Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JOHN BLUEBIRD  (Read 2168 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
JOHN BLUEBIRD
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:50:04 pm »

To save me having to reply to anymore e'mails or PMs asking where John is and telling me his phone isnt working.

1 He fell out with BT over speed of broadband so they cut him off.

2 Looks like the same has happened to his phone.

3 He is not on the run, he is busy this week with other things.

4 I will forward any messages if needed.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: JOHN BLUEBIRD
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:13:43 am »

Sounds Like BT are sulking ...
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:15:24 am »

Sounds like he's not paid his bill ;D

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:29:42 am »

4 I will forward any messages if needed.

Carrier pigeon or telepathy, perhaps?  %)
FLJ

das boot

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:53:24 am »

Sounds Like BT are sulking ...

Been there, done that...BT just hate you if you dare stand up to them. They told me I owed them over £200(I'd only had the phone on a week or so)I told them I didn't. They said I did...ad infinitum. I still don't have a phone line, hence the use of a 3 remote dongle for my 'net access....but I've never yet paid them a penny.

Mr Bluebird sir...stand up to them. As the great Wolfie Smith once said "power to the people...."   :-))

Rich

Wasyl

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:51:48 am »

BT,money comes first, customer second,I was with BT for 5 years,and never took longer than a week to pay my bill,then on only one occasion,i took 2 weeks,BT,fined me £7.50 for late payment,Then when I notify them that i,m changing to another company,they bombarded me with calls,on how much they valued my custom,blah,blah,blah,I told them they should have thought about that,before they fined me,
I,m now with XLN Telecom,

Wullie

madrob

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 12:09:45 pm »

To save me having to reply to anymore e'mails or PMs asking where John is and telling me his phone isnt working.

1 He fell out with BT over speed of broadband so they cut him off.

I can understand that...somedays mines like dialup,  my phone line crackles like a good un..............and if the phone rings while the i am on the internet forget it, despite new filters

Niall

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »

I had the same problem with crackling on a BT line. BT swore there was no problem with the line, based on their test from the exchange. I insisted they come out and check it. They warned me there would be a charge if there was nothing wrong. The engineer gound there was a problem with the line from the pole in the road to the main box into the house. When this was replaced I did not have a problem with the line for the 3-4 years I lived at that address.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 06:00:37 pm »

Shoot me down with BT if you like , but i will defend them .
Firstly over the last thirty or so years i have been with them (as a coustomer and nothing else) i have had no cause to doubt them , any problems i have had were sorted quickly and efficiently .
And when we wanted to join the digital age and have broadband we contacted them , due to the area where we live and the length of line to the exchange they told me that i could have it but it would not be fast (about 40kb less than dial up) so we looked around and in the end i was chasing the broadban providers on the street and in the shops offering to take a 18 month contract with them if they could connect me up , as soon as i gave them my address and i was told "sorry sir it would not be possible for us to provide you with a service) .
When i contacted BT and asked them why , i was told that it would not be profitable for them , i am now running at 54 mps and the oposition still cant/wont offer me a service .
One of the reasons for the slow speed is that the line has to cross a river and a canal to the exchange , when the road bridge over the river was replaced BT was asked if the wanted to have a cable fitted which would take over five miles off the length and as there were other providers using the line they were asked to conrtibute (sounds fair enough) but they said no and then winged over the speed provided by BT , damned if they do damned if they don't.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.