Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madmodder link goes up in smoke  (Read 2872 times)

Solitary Sailor

Madmodder link goes up in smoke
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:50:51 pm »

Is anyone else having trouble getting on to the 'Madmodder.net' website? I keep getting a "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" error message. Frustrating for those of us who are into steam engineering.  >>:-(

bogstandard

Re: Madmodder link goes up in smoke
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:04:46 pm »

DON'T PANIC !!!!!!!!!!

We are just changing over to a dedicated server.

It takes about 24 hours to do the full swap over, then we will be up and running again, with hopefully a much better site, spell checker etc.

I know withdrawal symptoms kick in fairly quickly, but if you can go cold turkey for just a little longer, you can soon have another fix.

Bogs

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:22:50 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Solitary Sailor

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:24:39 pm »

Panic ... PANIC ... I was freaking out  :o :o :o

I had just discovered your excellent repair thread for that beautiful 'Marcher'  when my CPU died a natural death of old age, it gave up the ghost and rolled over, went to join the choir invisible, never to be started again. So I girded my loins and high tailed it over to the nearest 'Best Buy' (one of the ...ahem ... less expensive  purveyors of such necessary utilities). Got myself a new CPU ... complete with the dreaded 'Windows Vista' - YUCK, yuck, yuck. Get myself all loaded up, finding now that half my old program's don't run all that well with Microsoft's wonderful new and improved products ... busily entering many known past web links ..  go to the above mentioned site to continue on with a fascinating read ... and what do I find ... but a bloody great raspberry  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Thanks for the heads up Bogs. I shall duly wait patiently for the return of Madmodders

bogstandard

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:58 pm »

Yes Martin, I had aready seen that thread.

Unfortunately, to me, that is very similar to building locos or traction engines, very long term projects, and even though I do appreciate the fantastic workmanship and dedication that goes into them, I do like to see an engine doing work. OK locos and traction engines do eventually get to do some, but a bit too long a project for my liking. Now an engine for a boat is a different kettle of fish. Even a long build would be most probably less than six months, so allowing very easy gratification.

SolSail,

The Marcher engine is in fact unfinished. It needs to come back to me eventually to have the bottom end refurbished, and some mods doing to the top end to make it easier to get the engine timing done, as on the original drawings, the threads used were much too coarse to set the timing spot on. But it isn't just a matter of changing the threads, everything that they screw into to make the adjustment needs to be remade as well.

Unfortunately, a personal crisis on my part has put off getting the engine into the workshop to get it done. It looks very much like the New Year at the earliest before I can take projects like that on again.

When of course I do get to refurbing it, Madmodder will be the place to see it.

Bogs

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:04:30 pm »

Lots of Stuart Turner engines driving the auxilliarys on that Martin, think the last count was Five.

Regards  Ian.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOps tried to kill the post, already on.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Solitary Sailor

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:00:38 am »

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOps tried to kill the post, already on"

Nothing really to kill here Ian ... Bogs has answered the question ... end of  ok2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.