Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New website for Keil Kraft EeZeBilt models...  (Read 38854 times)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
New website for Keil Kraft EeZeBilt models...
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:34:08 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Over the last couple of weeks I have been putting up a website to pay tribute to the old KK EeZeBilt range of 1950s models (50 years old last Christmas!)

It is at http://modelboats.hobby-site.com . Most of those who have been kindly helping me on the Forum will already know about it, but Martin pointed out that this was the correct place to make such an announcement, so I have taken the liberty of giving it a topic of its own...

Go there to see pictures of the model boats you built all those years ago. Download some of the (few) plans I have up there to give to any young modellers of your acquaintance, and if you should chance to get your hands on one of the few (and expensive!) kits which occasionally pop up on ebay, or from old model shop stock - please consider scanning the die-cut parts and the box artwork and sending a copy to me before revisiting your childhood!

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New website for Keil Kraft EeZeBilt models...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:58:25 pm »

Brilliant site well done. I'll keep my eyes open for odd bits for you.  :-))
Steamed up all the time

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:54 pm »

Oh, Steamboat - I put your Triton picture up on the site. Hope it's OK - check and if it's not I'll remove it....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 01:06:46 pm »

Very nice! Unfortunately I have been forbiden by my wife from 'cluttering up the place with useless junk'! Mermaids are not very rare, though this one looks in good condition...

Since the box is already open, perhaps the eventual buyer will feel like scanning the diecut sheets and instructions, and contributing some pdfs to the EeZeBilt site? We already have a set of Terrier die-cuts I am just about to put up, courtesy of ManintheStreet, and Chingdevil's Curlew instructions went up last night.... 

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »

Hi, all....go and have a look at Kiwi's work on the Terrier EeZeBilt plans - I think you'll be impressed.... http://modelboats.hobby-site.com/terrier.html

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »

Hi, all....go and have a look at Kiwi's work on the Terrier EeZeBilt plans - I think you'll be impressed.... http://modelboats.hobby-site.com/terrier.html

Brilliant!  Does anyone know how much it might cost to get these parts laser cut professionally?

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »

Brilliant!  Does anyone know how much it might cost to get these parts laser cut professionally?

I think Kiwi is onto that, and we will probably hear from him in a while.

He already does a line of footy yachts, and, I am sure, a great many other things as well. I am very tempted to do a 2x scale Terrier, built with 1/8" balsa inside. It would RC well, and I could take it to a scale meeting and mark it as 2:1, rather than 1:36.....

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:11 am »

I'm quite surprised to find that 10-20 people per day hit the EeZeBilt site. There must be something there!

At the moment we have plans for a Terrier, Curlew and Triton. We hope to get a Neptune sometime. So we still need scans for the:

Mermaid
Otter
Cresta (rare!)

If anyone has access to one of these old kits please consider sending in a scan of the die-cut parts, instructions and box art.....

On the new plans contributions side, we have an RAF Crash Tender, and, in a week or so:

a Steam Launch
a Fairey Swordsman
a Tamar Lifeboat
and possibly a Chris-Craft?

If anyone remembers the KK EeZeBilt series and wants to design a new one in the same style, we will be happy to add it to the collection. In the meantime, why not download some plans, cut out the parts, and give them to your kid as a Christmas present? It will only cost about £1 for the balsa, and the idea behind this site is to get kids building again.... 

andygh

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:05:59 pm »

Hi Dodgy G. I don't know how I missed your website but I'm sure glad I've now found it, brilliant stuff  :-))

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:18 pm »

Hi Dodgy G. I don't know how I missed your website but I'm sure glad I've now found it, brilliant stuff  :-))

Kind of you to say so, Andygh, but it wouldn't have much stuff in it without the other Mayhemer's contributions.
They are acknowledged on the site, but I should mention ManintheStreet, who contributed a Terrier kit to start the ball rolling, and Kiwi, who is responsible for those superb Terrier line drawings. We have also got Curlew scans from ChingDevil, and I hope to get  the complete set of boats over a year or so.

If you see any EeZeBilt memorabilia, do shout! And if you fancy trying your skills as a designer, there's the 50+ range to build up. I'm hoping to get a lifeboat out before Christmas, and to start encouraging people to cut out a few plans and give them to their kids/nephews/significant juniors as a present....

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:20:11 pm »

Well, we are going to have a little Christmas present for anyone who is interested in the KK EeZeBilts. I have just acquired an example of the rarest of the range - the withdrawn Cresta outboard motor boat. Don't ask how much for!

The scans will be going up over the next week - the instruction sheets are there at the moment - enjoy....

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 05:51:27 pm »

Well, we are going to have a little Christmas present for anyone who is interested in the KK EeZeBilts. I have just acquired an example of the rarest of the range - the withdrawn Cresta outboard motor boat.
The scans will be going up over the next week ...

All scans of the Cresta die-cut parts are now up on the Eezebilt web site. Now, to complete the set, we just need the:

- Mermaid
- Otter
- Neptune

So if anyone has any of these in their collections...

dbninja

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 06:45:15 pm »

Dodgy

there is an unbuilt otter on ebay at the mo!

db

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately, picking up that Cresta has left relations with my wife somewhat strained! It would be wise for me not to tempt fate twice, just before Christmas...

pneumatician

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 07:21:38 am »

Dodgy,       If anyone remembers the KK EeZeBilt series and wants to design a new one in the same style, we will be happy to add it to the collection. In the meantime, why not download some plans, cut out the parts, and give them to your kid as a Christmas present? It will only cost about £1 for the balsa, and the idea behind this site is to get kids building again....   

There is a similar website for the Easibuilt Aeroplanes and that is exactly what I have done. Made a kit for Xmas. Probably try and include a boat as well now.  Beats "West Wings " prices at £6 for a chuck glider in a nice box.

Steve 

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:34 am »

There is a similar website for the Easibuilt Aeroplanes and that is exactly what I have done. Made a kit for Xmas. Probably try and include a boat as well now.  Beats "West Wings " prices at £6 for a chuck glider in a nice box.

Steve 

Good luck with that! I would be very interested to see any pictures if you do one...

Yes, there are several sites which hold the aircraft - there is the US site - http://www.parmodels.com/  or one of the UK sites, such as http://www.thestuarts.eclipse.co.uk/gliders.htm or http://www.ffscale.co.uk/ .

When I was thinking about gathering this information and making it available to all, the first thing I did was contact one of these sites and ask if they wanted the data to start a boat page as well as an aircraft page. I would rather be boating (or sitting in front of the fire with a drink in my hand!) than toiling over a set of web pages!

They replied that their site was about aircraft, so they didn't want any boats on it.

I don't know why the aircraft fraternity seems to look down their noses at us - perhaps it's because they spend so much time with their heads back looking upwards...? But it would have been a lot easier (and cheaper) for me to have just passed info to them. And they seem to be much better at web design...

Still, their loss is our gain. They have a lot more models to collect - I have only got three to go! And I will include modern designs which are more practical for R/C. Unfortunately I haven't got things going quite as quickly as I'd hoped  for Xmas, but Kiwi's Terrier lines are superb - I have made up a kit of those for a kid who will be coming round here and it only took an hour or so. You can get nearly all of one Terrier (all apart from the bottom skin) from one sheet of 1/16" balsa. And a kid can make this on his own, and it will really work.....

dbninja

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 09:10:17 am »

Dodgy

i was sorting through some old plans i had tucked under my bench at work and i found a really nice  plan for a 16/17" Fairey Swordsman in balsa, drawn by Phil Connolly.
 looks like it was a free plan from model boats magazine many moons ago.

would be happy to send you a copy if it helps with the eeze bilt Swordfish project :-))

db

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 11:31:42 am »

Dodgy

i was sorting through some old plans I had tucked under my bench at work and i found a really nice  plan for a 16/17" Fairey Swordsman in balsa, drawn by Phil Connolly. -  looks like it was a free plan from model boats magazine many moons ago.

would be happy to send you a copy if it helps with the eeze bilt Swordfish project :-))

db

DB,

a very kind offer!

I built the frame of an 18" Swordsman without checking any lines, and made the V much too flat. Kiwi reckoned that he could do a 12", and has just about finished this now - though he's working over Christmas, and we will probably see the results in the new year.

I may well complete the flatty swordsman, just to see how it performs, but I probably won't put it on the web site, since it's so off scale. If you can scan the PC plan (probably a couple of PDFs?) that would give me an added prompt to redesign and put out a better 18" version.

What do you think of the 12" Tamar so far? I am finding that trying to do scale-ish boats without any reference material (beyond a picture off the internet) is a bit iffy, and suspect that I have made a cross between a Tamar and a Severn...... 

DG

dbninja

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 12:46:42 pm »

Dodgy
pm me your address and i will pop you a copy in the post...  scanner not working since a major computer crash and a "format C" :((

wont be till i return to work on the 4th Jan tho as i ermm....   left it at work!   its a nice plan to have in your collection

the lifeboat is looking good...  wouldnt worry too much about building a super scale model..   ezebilt = stand-off scale is the way to go!

looks like you are having loads of fun with this project, sometimes its just nice to keep things simple and fun ,hence my love of Aerokits boats

db

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »

Dodgy
pm me your address and i will pop you a copy in the post... 

Will do

looks like you are having loads of fun with this project, sometimes its just nice to keep things simple and fun ,hence my love of Aerokits boats

db

loads of fun  also = loads of work, but I think it's worth doing. It's a shame I'm pretty useless at web design, but at least the data is out there. These plans would just have got lost otherwise, as many better plan ranges probably already are. Who sees any indication of the MarineCraft range nowadays? Still, watch this space - I hope to have another set of plans shortly...!

I suspect my selection of a Crash Tender and a Swordsman indicates my love of the Aerokits range also! One thing that constantly bugs me is that JoTika bought up the rights many years ago, and announced their intention of bringing out the whole range. But only the Sea Queen has ever been released.

I am very tempted to publish a 1/2 size set of balsa plans for each of the Aerokits range, so that aficionados of the boats can have something to make while they are waiting, but I suspect JoTika would be onto me like a shot, especially if I used the same names....But surely it can't take this long to re-tool for a Sea Nymph?   

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 01:23:35 pm »

Triton and Curlew cutting lines are now up on the site for anyone who wants them....

DG

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 01:36:59 pm »

Don't forget the weblink!  O0

http://modelboats.hobby-site.com/
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 02:09:30 pm »

Ah, Martin - I was trying to avoid too much advertising! 

But the Curlew, in particular, has been a very popular download for the die-cut sheets - more so than the Terrier, which surprised me! Contributed by ChingDevil, of Mayhem fame...

Well done, ChingDevil! We are starting to match the vintage aircraft plans preservation people on their own ground....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.