Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aeroflyte kit bash :)  (Read 24253 times)

rathikrishna

Re: Aeroflyte kit bash :)
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 06:42:47 am »

nice..again its a kind request...i am too happy to see its video...it will be a nice thing on water...Friend have a nice day..and weekend...

steamboatbob

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 02:00:30 pm »

:embarrassed:

Well all good intentions were made at getting a video for ya rathikrishna and the mind was willing but the flex shaft solder join to the stub shaft was very weak i have about 2 seconds of footage of it trying to get up on the plane and then nothing lots of motor revving but no action on the prop end of things so accept my humble apologies for no video and i will say only one thing (I purchased a 4900KV motor and new watercooled esc and a better way of getting the flex shaft to stick into the stub shaft). so please stay tuned and i will get there one day  O0

rathikrishna

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 06:56:49 am »

Hai..thanks for he efforts...but still i am wating for the excellent video from you...no worry take your own time to full fil it...but its a humble request again that to post a video...because it looks simply aggressive...and stunning...

steamboatbob

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 11:17:01 pm »

well new motor and esc arrived yesterday so hopefully today will bring me some luck. batteries are charging as we speak  :D

steamboatbob

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2011, 04:54:37 am »

well all installed total weight with battery now is 592 grams with the battery
so setup now is

turnigy 2040 brushless inrunner 4900KV
turnigy 35 amp esc
X430 octura prop
micro servo
running gear from a joysway boat (very similar)
2.4Ghz radio flysky GT2 Pistol Grip style

video hopefully will be up by tonight

steamboatbob

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 10:59:58 am »

here ya go Rathikrishna a new video of perth in the sunshine with a little boat running on 7.4 V

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSteamboatbob#p/u/0/_WIBnYuNo9c

rathikrishna

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 11:55:30 am »

oh god is nice...ohhhh...a million thanks....will you tell me a way to save this video for me..?  please...

steamboatbob

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 01:04:26 pm »

well mate as it is in cyberspace (youtube) it will be there for ever for you to look at but also i think it will perform a lot better with a smaller prop on it say a 27mm as the 30mm is loading the motor up too much

rathikrishna

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:38 am »

ok..thank you..but i do not have any connection at home...oh..but i will try to see it..as i have many things to learn from your video...have a nice day..

Wakusei

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 09:37:53 am »

Finally i got some small footage of my Little Red Dictator on 3S Lipo.
Do not expect the best quality from my phonecam, handled by nephew.

steamboatbob

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 01:33:14 am »

awesome mate just wait one little boat is never enough

rossb753

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »

nice I'm getting the pacific balsa challenger its exactly the same as the aeroflight sabre comes from same company just different name

steamboatbob

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2011, 01:59:58 am »

yeah pacific balsa purchased aeroflyte a few years back but they still produce a wonderful kit just remember to resin the balsa very well

timmay

• Shipmate
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:52 pm »

Hello Gents

This thread prompted me to purchase a Pacific Balsa Dicactor kit and get cracking. I scratch built an IOM a few years ago so I should be ok with the balsa wangling and I intend to cover it in some nice lightweight glass fibre which is on order. Here is where I'm upto so far...

The included canopy seemed a flimsy and I wasn't sure how well it would seal so I've built one up from scrap balsa. I've been looking at the pictures of the Blue one, the black one and the Red Dictator for inspiration. I think the red one is wider than shown on the plan? I read somewhere that the width helps with turning and reducing the tendency to flip over so I'm  probably going to try that.

Its first time building an electric powered boat so I could do with some help. I don't have any donor boats so everything has to be hunted down. Starting with the drive shaft, I found this...

https://astecmodels.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_79&products_id=179

would it be suitable? I've spied various parts on ebay but when you start adding them its almost the same as that kit. I'll wait to see what people think before getting any bits because really i don't have a clue!

Finally last question for tonight but the most important..... what engine setup do I get? I'm speed reading as much as I can to try and work things out myself but honestly all the numbers are blurring together and i'm confused! I'm tried searching for the specific motors mentioned in this thread but can't seem to find them for sale, although i may not be looking in the right places or the product numbers are different in the uk. Then I started trying to work out what prop I should get and then wondering what KV motor i should get which seems to depend on the voltage of the  batteries which I don't even have yet and confusion reigns! If I'm starting from scratch do I work out the motor first and build everything else round that? or does it make sense to start somewhere else?

Can someone please recommend a suitable setup to make this tiny craft go very very fast? promise to post more build pictures and any crash damage from putting a really fast motor in this boat!!  :-)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.