Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Chaser in club enduro  (Read 2655 times)

Damien

Sub Chaser in club enduro
« on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:20 am »

Have been talked into running SC110 in the Surrey Park MBC 1hr enduro this coming sunday.
With a 12v x 2800mAh AA cell pack and the motor pulling 150mA at full throttle captive in my test tank I think i'll conk out long before the boat does, i'll grab one of the club chairs and a clear viewing spot and it should be fun dodging the yachts that will  also be in this event.

Damien.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Sub Chaser in club enduro
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:45:36 pm »

Good luck Damien   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Mark47

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:43 pm »

Coffee, coffee.......and a red bull now and again!

Take your chances....All the best in your endeavour. :-))

DARLEK1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:20 am »

C'mon guys, I take this to be only lasting for an hour? Please correct me if I am wrong???

Paul... %)

madrob

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 02:05:09 am »

Years ago didnt we used to have a 24 hour endurance race?

Damien

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 06:13:05 am »

Rob
One hour will definately be an enduro for me, myself and I, if i turn my head the wrong way & double vision kicks in with 40 boats on the pond picking which is  actually mine from the now 80 boats on the pond will be troublesome. A days sailing is usually around 10 minutes for me i'm decicated a 5hr round trip for 10 mins on the water I call dedication to the hobby, so give me a break please as i sure i'm not the decrepit old fart who enjoys his hobby as best he can.

Damien. 

madrob

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:22 pm »

a 24 hour event wouldnt be for me either, would be asleep after the first hour %)

No offence meant Damien. :-))

Damien

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 02:19:56 am »

None taken Rob,
This enduro is one hour with model moving on the water, no battery changes, or  water top up for boilers and if model returns to the dock your event is over. I assume this also covers yachts if no wind and yachts dead on water their event is also over.
It is also open to models of all types.
This is the closest our club has to a competition of any type, it is strictly a FUN club without the associated problems that arrive with competitive spirted membership. 
Damien.

Damien

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:37 am »

Was a great day bright and sunny, very chilly though with wind chill it was 1degC as i rode my scooter to the r/w station 18 competitors around the biggest triangle officials  could manage on our pond. The winning had 42 laps equal second had 38 laps  one of these boat was a 6ft x 18' cabin cruiser with so much wake he swamped several boats and just pushed  others out of the way. 3 small gifts were handed out to 1st and 2nd place getters, i'm not sure of my place in the scores but did achieve 33 laps.

But the best effort for the went to Scottie Mc Innes a severly disabled member who  managed 22 laps using his wheelchair controls that has been rigged to his transmitter by a fellow club member, so that he can operate his tug boat. 

Throughout the hour i did come to realise why the Admiralty use Grey on ships!!!!
IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE AGAINST RIPPLED WATER AT A DISTANCE.

Several members who collided with me mentioned how hard it was to see after i'd decided that myself.
Cheers Damien.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:19:44 pm »

33 not out... almost better than the English cricket team!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.