Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116823 times)

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer

Its very simple if you think that the moon landings are a hoax then you should have your right to vote removed,along with those who think the world is flat, that little green men visit use on a regular basis and adults who read Harry Potter books.

Absolutely, with the exception of Harry Potter books!!
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.

The long Build

Absolutely, with the exception of Harry Potter books!!

But you must remember that once the world was deemed to be flat and anyone who spoke out about it tended not to do very well in life afterwards..

So no Votes to be kept..

tony52

pointless going back there, nowt of value worth having nor can we as a species survive there without life support systems, its close enough to the earth that a major calamity that would affect our survival like an asteroid impact would affect the moon as well

I think this is the thought that President Obama had, when he pulled the plug on the funding.

rickles23

Hi,
We did a complete workshop on the moon landing photographs at college and I can assure everyone that there was a color camera that transmitted live color television and a camera that transmitted live video of the Apollo 11 astronaut's moonwalks.

Easiest thing to do is to email NASA... :}

Regards

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer

But you must remember that once the world was deemed to be flat and anyone who spoke out about it tended not to do very well in life afterwards..

This may be of interest...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

treeboa

This may be of interest...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

well thats just ruined my excuses about why i cant take her on long trips, took me ages to convince her n the kids that the seaside was exactly that, a side, a side of the earth and you would fall off  {-)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.

What ever happened to building model boats & do they float on the moon, & how do we get them there ??, take them to Pinewood I suppose or would the fare from Hollywood be cheaper ?, by the way I met Elvis the other day in Mercury & he is well & learning to play guitar. Mick B.
Mick B.

richald

Have look at this BBC News Web page....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14813043

Probably confirms they did land there....

Richard

elvis

hi all.
I think they did get to the moon and land, but I alos think that nasa faked a few pictures.
there was a link on yahoo yesterday that showed the tracks, landing sites and alll the gear that was left on the surface.
the pistures were taken fron 15miles above the surface.
all the best

nhp651

thanks Elvis..........speaking of elvis.....saw him down the local pond the other day, sailing a mississippi stern wheeler, singing Heartbreak Hotel as it sank!!! %% %%

rickles23

Hi,

"sailing a mississippi stern wheeler, singing Heartbreak Hotel as it sank!!! "

Was it overweight?

Regards

nhp651

yep.....think it's name was  Mac   Donald  {-) {-) {-) {-)

rickles23

Yep,
I'll pay that one!
Regards

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

There's a guy down the chips shop 'swears', He's Elvis!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tony52

There's a guy down the chips shop 'swears', He's Elvis!

What a sad story of the singer Kirsty Macoll

Tony.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer

Oh dear, these people who claim the US didnt land on the moon or faked pictures seriously do my head in. If they'd stop for a moment, they'd realise the russians would have been all over thislike a rash if it was faked and, the sheer number of people needed to be involved just makes it impossible to sustain the 'fake.'

This crackpot conspiracy, and that's what it is, only got legs after Capricorn One hit the cinema 10 years after the landings. Before that, nothing!

thegrimreaper

Think the day the earth stood still (old version) NASA landed on the moon were warned not to when the warning was not heeded Apollo 13 was wounded as a further warning to us earth dwellers that we were not welcome in space because we are a waring entity that would upset the status quo of all the other entitys in the galaxy, maybe one day we will be allowed to continue space exploration but only when we have learned to live together in peace

Now beam me up Scotty

Regards

RaaArtyGunner

Obviously der Ruskies are in on the conspiracy thereby keeping the 'space race' alive. %) %) %)

Why did they get rid of Fox & Scully , cause they were getting close to, the truth would set us free  O0 O0 O0

fatcat123

What do we all think of this photo

This is the only occurrence of astronauts visiting a probe sent to another world.

It is of course the apollo 12 guys visiting the Surveyor 3 probe sent to the moon in 1967.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer

What kind of boats do you build grimreaper ?, Scotty may need one to beam you up LOL. Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer

I am leaving in the morning to check all this out ,now Scotty get my rocket ready & remember we need bigger sails this time.
Mick B.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer

Easiest thing to do is to email NASA...
..trouble is, the conspiracy nuts would insist that the reply was a pack of porkies.  Even if you took one up there he would claim that it was all special effects, even as he was floating away.  If he came back as a convert, all of his mates would denounce him as part of the conspiracy, being the kind of people who are unable to let anything get in the way of their obsession, especially when it gets them attention.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

What do we all think of this photo

Second landing on the Moon and it was pinpoint. Awesome flying by Conrad and Bean.

It's a real shame that the camera self-timer they took couldn't be found. There are no high quality still photographs of two astronauts on the Moon together.

And while I'm droning on about ancient history (!) is everyone aware of the Photoshop work done to create some fantastic panoramas? (That's Photoshop as in "stitch images together" and "paint out the fiducial marks".)

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

fatcat123

Yeah anything's possible with photoshop, just look at some glamour mags.

I honestly don't know what to believe. I find it hard to believe that this was achieved with the technology at the time, but then again id like to think that they did do it.

Some observatory shines a laser up to one of the apollo sites where a mirror of some kind was left, in order for distance calculations to be done. That didn't get up there by itself.

On another note, why havnt the russians been up there? or atleast made it public if they had?

Along the same topic of technology, look at voyager 1, some 16 light hours away from earth which equates to something like 10 billion miles. Launched in the 70's and still going strong and its expected to last for another 14 years or so based on its power supply. The point im trying to make is that we've sent hundreds of probes out, a lot of which in the moon landings period, so obviously there was a certain level of technology in which to completely automate or atleast put in place a method of computer radio control, so why couldnt two guys land something with their bare hands?

Another point of mine which i made to an astronomer at my local flying club is how are things kept on trajectory. i.e new horizons probe currently going to pluto. The answer is by using the stars. If they can send these probes to the far reach of the solar system, why cant we stick a few guys on the moon.

I guess we will never know the answer.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

I guess we will never know the answer.

Why would you say that? The progress of rocket science is well documented since the days of the German V2 on which subsequent development was based. Nothing magic about it, just good engineering and an unlimited budget.  (which the Russians couldn't match). The answer is clear enough for those who take the trouble to read up on the subject and develop some understanding of it.

Would you contend that Concorde didn't really exist because the technology of the time was not up to flying at Mach 2 and how could they possibly have managed with dials with needles that went round and round?

A lot of stuff which you think is modern today was actually invented a good deal earlier than you might expect. And just look at something like the complexity of a 15 inch gun turret, capable of throwing a 1920lb shell over 20 miles and able to hit at that range. The original 15 inch turret mechanism was in production before WW1 when if you called a taxi it had a horse on the front!

At the risk of starting a controversy, I would refer to the books of Richard Dawkins, particularly 'Climbing Mount Improbable'. Many people see something like the human eye as being something miraculous but he quite clearly shows how it is simply a logical result of evolution. No magic I'm afraid!

Colin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.