Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT  (Read 4251 times)

seahawk 1

TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

I have taken quite a liking to this kit, so have to ask; what is NOT in the kit?  Have many years building R/C boats and have, more than likely, all the electronics/adhesives/etc, required to complete.  I ask due to being in the US, this 'kit' will set me back about $1300.00. Have requested a shipping quote from Tyne, but no response to date.  What else is needed?  Wood? Plastic?

Thanks,
Mike

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »

These kits make very detailed models when finished. I believe they are supplied as semi kits with detailed GRP hull, pre-shaped GRP wheel house/bridge (you need to cut out the windows, port holes, doors, etc), funnel details, etc, plus a number of essential fittings (cast in pewter I think). The purchaser will need to buy other detailing parts and all the RC gear. The person to contact on this forum about these impressive models is Chipchase. I think he's built several Tyne Models kits to a very high standard.

All the best
Simon  %%

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

Hi Mike
As Simon has said this makes up into a very nice model and I donít think you will be disappointed. The only thing thatís not in the kit is an instruction book. Everything else is supplied. As you have had some experience of building models I donít think you will have a problem with any of their kits. Tyne Models have recently started to produce quite a lot of the big fittings in resin, these are up to a very high standard. There are still a lot of the smaller fittings like brake handles and clutches still produced in pewter. I have included two photos in this reply, one is the model that I built and the other is of the contents of the kit that was supplied to me when I purchased it from Tyne Models.

Hope this helps.

Brian

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »

Lovely model Chipchase! How do you achieve such a good paint finish on your models?

Simon  :o

seahawk 1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:08:16 AM »

Thanks for all the input, very nice build! You guys are great.

mike

over_powered84

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:49 AM »

Nice Spindrift There Chipchase, Do You Have Pics of Your Build?

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:14:58 AM »

Hi Simon and over powered84

I use acrylic car paint from the local car accessory shop. Some accessory shops will mix paint you need in spray cans. When I built the Spindrift the nearest colours I could get was Ford Baltic blue (semi matt) for the hull and Alabestro (semi matt) for the superstructure. I have use red oxide primer as an under coat on all of the models that I have built.

Unfortunately I only have a few photos of the Spindrift build, if you are going to build her and need any help just pm me.

Brian

over_powered84

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:07:57 PM »

Thanks Brian
The Pics Weren't For Me Bud They Were For A Guy At the Club Who's Building This....Soon :P

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:46 AM »

No problem If he needs any help with the build just pm me and let me know

brian

over_powered84

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 04:19:47 AM »

That's Brill Thanks Brian :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up