Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTR SEVEN LIFEBOAT, CIRCUIT BOARD  (Read 1840 times)

Bluechrisp

RTR SEVEN LIFEBOAT, CIRCUIT BOARD
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:15:54 am »

Hello all,

Has anybody seen/worked on the circuit board for the seven lifeboat, as you maybe aware it's on the broad 27 mhz range, so gets wiped out when with other 27 mhz boats, is there away to find which part is the RX and replace it with a dedicated crystal, so there would be no need to convert, as I and others have done so.  :-))

cheers

CP

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RTR SEVEN LIFEBOAT, CIRCUIT BOARD
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:03:46 am »

Basically, no.
The broadly tuned RX would need complete replacement as there are no, or very few, parts that could be considered common, and the problem then is that a "normal" RX not only tunes to the frequency, but does decoding functions as well to provide the servos with a "standard" format of signal that they can work to. 
The integrated systems used in these boats usually use their own format of control signal.  By this means they get to use any cost reducing gimmick that works for them. 
After replacing the RX section you would need to replace the control sections as well.  That sounds like the conventional full conversion, and it is.
Sometimes radical new ideas are a breakthrough and wonderful, but more often, you find that conventional ways became conventional because they worked. 
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Bluechrisp

Re: RTR SEVEN LIFEBOAT, CIRCUIT BOARD
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:24:43 pm »

Hello Malcolm,

Sorry for the delay, it was an idea... I do have these from time to time  %) just trying to keep the weight down if I work on this other RTR seven I have, and keep the engines in place.... maybe something else....

Thanks again

CP  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.