Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos of Australia  (Read 5310 times)

hopeitfloats

Re: Photos of Australia
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 09:32:29 am »

the croc.  man alive you would walk on water if you turned around and saw that following . looks like it could eat a person for a snack.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 07:59:45 am »

Some more photos taken on our recent caravan trip up to Queensland. We stayed at Hervey Bay for 3 weeks, and the first two shots were taken only 20 metres from our caravan.

Fairbairn Dam is near Emerald in the central highlands of Queensland, and forms Lake Maraboon, which covers nearly 38,000 acres - it's huge!

The Blackdown Tableland is 160 km west of Rockhampton, and is about 800 metres above sea level.

The 2 photos of our car and caravan were taken on Wednesday 23rd September 2009 in the caravan park at Goondiwindi, on the Queensland - New South Wales border, in the middle of Australia's worst dust storm for 70 years. We drove home in dust all the way, 460 kilometres of it.

Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 08:50:04 am »

Have you got all the mess cleaned up yet Peter??

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 02:10:46 pm »

Peter,

Your pic of Flinders Street Station reminded me of one of our first trips to Melbourne.
We were there for a week and I wanted to get a pic of the Station all lit up at night
So we had a good night out and arrived and parked for the perfect photo very little
car movement and all lights blazing, got the Camera out on the roof of the car and
played with the settings everything was perfect now take the shot, as I pressed the
button on the Camera it was the precise time they turned out the lights.............. {-)

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:50 pm »

Barry, yes, we have the mess cleaned up now, but there's a possibility another dust storm is headed towards the coast. The weather people say it won't be as bad as last Wednesday, as the winds are nowhere near as strong - I hope they're right  O0

Peter.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 05:01:29 pm »

how was it cleaned up? Sweeping would surely just have sent it all to somewher else (New Zealand?) and washing it all off everything would make a nonsense of reports of a draught. Big vacuum cleaners? BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 03:26:51 am »

Bryan, I washed my car and caravan, no drought where we live, and the house was vacuumed. The follow up strong winds blew the rest away and yes, some of it DID end up in New Zealand, so there are parts of NZ that really belong to Australia  O0

Peter.

kiwi

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 07:11:37 am »

And if you want it back, just come and get it. Your welcome, even requested to.
And while your here getting that, collect all your pesky possums as well, ok.
cheers
kiwi %%

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 09:58:31 am »

Sorry KIWI...we have it on good authority  O0...that when our Mr K Ruddy gets back from his latest jaunt >>:-(....he will get Mr W Swaney   %% to prepare a bill or invoice for 2000 tonnes of the best OZ top soil  O0.......I am not sure how you guys from NZ will pay it?

PS....latest reports from the University of Wollongong   :o now suggest that possums were not unique Australian marsupials   {:-{ ...........but descended from Europe to the sub Continent....then to lower Asia & came down via the land bridge to OZ all those years ago  %% :-) %) ........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 11:16:31 pm »

Kiwi, think of all the jobs created by the possum fur industry in New Zealand....all those lovely warm possum / merino socks and pullovers  {-) {-)

Peter.

kiwi

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 06:12:02 am »

Yup, even had me a possum skin hat (ala davy crocket) when a lad.
Re the invoice, guess we could send some more of the endangered aussie wallabies which we grow so well here. Seems they do better here than home.
cheers
kiwi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.