Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem's 'Brain fade' awards.....  (Read 6040 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Mayhem's 'Brain fade' awards.....
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:41:08 pm »

I'll start...

Sold two items on ebay last week.... mixed up the address labels!  >:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DARLEK1

Re: Mayhem's 'Brain fade' awards.....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:48:26 pm »

Just sent a doubled up order for fittings out, the guy gave me packs of, then quantities off, my fault, he got a double order for one.

Bummer!
 I hope he is a nice guy and realises the mistake???????

Paul... :embarrassed:

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:17 pm »

I'm supposed to know better but.... swapped the aft palne and rudder servo plugs over on a collegues submarine by mistake and didn't spot the error till we got to the pond. No tools to take the dive unit apart so with a quicksilver mind blowing realisation I suggested we simply change over the operating rods to the aft controls as we needed virtually no tools to complete this task.
We wound up with boat which had a self veveller controlling the rudder!!! When we dived, it turned right when we surfaced, it turned left...... DOH!!! :embarrassed:

Sorry Al, I will get it right next time, it'll be fine... promise!  %)

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:19:27 am »

I suppose we,ve all had that moment,when the brains not in gear,
like the time many years ago,when i had my Kawasaki 750 with sidecar,,I parked it outside the pub,put on the steering lock,situated in the headstock,went to the pub,had 2 beers came out a couple of hours later,"i was a slow drinker "jumped on the bikes switched her on,fired,her up,then selected 1st gear and took off,and,,,,,,,yup you,ve guessed it,I went round in a cirrcle, twice,before i realised i,d left the steering lock on {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Wullie

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:05:08 am »

Searched high and low for new batteries for TV remote in my workroom and then discovered I had been trying to change the channels with my cordless phone. >>:-( >>:-(
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Proteus

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:20:49 am »

Searched high and low for new batteries for TV remote in my workroom and then discovered I had been trying to change the channels with my cordless phone. >>:-( >>:-(

Use less evostick Dickey and keep the lid on , I went like that after cleaning some parts with cellulose thinners , it was the good real perdrops stuff as well..  come to thionk of it I have done that without thinners

Proteus,

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 10:40:03 am »

Thanks for the smile Dicky, brilliant. {-)

Sidecars remind me of a situation many years ago when motorcycles were the only form of transport available to my group of friends.  A friend of mine had an outfit for many years and we regularly went out for rides together.  One day he had taken the chair off for some reason or other and we were out for a ride in Derbyshire.  I'm sure you know what's coming. He pulled up at a set of lights and completely forgot that he hadn't got three wheels so he didn't put his feet down.  I kid you not he didn't move a muscle, he simply fell over sideways and still looked shocked when he hit the floor!! {-)

Another one from those days happened when I was taking my girlfriend out for a ride with a couple of other bikes.  We stopped for petrol, filled up and got back on the bike.  Unfortunately being short in the leg my girlfriend used the kerb around the pump to get on the bike.  After feeling her hands on my shoulder for a while I simply assumed she was on.  Off I goes and she falls flat on her face behind me.  Apparently the other lads came very close to falling off as well because they were laughing so much!

You can only imagine the hell I got for that!! <*<
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:41 am »

Fortunatlynot me , but the father in law needed a mobile phone with him whilst delivering a load of straw to a farm in the wilderness of the pennines , just in case he got lost( he is in his 80's driving a 6 wheeler) .
Any way when he got back he was winging  >>:-( about how this modern technology had failed and how he had to use a pay phone to ring the farmer , he then put the remote controll for the tv back on the table  {-) %% %% .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

das boot

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 07:34:11 pm »

Many years ago I was heading up out of Salisbury in a dog n' pup loaded with shoes...as I hit the top of the hill the alarm went off for some reason. The on/of switch was mounted in the centre of the dash, and the key to turn it on/off was on the key ring...I took the key out of the ignition to turn the alarm off, and what happened? Yep, engine cut out and the steering locked.... <:(

I got half way down the hill, couldn't get the key back in the ignition, and just had to sit tight as  the truck went through a hedge, half way across a field, rolled over onto it's side, and carried on until it fell into a river at the far side of the field. I climbed out of the cab and watched as my bed and the contents of the cab floated off downstream.. >:-o..a passing motorist called the law, and then I had to watch as they loaded up their cars with shoes.   :police:

I had to explain to the boss a couple of days later when I got home....luckily, I kept my job, and the local police were well shod for years afterwards!  :police:  {:-{

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:49:57 pm »

I remember watching my friends dad searching and searching for something and getting more and more frustrated
and angry..... after about the 8 minutes of this he found his reading glasses .... in his hand!!!!!
  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

das boot

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 08:04:46 pm »

Are we all daft?   %)

Rich

craftysod

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »

A few years ago,me and the better half went camping.
After a few beers down the clubhouse,we returned to our tent,i asked her if she had the keys to unlock the door,
after five minutes of going through her bag,and me a whack,she cottoned on ,there isnt a doorlock on a tent.
Mark

andyn

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 08:43:56 pm »

I remember watching my friends dad searching and searching for something and getting more and more frustrated
and angry..... after about the 8 minutes of this he found his reading glasses .... in his hand!!!!!
  O0

If I had a pound for every time I've done that...

I also go upstairs and forget what I've gone for,
I've started up an IC plane and didn't rubber band the wings on, only realised when i got it to the middle of the field...
I've left the glow started attached to the engine a couple of times,
Went out the field out the back of my house with my shock flyer and the wrong transmitter,
Got everything ready to take a boat to the lake then left it at home...

Think that's about all that comes to mind...  ;)

des321

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 10:32:50 pm »

Got back to airport carpark at midnight 3 miles from anywhere, after a week holiday in a friend's apartment in Croatia and requested car keys from Trouble and Strife. She emptied handbag but to no avail. Daughter drove 70 miles with spare keys. I was really sympathetic and refused to get angry about wife losing keys. Told everyone how easy it is do so. Felt really good about this for five months. Then friends returned from their holiday at their apartment with my car keys they found in the bedroom cabinet on MY side of the bed. SWMBO has been quite good about it.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 10:41:56 pm »

I tried to sail from Chichester to the Isle of Wight once and hit both a fort and an aircraft carrier.....

Colin

andyn

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:02 pm »

My dad left a blanket on the engine of our car while we were away on holiday in the winter. Came back, he forgot it and drove on...

The ensueing fire definately warmed us up...

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 11:12:55 pm »

This isn't my eperience but happened to my brother... if you don't like gory stuff.. don't read any further.

He jumped in his car to and set off for work one morning, along the route, the car's engine started making strange noises, but as it didn't falter he pressed on till he reached his workplace. When he got there he decided to find out what the problem was so lifted the bonnet, only to find a cat fur wrapped around his offside driveshaft... there was no cat in it, just the fur!!
If this wasn't bad enough, when he got home, his wife mentioned she hadn't seen the cat since he went to work. He put two and two together very quickly, that catskin was the same colour as their cat!
 It never did come back home and to this day, he has not said anything to his wife or the kids.

Captain Povey

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 08:35:52 am »

My phone and pc keyboard are next to each other so when I was asked by an automated phone answer machine to key in an account number I could not understand why, and became angry when it was repeatedly not recognised. Then I woke up and realised I was punching the numbers into the computer and not the phone.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 09:13:23 am »

We went to Italy for a holiday, I had been instructed to book a suitable car, which I did and felt ok about it.

Arrived at the airport, found the car hire office, requested the car, only to find I had booked it for the following week!

Swmbo was ok, kids thought it hilarious, fortunately, they had one available for us!

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

aestus57

• Full Mayhemer
  • Pentland Model Boat Club
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 10:35:35 am »

Went to B & Q some years ago, with wife and three kids in car for some vinyl flooring 3m X 1m. Wife duly picked one out and I was thinking .."how am I going to get everyone in car with 3m length of flooring as well?"  Took wife and kids back home, returned to B & Q, ... bought flooring.... which was duly rolled up by salesperson from the "short end" hence roll only 1m wide!!!! Got home to howls of derision from entire family. Have never lived it down to this day!!!!!

:embarrassed:  :embarrassed:  :embarrassed:  :embarrassed:  :embarrassed:

Peter
Think I'm suffering from De Ja Vu,   I'm sure I've forgotten this before!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 02:17:02 pm »

I'll start...

Sold two items on ebay last week.... mixed up the address labels!  >:-o

... and just to make matter  even worse -  I FOUND THE MISSING ITEM IN THE CUPBOARD AT WORK THIS MORNING!   >>:-(

(Goodness knows what was in the 2nd parcel I sent out was....!)
 %%

Wasyl

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 05:56:17 pm »

This isn't my eperience but happened to my brother... if you don't like gory stuff.. don't read any further.

He jumped in his car to and set off for work one morning, along the route, the car's engine started making strange noises, but as it didn't falter he pressed on till he reached his workplace. When he got there he decided to find out what the problem was so lifted the bonnet, only to find a cat fur wrapped around his offside driveshaft... there was no cat in it, just the fur!!
If this wasn't bad enough, when he got home, his wife mentioned she hadn't seen the cat since he went to work. He put two and two together very quickly, that catskin was the same colour as their cat!
 It never did come back home and to this day, he has not said anything to his wife or the kids.

can we assume your brother is,nt into model boats,cause if he is,then who,knows,his wife might happen to come on here someday,

Wullie

Roger in France

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 06:10:15 pm »

Made up two lovely brochets (sorry, English ? "kebabs") of salmon; monk fish and vegetables on long, metal needles with a large ring at one end.

Placed them on the BBQ.

Sprinkled with oil and herbs as I turned them.

Sipped some good rose wine.

Enjoyed the smell of the cooking fish.

Wife said, "Here you are, dear. Two plates".

Picked up the brochets by the rings, burnt my fingers, dropped the lot on the patio.

Swore at the fish scattered on the floor. Swore at the wife for laughing at me. Danced around a bit, waving fingers in air and cursing.

Put fingers under the cold tap.

Got out the bread and cheese!

Roger in France

Wasyl

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 06:17:12 pm »

I,ve had that many aberrations of the brain,and the older i get,the more i have,thankfully most of them have been hilarious,one that springs to mind,is ,when I went to a Pink Floyd concert,at Hockenheim in Germany in 1994/5,the camp site,is all around the stadium,which is all forested,We went into the stadium,at 5pm on Sat 11th Aug, and came out after,1am,but we came out at a different exit than when we went in,and with 20,000 people all converging on to the campsite,we quickly became disorientated,and we followed the departing hordes like sheep,as it turned out our campsite was on the other side of the Autobahn,which we tried to cross along with dozens of others,but luckily for us, a German Policeman was guarding this part of the road,and turned us back when we eventually found the campsite,some hours later,we had to find our "blue tent"there were hundreds of blue tents, suffice to say,i awoke in a Strangers tent,later that day,and fortunately the guy saw the funny side of it,

Wullie

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 07:27:06 pm »

Went to the Llaberis bash the other week...

I had made a booking on-line at Travelodge at Bangor.
Arrived at Travelodge, Bangor.
"Sorry sir, we have no booking for you."
"Yes I have!"
"Sorry sir you haven't"
"Yes I have!" etc. etc.
We leave Travelodge, Bangor with family looking daggers at me... and slightly worried.
"Cheer up!" I sez, "If the worst comes to the worst, we can always sleep in the car.. all four of us!.... or in Ghosty's tent!"
"... OK lets go look for an Tinternet connection and I'll check the booking on-line."
It's now about 5:30pm and finding anything open at 5:30pm in Bangor is proving difficult.
We find the (from memory) Dickies Marina who let me use their computer for a few minutes....
I logon to the the Travelodge... and promptly lock myself out as I can't remember the password!
Dickies is closing and I have to leave.
My Mrs spots the iT dept of Bangor University (?!?)
"Sorry, university students only."
I give her the sob story.... hundreds of miles from home... angry family, etc, etc.
"OK, you can use a computer."

Logon to the Travelodge website.
Locked out.
Click the link to reset the password.
Password recovery sent to my Mayhem email address.
- I can’t access my Mayhem email online! –

I once accessed my Mayhem email via Online Mail but I can’t remember how….
I then logon here to the forum where I’ve got access to an account set up from Online Mail.
I glen the Online Mail account settings and  logon to Online Mail .
Through Online Mail I can set-up an POP to Mayhem email.
I get the email from Travelodge and reset the password and logon.

After about 20 minutes, I recover the CONFIRMED booking with Travelodge…. at Carnarvon Travelodge 6 miles up the road!  :embarrassed:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 24 queries.