Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnum  (Read 2633 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Magnum
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:47:03 pm »

Lesro make some good kit boats. I would be interested to see how you get on as this look like a good little project for the winter time.  Keep posting the build photo's as you go along. Good luck with it. :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

das boot

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:55 pm »

Hello, young Bill...I'm thinking of something fun to build whilst I get on with the research of the new sub, something to just throw in the car and go play with.

A 540 and...what, ten cells? Should be enough?

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:13 pm »

Hello, young Bill...I'm thinking of something fun to build whilst I get on with the research of the new sub, something to just throw in the car and go play with.

A 540 and...what, ten cells? Should be enough?

Rich
Im not sure a 540 will take 10 cells but it will be loads of fun. Have a good one.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:56:05 pm »

The Lesro Magnum ia a Very basic boat and in my opinion, way over priced at £45 - especially as it doesn't even have a motor!
Have a look at the Model Slipway Club 500 boat or even their FSB TENBY Lifeboat or RTTL 'Mini 'kits.
http://www.modelslipway.com/

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer

das boot

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »

How about this ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONTELEONE-SPEED-POWER-BOAT-MONO-HULL-KIT-BNIB_W0QQitemZ220472748083QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item3355332833&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If you want a good hull that runs fast try this one they look like good performers ive seen a few videos from the guy and you can check him out as he races i believe.
Mart
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fast-Electric-model-boat-Zoom-2-fibreglass-moulding_W0QQitemZ140342055281QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item20ad09d171&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Top one....nice, but too expensive for what I want.

Bottom one....more like it, I've emailed the seller for more details, etc.

I only want a 'chuck it in the car and go play' boat, something to get wet with whilst the sub is on the slipway.

Rich

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:16 pm »

No probs mate i also emailed him a while back they run well with a 600 bb brushed motor i think ,arround 30 mph he sent me a cpl of videos of it with two diff setups.With a brushless they will go much faster and they self right as the cowl is offset to one side so no need for a flood chamber and no need to ever worry about flipping.
Mart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.