Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the world coming to.....  (Read 4244 times)

FullLeatherJacket

Re: What is the world coming to.....
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »

But who would FLJ get to wield his baseball bat for him ?  {:-{

No need, dear old thing. Such crudity is beneath me. We had a "shoplifter" at one show.

I ate his liver with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti............  8)

FLJ

Bee

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 03:36:54 pm »

As a Customer there is nothing like a good display presentation to be able to see exactly what you are buying, and you may not know you need to buy one until you see it. Today that needs a plastic covered display case, extra cost but solves some problems.
If the stuff is on a wall at the back of the stand for security please make sure descriptions/notices/prices are clear enough to be read by people without their glasses. You don't have time for "can I have a look at that widget, no the one above, no up a bit, how much...."

It would help in some cases to provide a lot more information on the shop's website which is tedious but lower cost and lasts a while. "widget - picture not available " is not much use. Widget, pictured with 3 views square on to some graph paper with a clear dimension, a helpfull description  like 'suitable size for 1:32 scale tug of 1950's German design' material of construction and a part number helps a lot more and must result in more orders.

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 04:46:44 pm »

There's an old saying "You look with your eyes not your hands" an so called model makers are just as bad as very young children with regards to picking things up and getting close to very fine rigging with that pointed finger. I seem to remember an instance at the Model Engineers show, London, some time back, a guy picked up an piece of work that was on display and walked off a short distance to show his wife "darling isn't this wonderfull" he exclaimed, security went in a right tizzy over it, and top it off the guy admitted he was a model maker to boot!
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

The long Build

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 06:55:34 pm »

There's an old saying "You look with your eyes not your hands"

Agree about picking up a model or touching someone else's pride and joy without permission , however when purchasing something a customer should be able to view closer if required , which in most cases is actually the case , particularly with the traders on this thread , On a occasions I have asked if I could take something away to check that it is the right size or would do the job,  a lot of it  as always is trust which unfortunately is ruined by a small majority.

Larry

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.