Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: battery meter  (Read 2172 times)

levs

battery meter
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:14 pm »

hi, i have seen a few volt/amp meters that are fitted to boat that let you know the life left in your batts, fixed to the boat, like a v u meter, does anyone have any help with hoe to get hold and fit these to a 7.2v boat?

thanks

FullLeatherJacket

Re: battery meter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:19:16 pm »

http://store.modelpower.co.uk/onboard-receiver-battery-checker-149-p.asp

There are other types available from this supplier. I don't recall E-Bay sponsoring this Forum. Why not support traders who do?

BJ

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:15:20 pm »

have seen a few volt/amp meters that are fitted to boat that let you know the life left in your batts, fixed to the boat, like a v u meter, does anyone have any help with hoe to get hold and fit these to a 7.2v boat?

Try http://www.smservices.net/acatalog/Voltage_Monitors.html. Not just for aircraft, their monitors are quite good in my boats.

class37

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 12:48:08 am »

Hi guys,
just been looking at this thread, and I have to ask what no doubt is a stupid question...

here goes

do these units let you see the state of your rx battery WHILE YOU ARE SAILING, ie can the red and green leds be fitted so that they can be seen, or are these units meant for pre sailing / flying checks.

one that can tell you it is time to head for harbour sounds a pretty good idea, but from reading these it sounds as though they are only for use when you are by the model.

probably I'm reading it wrong, but bear with me, please.

cheers

alan

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 01:53:22 am »

Hi guys,
just been looking at this thread, and I have to ask what no doubt is a stupid question...

here goes

do these units let you see the state of your rx battery WHILE YOU ARE SAILING, ie can the red and green leds be fitted so that they can be seen, or are these units meant for pre sailing / flying checks.

one that can tell you it is time to head for harbour sounds a pretty good idea, but from reading these it sounds as though they are only for use when you are by the model.

probably I'm reading it wrong, but bear with me, please.

cheers

alan

I had a thought... maybe you could set a mast/deck/cabin light to either come on or go out when the drive battery voltage drops below a set level
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.