Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil Tanker Ocean Chie  (Read 5082 times)

andygh

Oil Tanker Ocean Chie
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:53:40 am »

Whack the volume right up  O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgum6OT_VH8

barryfoote

Re: Oil Tanker Ocean Chie
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:58:45 am »

A great looking Tanker.....but she must have been hijacked by some ***Moderated - potentially offensive comment retracted by, and removed at request of the poster*** making a noise on the deck!!!Most worrrying...  ;) ;)

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:59:10 am »

Hello

She's not an oil tanker : a bulker (ore, coal, grain...)   :}

A+ Xtian

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:18 am »

Hi all.......no she's not an oil tanker ...nor by design a bulker for ore, coal or grain...by design she is simply a cargo vessel with deck cranes to load & discharge cargo..............although I must agree with Footski....she should not have been in that location...Derek  :police:  
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:54:43 am »

Hello Derek

Taratata I know that she's not a bulker like the ones seen most of the time in Australia but she's right a bulker  O0

Australia is one of the biggest exporter or ore and most of bulkers coming there are very large ones - All australian harbour have equipment to load.

But most of middle size bulkers are built with cranes and there is a very simple way to distinguate those bulkers from "regular" cargo because of the device (I don't know the english name) used to load and unload the ore, coal etc...

Inside de cargo there is no way to load something different than ore, coal, grain or thing like that

Those devices are stored between the cargo old

A+ Xtian

andygh

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:06 pm »

[quote]***Original comment retracted - see reply #1***[/quote]

No, they are not ***see above***, they are a trio of very popular and talented musicians and I utterly condemn that idiotic attitude

barryfoote

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 04:35:49 pm »

Opps very sorry.....Someone lost their sense of humour??  >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o As for being an idiot well I had better not reply as it will only cause upset!!!!     <*< <*< <*<

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 04:43:30 pm »

Hello

Picking up images (to explain why she right a bulker ship)  I've seen this clip 3 or 4 times and I agree with Andygh they are playing a nice music.

But I know Footski and I have to say that I'm sure it was humour from him.

A+Xtian       

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:58 pm »

Opps very sorry.....Someone lost their sense of humour??  >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o As for being an idiot well I had better not reply as it will only cause upset!!!! <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<
You know Barry, I've never thought of you as an idiot, now having watched that video I'm sure you're not. Someone have a sense of humour overload then ?  {:-{ %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

andygh

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 05:52:59 pm »

You'd be quite amused to have relatives of yours described as "drug soaked morons"? Fair enough, haha

barryfoote

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »

You'd be quite amused to have relatives of yours described as "drug soaked morons"? Fair enough, haha

Yes as one of mine is........but it was meant as a little humour.

andygh

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 06:43:41 pm »

Fine, let's leave it at that shall we?

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 11:12:49 pm »

mmmmmmmmmmm. :o ..I certainly missed those bucket grabs A+Xtian        .....I am familiar with Japanese IHI [built under licence to Norwinch] deck cranes........the grab tripping wire hydraulic circuit was problematic on the Iron Kerry & Iron Kestrel ....In OZ we have different slang sayings and I was told that the owners of both vessels were the Kolnacolondus Group from Werris Creek......when I  questioned Werris Creek  {-) %% :the answer came back...... %) Kolnacolondus Group ...London Greeks  8)

{-) which reminds me of a different story

25 years ago the BHP Iron Pacific was en-route down the western coast of Australia heading for Kembla

Message on the bridge radio .... this is the US xxx warship  :police: - on heading xyxyx collision course 10 miles - direct you to alter course

Response was.....this is Australian vessel - Iron Pacific - 165,000 tonnes on heading yxyxy @ 15 knots - request you move .....

Displacement diplomacy prevailed......Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.