Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT  (Read 5580 times)

seahawk 1

TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:06 pm »

I have taken quite a liking to this kit, so have to ask; what is NOT in the kit?  Have many years building R/C boats and have, more than likely, all the electronics/adhesives/etc, required to complete.  I ask due to being in the US, this 'kit' will set me back about $1300.00. Have requested a shipping quote from Tyne, but no response to date.  What else is needed?  Wood? Plastic?

Thanks,
Mike

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TYNE/FLYING SPINDRIFT
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:17:07 pm »

These kits make very detailed models when finished. I believe they are supplied as semi kits with detailed GRP hull, pre-shaped GRP wheel house/bridge (you need to cut out the windows, port holes, doors, etc), funnel details, etc, plus a number of essential fittings (cast in pewter I think). The purchaser will need to buy other detailing parts and all the RC gear. The person to contact on this forum about these impressive models is Chipchase. I think he's built several Tyne Models kits to a very high standard.

All the best
Simon  %%

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:02 pm »

Hi Mike
As Simon has said this makes up into a very nice model and I don’t think you will be disappointed. The only thing that’s not in the kit is an instruction book. Everything else is supplied. As you have had some experience of building models I don’t think you will have a problem with any of their kits. Tyne Models have recently started to produce quite a lot of the big fittings in resin, these are up to a very high standard. There are still a lot of the smaller fittings like brake handles and clutches still produced in pewter. I have included two photos in this reply, one is the model that I built and the other is of the contents of the kit that was supplied to me when I purchased it from Tyne Models.

Hope this helps.

Brian

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:14 pm »

Lovely model Chipchase! How do you achieve such a good paint finish on your models?

Simon  :o

seahawk 1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:08:16 am »

Thanks for all the input, very nice build! You guys are great.

mike

over_powered84

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:49 am »

Nice Spindrift There Chipchase, Do You Have Pics of Your Build?

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:14:58 am »

Hi Simon and over powered84

I use acrylic car paint from the local car accessory shop. Some accessory shops will mix paint you need in spray cans. When I built the Spindrift the nearest colours I could get was Ford Baltic blue (semi matt) for the hull and Alabestro (semi matt) for the superstructure. I have use red oxide primer as an under coat on all of the models that I have built.

Unfortunately I only have a few photos of the Spindrift build, if you are going to build her and need any help just pm me.

Brian

over_powered84

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »

Thanks Brian
The Pics Weren't For Me Bud They Were For A Guy At the Club Who's Building This....Soon :P

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:46 am »

No problem If he needs any help with the build just pm me and let me know

brian

over_powered84

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 04:19:47 am »

That's Brill Thanks Brian :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.