The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

1/4 scale Bluebird K7 for turbine power - new project started........

<< < (2/3) > >>

rapidrabbit:
Hi Rick,

The turbine I have at present puts out 20lbs of thrust, so as long as I can get the boat built at 20lbs or a little less then I will have 1-1 power to weight. This I believe is what Bluebird (Full size) had on tap.

The 1/6 scale turbine powered bluebird doing the rounds at the mo' is powered by a wren 54 turbine which puts out approx 14lbs of thrust - the boat weighs approx 14lbs from what I have read.

It all depends on the final weight of my build - which is some way off as yet but edging ever closer!  8)

Cheers,

Nigel  :-))

Tornadon:
Wow that's nice i use the same technics to build my boats
It will look killer with carbon fiber 
I build fast electric
 http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=19575.0
I use composites to cover it up
The removal of the foam the best way that works for me is acetone
 What is the way that you do?    :-)   

GaryM:
That's a really great looking K-7, should be magnificent  on the water. Very keen to see the finished job. Does anyone know where I might find a set of plans for Malcolm Campbell's Bluebird K-4. Any help would be most appreciated.

:} :}

mickday:
Hi,

Long shot really but I think I have one of these completed 1:4.3 Bluebird K7 models and was hoping to get in touch with whoever constructed it

I am currently in the process of adding additional detail and setting up for RC and Jet power

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Mick

Onetenor:

--- Quote from: rapidrabbit on August 19, 2009, 09:32:32 pm ---I though this may be of interest to someone and also the best place to post some details of my new project. It's a 1/4.3 scale Bluebird K7 hydroplane for gas turbine power.

Here are some pics of the build so far - These pictures are of the plug that I am constructing ready to make my moulds from. My actual boat will be constructed from composite materials.

Enlarged and printed out my plans.....................

Foam shaped using my hot wire cutter...................

Starting to take shape but now some serious sanding and finishing is required!  %

Going to need a larger table I think......... {-)

Once the sanding has been completed I will post up some update pics.

Cheers,

Nigel  :-))

--- End quote ---

But no pics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version