Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem's 'Brain fade' awards.....  (Read 6043 times)

das boot

Re: Mayhem's 'Brain fade' awards.....
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 07:53:08 pm »

Martin, I worry about you, I really do!!

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 08:01:30 pm »

You're worried! I have to live with me!!!!  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 08:09:20 pm »

Huuuh..

What was the question again?...  :embarrassed:

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 08:31:35 pm »

I'm really not having a good week....

Just got my new bank card, so I thought I better cut up my old one and thoroughly destroy it.
Looked in my other hand afterwords and found the old card again!
AAAAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!  >>:-(
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

das boot

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 08:46:27 pm »

Martin...no, never mind. Just go and lay down somewhere....

Rich

Bradley

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 09:41:20 pm »

Er, I came on here to type something - can't remember what it was - ah well.    {:-{ {:-{ <:(
Derek (I think).      :police:

Wasyl

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:34 pm »

Another aberration that i had,was when i was,changing the wheel bearings on the sidecar of my Kawasaki.upon jacking up the sidecar,I removed the wheel,took off the inner wheel bearing and the outer,fitted the new tapered bearings,greased them then refitted the wheel,and tightened up the large retaining nut,
then i took the bike out for a run,i got approx 1/2 a mile,when suddenly,the sidecar wheel came off,and bounced down the road,fortunately for me I was going quite slow,and there was little damage to the stub axle and the bouncing wheel did,nt hit anything,
On walking back up the road,i found the big retaining nut,that had backed off,,,,because,some stupid twit, had forgotten to fit the split pin, that stops things like this happening,

Wullie

craftysod

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 05:55:26 pm »

On one of the many occasions i had to change engines in my racecars,i forgot to bolt the engine in.
Half way through first race,wondered why my car overtook the engine  %)
Mark

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »

Building my Wee Nip, which is assembled upside down, I marked the side pieces to indicate the TOP. When it came to assembly I kept the TOP edge to the top. After the epoxy set I realised, as I turned the hull the right way up that the TOP was on the bottom. Doh So I set about the epoxy with a dremel and a burr bit. Managed to recover the sides with no damage, cleaned them up and set about  reassembly. As the glue dried for a second time I realised I had done it again!

The air was very blue.

Third time lucky.

Doug
Don't Assume Check

das boot

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 09:02:53 pm »

Building my Wee Nip, which is assembled upside down, I marked the side pieces to indicate the TOP. When it came to assembly I kept the TOP edge to the top. After the epoxy set I realised, as I turned the hull the right way up that the TOP was on the bottom. Doh So I set about the epoxy with a dremel and a burr bit. Managed to recover the sides with no damage, cleaned them up and set about  reassembly. As the glue dried for a second time I realised I had done it again!

The air was very blue. Gosh and bother it?

Third time lucky.

Doug

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 09:21:01 pm »

U33 you know me too well  :} :} :}
Don't Assume Check

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 10:57:38 pm »

Was teaching local sea cadets how to sail Bosun dingies, one of the last things I said to them before we launched the boats was make sure the drain plugs are in''' after we had been sailing about 15 Min's I found I had water up to my ankles,
Guess who had forgotten to put the plugs in?
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

Wasyl

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 11:08:44 am »

Whilst on a motorcycle tour of Germany a few years ago,i was on my way home,I arrived at the Europoort in Rotterdam to catch my ferry back to Hull, at the check-in the Dutch customs officer,asked me for my passport,after much frantic searching,I realised that I,d left it on a bedside cabinet,at my hotel,in Freiburg,in Germany,I explained this to the customs man,who looked at me quite dubiously,Then he asked if i had any other form of I.D.like a drivers licence,I did,but it was a bit worse for wear,having been through the washing machine,and i kept the many pieces in a little plastic bag,I took it out and handed it over to him,he then opened the bag,and as luck would have it,pieces of it fell on the ground,eventually he was able to see that it was indeed a UK driving licence,"the old pink one"with no picture,He was able to see my name, and UK letters but that was about it,He,said,"there is no picture,How do I know this is your licence,"I said to him,"It was in my pocket therefore it must be mine,"He looked at me, and with a wry grin on his face,he waived me onto the ferry,
Somehow I doubt if i,d be able to get away with this now, {-)

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 01:36:57 pm »

I think,my ultimate brain drain happened about 30 odd years ago whilst i was sharing a flat with some hippy type guys/girls
,we were in the flat, and we had some luverly recreational,substances,
it was  a Thursday night,and we were having a great time,and we all agreed that on Friday we would go down to the Art College and see this Band that were playing there,the gig started at 11pm,So on the "Friday night"we left the flat at what we thought was about 10pm and headed for the Art college,we were walking down the road,it was dark,and we were in a jovial mood,all of us  out of our trees,looking forward to hearing some heavy sounds,when an electric milk float trundled by,
Oi, we shouted to the guy,"what time is it" half past 3 he shouted back,we looked at each other,in a dumb founded sort of way then all shouted "what day is it,"Sunday he shouts,
we all burst out laughing,and stood there for a while muttering,"where had the time went,we then made our way up to Cuthberts all night bakery,for wir breakfast,yeah,those were the days,

Wullie

Lynn

• Shipmate
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:18 pm »

Just sent a doubled up order for fittings out, the guy gave me packs of, then quantities off, my fault, he got a double order for one.

Bummer!
 I hope he is a nice guy and realises the mistake???????

Paul... :embarrassed:
Here in the U.S.A., we call it a brain fart when we do this, not a fade {-)  We just hope that no one has caught on {:-{
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.