Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are those Brussel B------s at it again ?  (Read 4884 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Are those Brussel B------s at it again ?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 06:04:15 pm »

Although this thread has sort of gravitated to an anti-union stance, I would like to put in another point of view.
It must be obvious to those who either know me or have read some of my postings that I am (and will remain) on the "right" of the political spectrum. Although I agreed with much of what the Thatcher government did, there was one thing that I found completely unacceptable and will never ever forgive them for. And that was designating some shipyards as builders of only warships, and others to build only "commercial" ships. This was interference in businesses that had no place whatsoever in government thinking. In the long term, it more than most of what the ubions were doing, dealt the death blow to British companies involved in the design and building of ships. Mind you, it certainly didn't help matters when only a few years ago one of the Labour MPs for Newcastle went public and said that no-one should never again order a ship to be built on the Tyne. Do people up here still vote for him, or has he got another "job"? BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Are those Brussel B------s at it again ?
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 09:17:57 pm »

One of the Thatcher Governments ideas was a Company Pension "Holiday" for 10 yrs.
No company contributions to be paid for the full 10 yrs.
The Brown Government has done enough damage, but nowhere near this 10 year "Payment Holiday".

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.