Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116742 times)

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer

I always get a laugh out of this thread.

Olympic/Tiitanic  It wasn't the Titanic that sank but a virtually identical ship with the same name!  :o Think about that one for a while.

Moon Landings   I think F4TCT is closest,  They went but, for some reason, the pictures didn't come out ( PhotoKwik lost them or someone forgot to load the cameras) So NASA used a set created for just this eventuality.   
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Or we just don't know about the failed missions....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

I'm told that some people genuinely believe that the Queen had a Diamond Jubilee this weekend but of course most of us know it was all faked.....

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer

Tut tut Colin !   (Tee hee )   {-)  {-)  O0
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

It's true because there was nothing happening here (Australia) and we would have known.

We know it was all pre-recorded in front of a live audience O0 O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

NickelBelter

• Full Mayhemer

UFO anyone?
I never cared much for stories about UFO,
 yet I watched few documentaries about them, most were rubbish,
this one at least produces some documents about them.
Anyway not the worst I've seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPCKIL7oVw&feature=related

There's a massive coverup involving UFOs going on all around the world. 

The truth is that the 'phenomenon' never amounted to a hill of beans, but it's making a lot of people very rich publishing books, running TV spots and hosting conventions for true believers, so it will continue to go on.  The 'cases' are so bloated by deliberate misinformation that they are impossible to sort out.  People still endorse the Gulf Breeze incident as 'genuine', for example!
I'm interested in tiny versions of regular size things.

cabman

• Full Mayhemer

I can settle these arguments once and for all. They DID land on the moon because I was there and I saw them. Elvis IS alive. He works in a chip shop near us - and swears it's him. QED

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Of course they landed on the moon in 69 Cabman -but why all the fuss?

The Sunday Sport (with pictures) - reported that in WW2 a Lancaster bomber landed on the moon :o
Y'know the pilots never even got a mention - it's all Buzz did this and Neil said that, most unfair.

Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Been off sick this week, daytime TV is truly awful so been surfing a lot of Utube.

I found this series Very interesting.... and honest!
( reliving my childhood I guess.... fantastic! )

Moon Machines: Apollo Guidance Computer
http://youtu.be/Y7sMe52fEAc
http://youtu.be/vU5G9VsoER8

Moon machines - Command Module
http://youtu.be/Puaikmhi7kI

Moon Machines - The Lunar Rover
http://youtu.be/dbpmox-_bDM

Moon Machines - The Saturn V Rocket
http://youtu.be/DqQmoJafQlg

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Neil

• Full Mayhemer

Of course they landed on the moon in 69 Cabman -but why all the fuss?

The Sunday Sport (with pictures) - reported that in WW2 a Lancaster bomber landed on the moon :o
Y'know the pilots never even got a mention - it's all Buzz did this and Neil said that, most unfair.

Dave

I can speak categorically that they did..........a mate of Buz Aldrin's specially brought me back a big lump of Green Cheese that I had asked for...........it was delicious too.!!!

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!

If you really want to watch some truly awful rubbish about why we have never been back to the moon I suggest watching the film "Apollo 18". Whilst it has its moments its a conspiracy nut's dream suggesting that little alien rock monsters live up there and don't like humans very much!!! {-)

The other truly terrible but worth a laugh (just to recognise who some of the characters represent) is Iron Skies which is about the Nazis living in a moon base escaping from Germany after WW2!!! Even my Dad and Mum thought it was hilarious.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

The other truly terrible but worth a laugh (just to recognise who some of the characters represent) is Iron Skies which is about the Nazis living in a moon base escaping from Germany after WW2!!! Even my Dad and Mum thought it was hilarious.

Yes, most amusing!

craggle

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boaty McBoatface

First time I've seen this thread.

Iron Sky is a fantastic film. Fairly low budget but a great production and pretty funny.

I work in the space industry and am currently working on one of the next Mars Rovers, the European Space Agencies ExoMars Rover. I have encountered people through my work that firmly believe the moon landings were faked and no matter how much evidence you provide them with they still refuse to believe you.

I haven't read all the posts here but we did go to the moon, too many people were watching the Americans during the mission and any hint of doubt would have widely publicised by the Russians. The landing sites have all been photographed from orbit on later missions and there is equipment left on the surface that is still in use today.

One more thing, if they were going to fake it, they could have done it but why fake it 6 times?

Craig.
Model Slipway Envoy tug built.
Huge Lifeboat under construction.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

Ponder this,

How many people are actively watching a magician to see how the trick is done but still do not see how it is done.

"Ladies and gentlemen I present the most famous illusion ever, the"

"Moon Landing"

:o :o :o    O0 O0 O0   %) %) %)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats

First time I've seen this thread. 

Join In the Fun !!!

I haven't read all the posts here but we did go to the moon, too many people were watching the Americans during the mission and any hint of doubt would have widely publicised by the Russians. The landing sites have all been photographed from orbit on later missions and there is equipment left on the surface that is still in use today.

One more thing, if they were going to fake it, they could have done it but why fake it 6 times?

Craig.

Photo's Yes But Taken by whom ?,,  Not the Yanks or Russians by any Chance..
Would the Russians have publicised it ?.  probably had to much to lose themselves if they had..
We are told that there is equipment on the surface, Have you seen it personally ?.  :}

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs

We are told that there is equipment on the surface, Have you seen it personally ?.  :}

I haven't been to Cape Canaveral, but I'm reliably informed it exists.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

Andy

Neither have I seen "lochie" but am reliably informed, on the telly recently, that "lochie" is real. :o :o :o

Wait, I hear a tune, "round and round the merry go round"  O0 O0 %% %% {-) {-)

Fox had it right the "truth will set you free"  ;D ;D

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats

Andy

Bit of a difference from Millions of people who have been to CC and taken photos by many different  nationalities, ages etc compared to those few pictures allegedly taken of the landings. To deny CC is ridiculous , to believe in the moon landings is madness.
Sides,  the Supreme Headquarters, Alien Defence Organisation has not been set up yet.. Or has it... 8)

Richtea

• Full Mayhemer

Does anyone really believe that in the middle of the "space race" and at the height of the Cold War the Soviets would willingly collude with their ideological opponents ?

Not to mention the fact that all the lunar landings were triangulated from Jodrell Bank Observatory and its Australian counterpart, The Parkes Observatory to  monitor the orbiting spacecraft in their Lunar orbits.

The Soviets would have loved to discredit the USA had there been any doubt.
Coupled with the Tet Offensive in Vietnam, any doubt over the landings would have been broadcast on every TV station that Moscow could muster.
SI VIS PACEM,
PARA BELLUM

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer

Since I retired recently I have found out how few watchable TV programmes are on during the day, and become disillusioned by the so-called factual documentary channels.

I no longer believe Penguins are real.   

A huge number of these factual documentaries are about UFO cover-ups, Loch Ness, how the Great Pyramid is really an alien space ship.  The proofs are amazing in their naivety, using similar programmes as ‘evidence’. 

If they were on the entertainment or comedy channels I would have no problem, but on Discovery and National Geographic I have to conclude that even the creatures presented by Attenborough are merely spoofs generated in CGI by Industrial Light & Magic.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

To add to the conspiracy,  :o :o :o 

"The Parkes Observatory to  monitor the orbiting spacecraft in their Lunar orbits."

Parkes burnt down not so long back, supposedly by a bushfire but in treality, a cover up (CIA etc)  8) 8) so the landings could not be refuted.  O0 O0 O0

All evidence burnt to a cinder. ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2

Richtea

• Full Mayhemer

To add to the conspiracy,  :o :o :o 

"The Parkes Observatory to  monitor the orbiting spacecraft in their Lunar orbits."

Parkes burnt down not so long back, supposedly by a bushfire but in treality, a cover up (CIA etc)  8) 8) so the landings could not be refuted.  O0 O0 O0

All evidence burnt to a cinder. ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2

I bet it was either Elvis or the missing sniper from the grassy knoll that started the fire.  %%
SI VIS PACEM,
PARA BELLUM

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

:embarrassed:  & our Bob K says ...."I no longer believe Penguins are real"......Bob....them's fighting words.....just ask your colleague Nick B....you know our RAF member who recently spend time way down south with the penguins  %) .....  Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

......... maybe I should have started a different topic!   {-)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

......... maybe I should have started a different topic!   {-)

Or not watch daytime TV  %) %)   {-) {-) {-)

Really we are only trying to cheer you up  O0 O0 :-)) :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.