Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reversing shaft  (Read 2666 times)

hover tim

reversing shaft
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:24:44 pm »

Hi all i have got a Pelikam brushless motor its a ray C3542/06 to be preciese anway at the moment the the shaft is sticking thrught the normal end http://www.puffinmodels.com/category.php?dept=160  but i would like to move the shaft back so its sticking out of the back instead can this be done and if so how easy on a different note i am trying to find some lagre pusher prrops 4 blades but cant for the life of me find any ha anyone come across any

monarch

Re: reversing shaft
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:58:45 pm »

Hi
If its an outrunner, which it appears to be I don't think that you can reverse the shaft without major Eng works, if you look at the drive end there should be a small C clip that holds the shaft in.  Did it come with a prop adaptor that bolts onto the rotating case, can this not be modified to drive what you want with the fixed part mounted in the boat.
Hope that helps
Monarch

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:35:07 pm »

can't help you with the motor , but for props try westbournes or cornwall models for off the shelf ones up to 150mm and M5 ,i think.
if they aint big enough then give prop shop a call.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

nick_75au

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:21 am »

Remove the circlip on the fixed end, loosen the grubscrew on the rotating end that secures it to the shaft, push shaft through, tighten grubscrew. if second groove on shaft at end, replace circlip.
thats it
Regards
Nick

hover tim

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:33 am »

there is another washer like clip on the motor shaft thats underneth the circlip i asume that theat need to come out as thanks for the prop shop link should of said its a large 4 blade pusher props for a hovercraft using aircraft props

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 12:34:11 pm »

Hovertim

you may be interested in my solution re driving props from a brushless motor and four blade props. - see attached photos.

The shafts are tubes soldered onto the output shaft from the motor. Supported through Tamiya ball races they drive two normal props fixed in tandem . They dont have to be special pusher props - just use normal props with the driving side facing rearwards ( make sure they are rotating the correct way)

It works - believe me !!

Don B.

hover tim

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 01:11:01 pm »

nice idea but i would need someone to make me a custom prop adapter as the one i have on at the moment is not long enough and i dont fancy splicing props

hover tim

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »

After a chat at the locl pond today i have manged to removed the shaft by tapping out using a nail punch then i put a flat on the shaft and put it back the way i want and all seems fine i can now use the vario props i had on before thats for the help

Tim

nick_75au

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 08:06:12 am »

Sweeet... :-))
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.