Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Landings ..... and any other urban conspiracies!  (Read 116738 times)

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!

Too true Bob :-))

I agree that certain things are kept from the public for security reasons, etc, but to believe that engineering achievements were made up and falsified/faked is a joke, especially with so much supporting evidence that can be seen by the general public. Cover ups on this scale wouldn’t be secret for too long as there are too many people involved who aren’t covered by the Official Secrets Act or something similar( and whose to say that they wouldn’t risk saying something they shouldn’t). Most of the theorists haven’t even worked in the industry and probably don’t understand some of the explanations given, carrying on with their theory(s).
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba

Anything heavier than air
is unable to fly?
Prove it  {-) {-)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!

Most of the theorists haven’t even worked in the industry and probably don’t understand some of the explanations given, carrying on with their theory(s).

Absolutely - most are non-technical shut-ins who cannot grasp the straight-forward engineering involved with moon landings so it must be a hoax - or alien technology.
I used to work on cutting edge secret satelite tech - and everything was all just a logical next-step in electronics - no alien tech or 'little greys' helping me.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

As far as the collapse of the twin towers is concerned there was an excellent tv programme on a while back which explained how the combination of the construction of the buildings together with the temperature if the burning jet fuel would have brought about the collapse just as it happened. I found it pretty convincing. A lot more so than the idea of people going about their daily activities while bad guys were setting explosives and wiring detonators around them.

Colin

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!

As far as the collapse of the twin towers is concerned there was an excellent tv programme on a while back which explained how the combination of the construction of the buildings together with the temperature if the burning jet fuel would have brought about the collapse just as it happened. I found it pretty convincing. A lot more so than the idea of people going about their daily activities while bad guys were setting explosives and wiring detonators around them.

Colin

And once one floor collapsed, it fell onto the floor below like a huge pile-driver leading to cascade failure. I read somewhere that each floor was about an acre in size - that's a lots steel & concrete acting as a huge hammer.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer

As far as the collapse of the twin towers is concerned there was an excellent TV programme on a while back which explained how the combination of the construction of the buildings together with the temperature if the burning jet fuel would have brought about the collapse just as it happened. I found it pretty convincing. A lot more so than the idea of people going about their daily activities while bad guys were setting explosives and wiring detonators around them.

Colin

Saw that program (as I have knowledge/interest of construction), and all the others including the US Army Corps of Engineers Investigation.
All raised more questions than they answered if they indeed answered any that is.
Concern was and still is, it would be simple to destroy a building once again by fire.
Being local, you guys can check and compare the temperatures of the recent high rise fire, the one with the flammable facade, with the twin towers temperature that was necessary to completely melt steel.

Just one simple question, the steel frame, namely floor beams, walls, columns had to initially melt to allow a complete floor to collapse in its entirety and simultaneously to allow it to crash onto the floor below and produce a domino effect. Bit of a stretch.

Whereas when you view the controlled demolition of building by explosives that is exactly what happens, namely the floor drops as as a unit onto the one below and so on.

Our Raffy member can enlighten us on the burning characteristics of aviation fuel which I gather has a very rapid short period of combustion.
Muck like cordite, quickly burns up, lots heat but short time period, hence not long enough to melt the steel frame/supports.
Yes steel framed buildings bend and buckle in fires but they have never ever collapsed as in a controlled demolition and add to this not once but twice. C'mon what are the chances that the exact same identical circumstances were produced by two crashes into two separate buildings.
Think about it, speed, amount of fuel, point of impact, depth of penetration into the building, burning time, heat produced, explosion, etc would all need to be identical to produce the same results, (which is what they do with each controlled demolition) in two separate building by inexperienced "pilots".

Also the size of the floors quoted above as one acre, is huge amount of steel and concrete to burn and melt.

There is no doubt they collapsed floor by floor but by fire??????. If there were explosives on board and they detonated, you would need a lot, then yes you could 'blow away' the columns and then the collapse, floor by floor could occur. That raises lots of nasty awkward questions for the authorities, such as how all those explosives got on board and if so then it can happen again?
Not convinced by the 'official' explanation doesn't pass the pub test as we say.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!

Steel melts at about 1300 degC - but is goes soft & bendy at about 700 degC - the hooks holding the beams to the outer wall became too soft to support the weight and bent until the floor collaped. No-one EVER said the steel melted - it's just another one of those 'facts' spread around by the conspiracy nuts.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer

Hi Raaarty

Just to confirm the characteristics of aviation fuel, or Avtur.

Most airline companies use commercial Avtur which has a flash point of about 38 deg C and combusts at 210 deg C, reaching a maximum burning temperature of 2230 deg C. However, with the addition of naphtha which improves cold handling characteristics especially at altitude it has a rather nasty side effect of reducing the flash point to -23 deg C! Avtur likes to be warm to be it’s most efficient when being used inside a gas turbine so all aircraft heat their fuel by allowing the hot air bypass which has the effect of cooling the engines too. Hydraulic systems also pass through heat exchangers which dumps the excess heat into the fuel which keeps the fuel at a useable, efficient temperature.
So you have remember that when those airliners which crashed into the WTO towers were also carrying well over 100 tons of warm fuel with the engines running which would explode on impact. Any fuel not vaporised by the initial impact would pour very quickly from the ruptured fuel tanks adding to the inferno. Once it’s ignited it burns for a long time- we’re told if we don’t catch the initial ignition with our CO2 fire bottles is to run and wait for a fire engine. Other contributing features which people don’t know about aircraft is that they are made from pretty unusual materials which non-techie people would be shocked at by their characteristics. Duralumin, a variation of aluminium, burns furiously but is used because it’s lightweight and strong, the wheels are made from magnesium alloy which if you remember your chemistry lessons at school reacts violently in cold water. When aircraft crash there doesn’t tend to be much left due to fire. Modern aircraft are made from composite materials and are lot more fire resistant but the airliners used in 9/11 were made from conventional materials but to be brutally honest I think the result would still be the same.
Nick B

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!

And all that burning aircraft was inside an office environment - many tons of paper, plastic, wood, chipboard, soft furnishings, carpet etc. that all burn very nastily - a one-acre bonfire on each floor with a good strong wind blowing through to feed the fire.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer

Too true.

Coming back from my fire training last week, we were told that a room quickly become inhabitable only after a few minutes and structurally collapses after approximately 30minutes. The towers were meant to be aircraft resistant (survive an impact) but they didn’t take into account the amount of jet fuel which was essentially dumped into the building and ignited. No building from that era could have survived that kind of inferno. There is no conspiracy cover up on how the towers collapsed, it’s simple engineering and material failures.
Nick B

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer

As they say, don't let science get in the way of a good story....
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb

Documentary I saw about 9/11, showed something like the top 10 or 20 floors had little or no fire retardant insulation on the steel work. This was aware to all relevant authorities and was a major concern at the time. Little did they know what was coming. Some boffin set an experiment up to show what would/could happen, with and without the insulation. Guess what...........the tower collapsed in on itself as most of the supporting steel work was on the outer frame of the building, leaving the central column of the building the weak point.
As has been pointed out several times in this thread, the conspiracy theorists, cannot see the truth put in front of them.
"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!

Wait until the conspiracy nuts talk about WTC7 - an unbalanced building cantilevered over the top of the huge Edison electric substation - it burned due to being set fire by falling debris - but with no firemen or firetrucks left and shattered water mains giving no water pressure, it was just left to burn until the steel softened and down it came.

The nuts claim that no other steel structured building has ever burnt down - so it must have been taken down by explosives......

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer

A Secret can be kept by one person, for two people to keep a Secret one must kill the other. Thus if I tell you I have to kill you.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here

For the 'Flat Earthers there is always the live view from the ISS.
https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/
There are several lenses but one is a wide angle that gives a good idea of the curve of the Earth when it is over the daylight side of our home.
I have yet to hear a good explanation from F E's as to why there is night.  %%

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats

Over a year, you could not let it lye or is it lie  :} :} :}

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer

For the 'Flat Earthers there is always the live view from the ISS.
https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/
There are several lenses but one is a wide angle that gives a good idea of the curve of the Earth when it is over the daylight side of our home.
I have yet to hear a good explanation from F E's as to why there is night.  %%

Live view says who, great film studio shot.. :}

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures

When criticised that their latest lander with an 18cm biosphere might contaminate the moon.
Chinese scientists replied that there are over a hundred bags of human waste on the lunarsurface left by Apollo astronauts.

So the moon landings must have happened. Even Chinese scientists say astronauts have pooped there.
 %)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

Trying to understand with a virtual ZERO atmospheric pressure on the Moon, why didn't the bags of human waste float off into space or orbit?......so when I asked Google this question......

It [Google] took over into Quora   :o  & confirmed my question has been asked to a technical authority :P & I would be answered

Anyone else experienced such a Google response? :embarrassed:
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

Well  :embarrassed:  four response answers within 5 minutes

[looks like I should stick with model ships .....& leave the Galaxy & orbits & atmospheres to others]
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here

It is the same reason that the astronauts did not float off into space from the Moon.  But they did have those long jumps instead of walking.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer

Yes the clangers never floated away either..

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?

Yes the clangers never floated away either..
I occasionally have that problem, but a second flush usually does the job.  %) DM

roycv

• Full Mayhemer

Hi all, before the EU forced us to clean up our beaches 'floaters' were not an uncommon sight on some beaches.  So they do exist!  If the Americans had been in the EU there would have been legislation stopping them leaving crap around like that.

I do worry about the world not being round after all, probably flat.  What is underneath and how thick is it?
On my journey to Oz each year I try to stay awake for that bit where we go through 180 degrees and fly the other way but I always seem to be asleep.
I hope the Chinese will tell us how thick the moon is, now they are hiding on the other side. I also think going to the other side is not sporting and probably against EU rules, which is why we are not allowed to do it.

Any apparent roundness is mainly due to varifocal glasses.  I csn prove the corollary!  I have a set of stanchions that are upright when viewed through my glasses, but trail off at an angle when viewed without my glasses on.  Ergo......
Confused,
Roy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.