Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smit Rotterdam plan  (Read 5275 times)

pic

Smit Rotterdam plan
« on: July 24, 2009, 04:09:10 pm »

Hi!I am from Romania and I'm very impressioned of al this work.I saw that majority work with kits.I want to build from zero,so I need the plans for this tug.
Anybody have plans of construction for Smit Rotterdam,or the drawing for the ribs?
I'd be very gladly if you have.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

pic

Re: Smit Rotterdam plan
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:36:35 am »

Thanks,but I can't work with this plan.It is to little.I need the plan for the ribs.I have one plan with the ribs,but there is a problem.On an A4 drawing there are half numbers of ribs on a scale and half at another scale,and I can't modified them.

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:43:42 am »

In the (http://www.steinhagen-modelltechnik.de/htm/igl-smit-london.htm)  drawing the rib profiles are in the upper left corner of the top drawing. The right half of the drawing section shows the rib profile from the bow, the  left half from the stern. These are standard drawings for showing rib profiles and stations. The station numbers should be marked along the keel portion of the drawing.
  You can go to a copy shop, or trace them yourself, to give you the full rib profile for each rib. Cut out the paper with the rib profile and glue to plywood/styrene/whatever and cut out your ribs. If you use a copy shop you can have the drawings enlarged to whatever size you wish to make the vessel in.

John

pic

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:43 am »

Ok but the draw is so little and when I try to enlarge it I can't understand nothing.Mabe the draw is in a format that my computer does not read it well.

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 09:15:23 am »

the web site only shows a sample image of the drawings. They expect you to send off to them for the drawings. The drawings they send you are in 1/48 scale which will make a good sized vessel. Here's the translation for the wording on the site:

Industrial union Lloyd model construction plan high sea-salvage tractor SMIT LONDON This high sea-salvage tractor belongs to the highest performance ships of this kind world-wide. With 22.000 HP and 100 t stake course is the SMIT LONDON in the position to drag heaviest objects over long distances or help regardless of the wind and sea-conditions large ships in distress. SMIT LONDON and SMIT ROTTERDAM were built 1975 for the Smit internationally for high sea, dragging and salvage shipping company. The two strong tractors were conceived particularly for dragging of heavy objects (like e.g. offshore construction works) over far distances and as salvage vessels. The extensive drawing set does not leave desires open regarding detailing. Side view and Hauptschnitte, cover supervision with details, opinions and details of superstructures, drive system as well as detail of the towing gear and fitting are represented. These bulligen ships are not only equipped with very high performance delete pumps and delete monitors naturally. Bow thrusters and variable-pitch propellers make the ships very well maneuverable. The drawing set on a scale 1:50 covers 5 sheets.

It looks like he wants 79 Euros for the drawings
  Here's his catalogue: http://www.steinhagen-modelltechnik.de/download/smt-Gesamtkatalog-2008-IV.pdf

John

pic

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 10:53:43 am »

It is very expensive for me,plus at 280 euros you can get the kit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.