is available if you google it )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiR6-NJN06c   part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8srEzjGuw   part 2

HawkEye

knoby

Since the Kremlin seemed to know more about American secrets than the Americans, surely Russia would have ripped the landings to pieces if they had the slightest evidence they were faked.  After all when it comes down to it, the moon landings were just the ultimate way to prove capitalism was better than Communism, wasn't it?

Cheers Glenn

RaaArtyGunner

Since the Kremlin seemed to know more about American secrets than the Americans, surely Russia would have ripped the landings to pieces if they had the slightest evidence they were faked.  After all when it comes down to it, the moon landings were just the ultimate way to prove capitalism was better than Communism, wasn't it?

Cheers Glenn

What of the theory  %) they are in on it  ok2 to keep the space race alive and well?  O0

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

After all when it comes down to it, the moon landings were just the ultimate way to prove capitalism was better than Communism, wasn't it?
Cheers Glenn

I always thought that it was an attempt to prove that the Americans' captured German scientists were better than the Russians' captured German scientists....

steamboatmodel

I always thought that it was an attempt to prove that the Americans' captured German scientists were better than the Russians' captured German scientists....
Actually It was the Canadian scientists from the Avro Arrow project that got the Yanks on the moon.
Regards,
Gerald.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

Never knew that Avro contributed to the Apollo project...or are you referring to the engineers who were thrown out of work when it was cancelled?

In any case, suggestions that it was a battle between Capitalism and Communism have always made me smile - given that the most impressive rocket engineering seems to have been performed under Fascism.... 

The long Build

Oops Wrong Thread

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

Actually It was the Canadian scientists from the Avro Arrow project that got the Yanks on the moon.
Regards,
Gerald.

{-) {-) {-) {-)....thanks Gerald........according to our teaching..... :-)...it was the triangular interpolated trajectory plotted via BIG OZ radio telescopes that led the path to the moon for the YANKS ........................ & more importantly for their return trip back home...........Derek O0
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

steamboatmodel

Yes dodgy geezer It was the engineers who were thrown out of work when it was cancelled that I was referring to. If you listen to the Mythology around it they would have you believe that Arrow 2 would have flown there itself.
( I have read that the program was going to be cancelled after the election no matter who was elected)
So Derek we got them there and you got them back.
Gerald.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer

ar yes but how do you tell a 5 year old why austrailians dont fall off the earth  i tried it gave up  in  the end
Why don't you just turn the map upside down and ask them why the Eskimos don't fall off? Apart from getting into esoteric stuff like gravity, you could always tell them that just because the maps are drawn that way, there's absolutely no reason to think that we are "that way up"...could be sideways. No ups or downs in space. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

Does you good to re-evaluate the planet.  :-))

Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

RaaArtyGunner

Struth that's amazing  %) and here we thought we were down under  <:( but we are actually on top  O0 :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

Naah Photo Shopped   :}

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

A similarly convincing batch of evidence comes from Kaguya, the Japanese satellite that mapped and measured the Moon with hi-resolution cameras a couple of years ago.

By creating DEMs (digital elevation models) from the Kaguya data obtained around the Apollo 15 site, it's possible to construct a view of the landscape as it would be seen from the ground.

This video shows the results.

No surprise that they match.

Now, can the conspirators explain how (and indeed why) NASA, in the 60's, and without similar high-quality maps, DEMs, or the computer power to process images in this way, constructed a fake (but exact) copy of the real topography?

Answer: they couldn't. QED: NASA and people went to the Moon.

That's the end of this thread, surely?

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

The long Build

ANow, can the conspirators explain how (and indeed why) NASA, in the 60's, and without similar high-quality maps, DEMs, or the computer power to process images in this way, constructed a fake (but exact) copy of the real topography?
Andy

Well if they had the Tech to get people to the Moon ....

Admittedly it looks more convincing but until the average person can view the moon themselves this will go on for years..

treeboa

nah the `satellite` was paid for by nasa, it was hanging over pinewoods old apollo studio with a new finepix camera gaffa taped on it, if you look carefully you will see captain slog from star trek peering over one of the craters  {-) also audio had to be removed because apparently you could hear the clangers  :-X

nah seriously, i remember as a school kid being allowed to stay up all night on the first landing, not long after i purchased the record of the whole episode, not for us mere mortals to have cds and videos for many years

funny enough my old man was a radar/radio tech in the raf, he used to tell me the ruskies had sent men to the moon but they never made it alive, apparently there were radio communications that proved this, end the day your that far from home that one cockup could mean your on a one way journey, apollo 13 proved that

pointless going back there, nowt of value worth having nor can we as a species survive there without life support systems, its close enough to the earth that a major calamity that would affect our survival like an asteroid impact would affect the moon as well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.