Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motor Mixing Lifeboat  (Read 1949 times)

Daz45

Motor Mixing Lifeboat
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:41 am »

Hi every1

Just finished installing electronics into my 1/16th trent, its running twin motors with independant ESC and batteries.

I have connected port motor to throttle (Channel 3) & the starboard motor to Elevator (Channel 2)

I have a Futaba 6EX-PCM transmitter which allows mixing. I have played around with transmitter but cant seem to get it to do what i want.

In an ideal world i would like both motors to run off the throttle (channel 3) except when i flick a switch on the transmitter (gives the option of channel 5 in the 2 programmable mixing functions) when they will become independant so i can go 1 stick forward and 1 back and get it tho turn on the spot at low speed etc.

When i try and program trans it just gives me the function of +/- 100% when channel 5 is switched on.

Does anybody know if there is something i can do on the trans, or if there is something electronic i can buy that will allow me to do this. As i still want to use the right stick to control the rudders a normal 2ch boat/car.

Thanx

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Motor Mixing Lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:02:33 am »

Hi Darren, and welcome to the forum.

Talk to Dave Milbourn of ACTion Electronics, Full Leather Jacket on this forum. Look for his name on some posts, and send him a Personal message (PM). He makes a great unit called the P94, which will do everything you want.

You can also go to his web site here [url]http://www.action-electronics.co.uk//url]

Peter.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 08:51:01 am »

Are you sure you can mix those two channels? I don't have my manual available (packed ready to move house) but I know that you can only mix certain channels via the Tx.

Barrie

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:52:51 am »

Speak to Ghost in the Shell (Mark), he uses the mixes on his transmitter.....

Russ

787Eng

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:53:42 pm »

Use ELEVON Mixing :-))

Thats what I use in my Imara. Spins on the funnel
With external mixers you are limited to what the MFr of the mixer wishes you to have. with the radio you have you control the mix.
I do all sorts of clever things with my DX7 like compensate for slight speed differences in motors and hence a drift when running.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.